09-25-15 10:36 PM
55 123
tools
    I don't think that looks bad at all even being temporary. I'd be curious if the protectors for the AT&T version have a better fit. The original you have on there now fits the actual screen itself perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I don't really notice it anymore. The photos above make it look obvious that it's not a custom fit, but in person it's not that bad. I much prefer the tempered glass protection over film and will continue to keep my eyes open for one that fits the entire screen.
    08-17-15 09:40 PM
    Yer that looks bad sorry.
    I like how there is definite edges to the screen and no curves or soft edges so should be easy to make one. I just ordered a Sony xeperia z ultra screen protector as I noticed it's the same width as the PP, well I hope it is
    Then I'll just cut it to size. I still have the cover the phone comes with on it
    I'm not a great fan of this flip cover as it makes the phone even wider and sticks into your right hand when the cover is flipped to the back so the quicker I get a screen protector on the quicker I can get the other cover on
    Need to find a good supplier here in UK

Posted via CB10 on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-22-15 04:06 AM
    I had Ghost Armour cut one for me using an Apple mini template. It's perfect and you're right pretty easy to shape given the square screen. I'm surprised no one has produced a template yet for the SE.
    08-22-15 06:03 AM
    Waiting for tempered glass for my SE. Anybody gets a lead, post it.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-22-15 07:53 AM
    08-31-15 01:31 PM
    Amazon finally has a number of vendors selling them as well as the skinomi.
    08-31-15 07:01 PM
    Would love someone else to check that site out first-hand BTW shopcrackberry posted another link for protectors except not available in Canada!

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.2226 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    08-31-15 07:52 PM
    09-02-15 03:39 AM
    I order on at Amazon. Delivery time september 28.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:54 AM
    illumishieldstore
    iqshield

Both the sites the new screen protector for silver edition passport available
    09-03-15 12:27 AM
    illumishieldstore
    iqshield
    09-03-15 12:28 AM
    You meant ghost-armor.com, not armour.com.
    I'm in Canada but nowhere near any of those retailing spots. I emailed them to see how much it would cost to have a custom made screen. Seems like so far only BB US website gives a screen for free to PP SE buyers. I used Crackberry to benefit from the free sync pod as part of the bundle. Does Crackberry have any plan to sell their screen protectors any time soon? How good are they?
    09-11-15 10:53 AM
    I had mine custom fit at Vaughn mills ghost armor with lifetime warranty. Had them fit the complete screen using the iPad mini screen protector. It fits perfect.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 08:39 PM
    I have a at&t PP screen protector in the van. I'll take it out and match it up to my SE and see how it fits.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 08:45 PM
    I got a DeltaShield from amazon, fits perfectly and am totally happy so far. Comes with 3 protectors.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 08:56 AM
    Understandable, what I did was leave the original screen protector that came on it new. I cut the tab off and it looks and works good ( until more screen protectors are released ).
    I wanted to do that but mine had a bubble underneath and it drove me crazy :/ ocd much? Lol

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport SE.
    09-12-15 01:01 PM
    Tried the AT&T tempered glass on the SE and no go. The top of the glass cut outs cover the holes up top.
    Silver Edition Screen Protector-imageuploadedbytapatalk1442116347.333724.jpg
    09-12-15 10:52 PM
    I just had ghost armour put a custom screen protector on and it is fantastic..cut perfectly for the SE.

Posted via CB10
    Took your advice and had this done too at the Ghost Armour kiosk at Vaughan Mills. I think the girl remembered you because she said she just did the same phone a couple of days ago lol.
    Cost $30+tax.
    Thanks for the tip.
    They use a liquid applied method like the Liquid Shield linked in this thread, but with the Liquid Shield it's an online order and after shipping and tax it's about $20 anyway and you'd have to wait and do it yourself, so I just got it done instead of waiting.
    Protector is on perfectly and no bubbles.
    I had the factory sticker still on before I got it done.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:24 PM
    When I got the original Passport, I had went to a Best Buy in Vancouver and they had a machine that custom-cut screen protectors. One would hope that they had the SE template in there but I couldn't say for sure.

It would be really nice if manufacturers just included a high quality one pre-installed on their devices, for the extra pennies that would cost. BlackBerry already does this but it has that goofy grey tab and I don't believe that it's very good quality as it seems to scratch very easily. I guess it's one of those "penny saved is a penny earned" scenarios.

BlackBerry really should make this available though... I use their official ones as I find the quality to be great and the cut is always perfect. Also, the fact that they usually come in a 2 pack is handy since sometimes it takes more than one try to get it 'just right'.
    09-13-15 06:37 PM
    Took your advice and had this done too at the Ghost Armour kiosk at Vaughan Mills. I think the girl remembered you because she said she just did the same phone a couple of days ago lol.
    Cost $30+tax.
    Thanks for the tip.
    They use a liquid applied method like the Liquid Shield linked in this thread, but with the Liquid Shield it's an online order and after shipping and tax it's about $20 anyway and you'd have to wait and do it yourself, so I just got it done instead of waiting.
    Protector is on perfectly and no bubbles.
    I had the factory sticker still on before I got it done.

Posted via CB10
    That's good to hear. I've had all my devices done by them and while it may be a little more expensive it's done perfectly and if there is s problem they will redo it plus a lifetime warranty so really can't go wrong. Enjoy!!
    09-13-15 06:58 PM
    Does anybody know if there's a company out there that makes "privacy" screen protectors for the Passport SE?
    09-15-15 01:52 PM
    Does anybody know if there's a company out there that makes "privacy" screen protectors for the Passport SE?
    Haven't used it myself but I saw this one on amazon. Amazon.com: Mr Shield For BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Privacy [Anti Spy] Screen Protector [2-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    09-15-15 02:44 PM
    Thanks, but not available on Amazon.ca and they don't ship to Canada.
    09-15-15 03:25 PM
    I just ordered a matte screenprotector by atFoliX via ebay. It is a Germany company, so I don't know whether or not you can get them outside Europe. I'll report back how it fits, the pack itself is said to contain confidential three protectors.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:47 PM
    Anyone have any luck finding a tempered glass protector yet?
    09-25-15 08:40 AM
55 123