If only a fool would make the claims you attribute to Chen, what word would you use to describe one who not only believed such claims but actually based his level of care for his uninsured device on them?

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    Get your act together...seriously man!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 10:24 AM
    I'd call them someone who believes what they are being told by the CEO of the company regarding one aspect of their device. And they aren't claims, they are factual statements he made. If he wouldn't have made them then it probably wouldn't be such a big deal but he obviously had no idea what he was talking about.
    First you say they're not true, then you say they're factual. Make your mind up, you're contradicting yourself.

08-22-15 10:28 AM
    Get your act together...seriously man!

Posted via CB10
    That would be better directed at those who bent their phones through carelessness, tried to hoodwink BlackBerry into providing warranty service and took to the internet to vent their narcissism when their attempts at obtaining such service were given the contempt they deserved.

08-22-15 10:31 AM
    First you say they're not true, then you say they're factual. Make your mind up, you're contradicting yourself.

I said I wasn't making claims that he said the Passport wouldn't bend. He factually made those comments and challenged people to try and bend it. But keep thinking it's all the users fault. That type of thinking does wonders for a company and doesn't prompt them to try and improve the build of their phones.
    08-22-15 10:54 AM
    I said I wasn't making claims that he said the Passport wouldn't bend. He factually made those comments and challenged people to try and bend it. But keep thinking it's all the users fault. That type of thinking does wonders for a company and doesn't prompt them to try and improve the build of their phones.
    Either they're factual or they're not. Either way, they're still claims.

And users fault is exactly what it is. It didn't bend by itself now did it?

08-22-15 11:22 AM
    Either they're factual or they're not. Either way, they're still claims.

And users fault is exactly what it is. It didn't bend by itself now did it?

Yes, I guess the same way double typing is the users fault. I mean the keys can't press themselves so the user is to blame.
    08-22-15 12:29 PM
    That's why I will stay with my at&t passport! There has been absolutely no issues regarding the screen lifting. Yes it's branded and has some bloat ware but as for the hardware, in my opinion out of the three, Blackberry got it right with the at&t variant.
    08-22-15 01:42 PM
    Yes, I guess the same way double typing is the users fault. I mean the keys can't press themselves so the user is to blame.
    Relevant? Nope. Still, if you got your phone wet or haven't made any attempt to keep the keyboard clean and free of the inevitable handjam, is that BlackBerry's fault?

08-22-15 02:05 PM
    Relevant? Nope. Still, if you got your phone wet or haven't made any attempt to keep the keyboard clean and free of the inevitable handjam, is that BlackBerry's fault?

Haha, apparently nothing is ever their fault in your eyes. Now that I understand that anything that ever goes wrong with a BlackBerry is the users fault I think we can end this ridiculous back and forth. Say hello to Chen for me when you bow before him later at your BlackBerry alter.
    08-22-15 02:44 PM
    May I ask what clamp you used? Preferably with a link?

Edit: Decided to go with pegs instead. Ordered a few from Amazon and hoping to get them by tomorrow. If this doesn't fix my extremely subtle screen lift, going to do an RMA. I'm just so OCD when it comes to these things no matter how small. Although, people who aren't as OCD as I am really shouldn't go through with an exchange. You will hardly even notice the screen lift unless you feel along the edges closely.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    Just used a ordinary C clamp. I agree also that it isn't worth a RMA. Barely even noticeable but now that this manufacturing defect is fixed on both devices they're perfect.
    08-22-15 03:00 PM
    I've had not one issue with either one of my SE Passports. Absolutely beautiful device.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10. � C a d u c e u s �
    08-22-15 03:24 PM
    So the device is flat as manufactured, and the screen is flat since it's incapable of bending, yet place them together and they curve away from each other? Lol. Of course they do.

Why are such absurd lies about BlackBerry and their products tolerated here?

It's not a lie, I experienced the exact same thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 06:25 PM
    ...inevitable handjam, is that BlackBerry's fault?

Inevitable: adjective: certain to happen; unavoidable.

If it's certain to happen, shouldn't BlackBerry design their product to be able to handle it? Or are BlackBerry users supposed to avoid the unavoidable?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:07 PM
    Just used a ordinary C clamp. I agree also that it isn't worth a RMA. Barely even noticeable but now that this manufacturing defect is fixed on both devices they're perfect.
    Maybe we should send BlackBerry's contract manufacturing plant some C-Clamps with instructions on use? Or perhaps the screen could be affixed using a more secure method in the first instance?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:09 PM
    Success... for now.

