It's a disgrace BlackBerry didn't change their design when they've been Issuing this same phone for over a year and redesigned the shape and color several times.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-05-15 12:38 PM
    I just returned mine, it was 20 days old when the screen stated to lift. Image attached This SE Passport spent every day in the flip case and was never dropped or bumped. I love the phone, but this is an unacceptable quality defect in my opinion. New one coming soon. Attachment 374493.
    BlackBerry blew it one more time. This company deserves bankruptcy.
    10-05-15 01:02 PM
    I just returned mine, it was 20 days old when the screen stated to lift. Image attached This SE Passport spent every day in the flip case and was never dropped or bumped. I love the phone, but this is an unacceptable quality defect in my opinion. New one coming soon. Attachment 374493.
    Thanks for the image.
    That would certainly not be acceptable.
    Am hoping it's the exception and not the rule.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 10-06-15 at 09:56 PM.
    10-06-15 07:47 PM
    hi all!
    since the last message on this thread was posted back on october 5th, does it mean no one else has lifting screens on ther Silver Passports?
    Maybe BB has addressed this?
    I was waiting for the Black Friday to check the offers on shop BB to get the Silver, but now i'm kinda affraid to go for it..
    Can anyone confirm/advise what is the current situaution?
    Who has the most recent SE?
    11-18-15 05:59 AM
    hi all!
    since the last message on this thread was posted back on october 5th, does it mean no one else has lifting screens on ther Silver Passports?
    Maybe BB has addressed this?
    I was waiting for the Black Friday to check the offers on shop BB to get the Silver, but now i'm kinda affraid to go for it..
    Can anyone confirm/advise what is the current situaution?
    Who has the most recent SE?
    I'm curious too. I returned a launch SE for this issue. Did they figure it out?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 11-18-15 at 10:13 AM.
    11-18-15 07:17 AM
    I bought one from Amazon in the UK just over a week ago and mine has the issue. I had not noticed as I had left the screen protector on but having read this thread mine is definitely raised vs the left side. Not a major issue however as I am still within the return period I think I will send it back.
    11-18-15 07:37 AM
    That's bad news.
    Actually i saw only 1 quality picture with the lifted right side. not THAT bad i should say. if you was only able to notcie it after removing the protector, then it is just a matter of less than 0.5mm or something.
    But still, it is the "upgraded" BB ex-flagship we are talking about.
    Literally a faceLIFT.
    I don't know what to do.
    I've contacted CLOVE Technology for advice, and they replied: "we've seen this on a small number of Passports. In every case BlackBerry UK has provided a replacement phone. I have not seen this issue for a few months now."
    This almost sounded promicing....
    Last edited by kixxoff; 11-18-15 at 11:48 AM.
    11-18-15 08:35 AM
    I bought one from Amazon in the UK just over a week ago and mine has the issue. I had not noticed as I had left the screen protector on but having read this thread mine is definitely raised vs the left side. Not a major issue however as I am still within the return period I think I will send it back.
    Can you post a picture, by the way..?
    11-19-15 12:53 AM
    mine was returned in October and replaced with a new one, I had posted a high quality picture of the issue in this thread. The new one has no problems. The top right part of the screen is ever so slightly higher that the other side from the day it arrived but is not really noticeable at all. I've had it since about Oct 20th or so and it has not moved and is a great device that I would never be without!
    11-21-15 01:36 PM
    C
    mine was returned in October and replaced with a new one, I had posted a high quality picture of the issue in this thread. The new one has no problems. The top right part of the screen is ever so slightly higher that the other side from the day it arrived but is not really noticeable at all. I've had it since about Oct 20th or so and it has not moved and is a great device that I would never be without!
    Happy, that your new passport is fine.
    What I know for sure, is that i will go for the SE, because there is simply no other device that suits my needs.
    Hope there will be no lifting screen
    11-21-15 03:00 PM

Edit:
    I think I've fixed both screens. I put a clamp on the top right quadrant of screen which applied enough gentle pressure to seat the screen to be level with speaker bar and left it on there for 10 hours. Used both of them all day today and they are still flush. Fingers crossed the screens remain flush.

Update. 4th day in and the screen is still perfectly flush on both of them.
    Good post, good idea. I also like repairing things myself. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 03:10 PM
    Can you post a picture, by the way..?
    Sorry, it has gone back. It was the same as the picture posted further up but not quite as bad.