It's been roughly a day and my upper right corner of the SE screen is still flush with the metal like it should be out the box. I wasn't going to take any chances so I compensated for other areas of the phone. Anyway this is the method I used with a picture included. I didn't leave those pegs on for 10 hours though. That seems too excessive and made me worry if force applied would be too much. I tested grip strength for the pegs and did the math to roughly 5-6 hours (5.688 hrs to be exact - do 6hrs to be safe I guess).

Also note that I had the room temperature tweaked and implemented custom lighting to help with adjustments concerning dust build up and peg attachments not leaving residues. Also having a top notch humidifier (I have one of the very best made in the US) helps tremendously. Not going to bother explaining this process since it's annoying and unnecessary. The entire setup costs close to $2000 so yea. You guys don't have to go through such lengths though. My OCD nature requires such extremes for peace of mind.

Silver Edition - possible issue with the screen being adequately secured?-img_20150610_115911.jpg

seletok likes this.
    08-23-15 01:53 PM
    Breaking News! Blackberry to issue free clamps for all screen lifting passports! News @ 10...

Silver Edition - possible issue with the screen being adequately secured?-2ed69311-cade-4f28-b0bb-216b3448b06f.jpg
    08-23-15 02:24 PM
    Success... for now.

It's been roughly a day and my upper right corner of the SE screen is still flush with the metal like it should be out the box. I wasn't going to take any chances so I compensated for other areas of the phone. Anyway this is the method I used with a picture included. I didn't leave those pegs on for 10 hours though. That seems too excessive and made me worry if force applied would be too much. I tested grip strength for the pegs and did the math to roughly 5-6 hours (5.688 hrs to be exact - do 6hrs to be safe I guess).

Also note that I had the room temperature tweaked and implemented custom lighting to help with adjustments concerning dust build up and peg attachments not leaving residues. Also having a top notch humidifier (I have one of the very best made in the US) helps tremendously. Not going to bother explaining this process since it's annoying and unnecessary. The entire setup costs close to $2000 so yea. You guys don't have to go through such lengths though. My OCD nature requires such extremes for peace of mind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150610_115911.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	368139

I put one C clamp on the right side where you have yours. That's all I needed to fix both units. Fix cost nothing because I had the clamp but if I had to buy one I think they're about $1.50 CAD.
    08-23-15 02:40 PM
    I've only had my SE for 3 1/2 weeks but I've been having issues with the upper right hand corner getting hot on the phone. I have been trying to figure out the cause of the heat but regardless of the cause, the screen in the upper right hand corner is now lifting a tad... enough to feel the edge of the screen when swiping down with your finger. The left hand side is still flush or slightly lower than the frame so you don't feel it when swiping down.

So, essentially, the same issue as the OP.

I bought mine through the BB employee purchase program (referral) and I don't want to do a RMA if I don't have to so I'll try the clamp fix.

It's too bad about the heat/screen issue. They are the only problems I've had with the phone.
    09-09-15 09:43 PM
    Couldn't help myself not to smile mischievously to see a 'US$549.00' device would end up like that... BlackBerry should be ashamed of that...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 11:37 PM
    Just got the SE and yes, the screen is slightly lifted in the upper right corner. The trick with the clamps overnight didn't work and the corner returned to its previous position. There's no light bleed there so I'm kinda okay with it as long as it stays that way. I hope there's no OP-style lift in the future.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    09-19-15 04:32 AM
    No issues with the ones i have had, build quality seems really good.
    09-19-15 05:33 AM
    I just noticed my screen is also slightly lifted on the upper right corner. Haven't tried the clamp trick yet, but might do so tonight.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 06:30 AM
    I do have the same problem and also got my second SE.
    Not sure yet if I will accept that

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-19-15 07:15 AM
    I would say that the screen on my Passport is flush unless you pay a lot of attention and try to feel the edge.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:21 AM
    I just returned mine, it was 20 days old when the screen stated to lift. Image attached This SE Passport spent every day in the flip case and was never dropped or bumped. I love the phone, but this is an unacceptable quality defect in my opinion. New one coming soon. Silver Edition - possible issue with the screen being adequately secured?-mybb-passport-se.jpg.
    dusanvn likes this.
    10-05-15 12:18 PM
151 ... 34567