Have actually replaced mine with white model now.
    11-22-15 01:53 AM
    so.. no more complaints..?
    does not look like a mass production issue.
    12-03-15 12:28 AM
    I think it is a mass production issue. I just received mine today, brand new straight from BlackBerry. It has the top right corner raised. I have pushed it down and clamped it for an hour, it stayed down for a while but slowly started raising. Going to go with the 10 hour method overnight and see if that helps. I hate it because you know how your mind plays tricks on you after you find a defect like this, you always keep searching for it. Will never be at peace.

Any update on the other clamp that lasted for 4 days? Still going?
    12-25-15 06:53 PM
    I've got mine from Clove. arrived last week.
    I have not removed the out-of-the-box screen protector, so cannot confirm 100% regarding the screen.
    I can feel the protector when swiping down, but the screen looks flat.
    By the way, the device was heating up (upper right corner of the frame and back) quite significantly when I transferred all the stuff from my previous phone (over wifi). also ir becomes quite hot when running android TomTom or Sygic (navigation). i do not use other Android apps.
    The phone was also slighty heating when i was making a "Story" on StoryMaker.
    I believe this may cause the screen liftign in exactly the same corner.

Yea, this is somewhat paranoic stuff - to check your screen literally every day. BUT the phone is super awsome!
    12-30-15 05:43 AM
    After 3 weeks of using my Silver Passport (my 1st BlackBerry devise) I have noticed the screen lift on the left corner. It is negligible if don't go worse than now. But otherwise, I won't ever buy a BlackBerry devise anymore. Sad, since it is a great smartphone in terms of usability, but with poor build quality.

Posted via Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    12-30-15 12:49 PM
    I too am experiencing screen lift. I sent my first SE back and have received a replacement that has the same problem. I love this phone, but hate the lift!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 02:12 PM
    I have a simple self repair which worked for me and does not void the warranty.

Take a length of clear wide packing tape and carefully place it across the entire screen in line with where the screen lift is located. Very firmly pull the ends of the tape across the sides and around the back of the device so the screen is pulled back in place. Smooth any bubbles out with a credit card or something like that.

Use the device as normal. You can leave it like that indefinitely but you will find you can remove the tape after a few weeks and the screen will stay in place. Good as new with no super glue.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 04:15 PM
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 07:09 AM
    Silver Edition - possible issue with the screen being adequately secured?-img_20160126_062414.jpg

Leaving my new SE clamped in a clipboard (with a strategically placed pad of sticky notes to distribute pressure over the screen) for a day seems to have helped...

Posted via CB10

Attachment 389178
    Last edited by conbrio29; 01-26-16 at 07:04 PM.
    01-26-16 07:26 AM
    So for those of you that were commenting around August last year, does your SE still have any screen lifting issue? If not, how did you rectify it? Or did you perhaps just learn to live with it?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 02:27 PM
    Never had issues of screen lift with my SE.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 02:52 PM
    I have my SE for more than a month now.
    Still with the original screen protector on (considering glass protector, but have not selected yet);
    Got the most simple back case on ebay (transparent, to not hide the back of the phone);
    No screen lift issue as of yet. I even think the screen was lifted just a tiny bit, but went back to place. And now i only feel the protector when swiping down.
    Battery lasts 3-4 days depending on usage (not a heavy user: 4G all day long, data on from 9am to 6pm, some wifi in the evening, and all radios off from 11pm till around 8am).
    I would say the phone must last 48 hrs easily.

Conclusion - GREAT PHONE
    02-02-16 01:18 AM
    My its normal. I buy in Saudi Arabia. My screen its ok.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 03:50 AM
    Success... for now.

It's been roughly a day and my upper right corner of the SE screen is still flush with the metal like it should be out the box. I wasn't going to take any chances so I compensated for other areas of the phone. Anyway this is the method I used with a picture included. I didn't leave those pegs on for 10 hours though. That seems too excessive and made me worry if force applied would be too much. I tested grip strength for the pegs and did the math to roughly 5-6 hours (5.688 hrs to be exact - do 6hrs to be safe I guess).

Also note that I had the room temperature tweaked and implemented custom lighting to help with adjustments concerning dust build up and peg attachments not leaving residues. Also having a top notch humidifier (I have one of the very best made in the US) helps tremendously. Not going to bother explaining this process since it's annoying and unnecessary. The entire setup costs close to $2000 so yea. You guys don't have to go through such lengths though. My OCD nature requires such extremes for peace of mind.

Attachment 368139

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    For me works too! Thanks for the idea!
    It is ok now from 5 days ago!
    03-23-16 08:27 AM
151 ... 4567