Put your new SE in a case use it and enjoy it, quit worrying about the trivial stuff in life!

I received my SE yesterday and it's perfect, now I guess I could get a magnify glass out and pick it apart, but unfortunately I'm to busy enjoying life and my new SE

Posted via CB10
    No one wants to spend a substantial sum of money for a new phone only to have a screen lifting away. The screen in an integral part of the phone and it should be properly secured to the frame and functional. Telling someone to abide a bad screen is just as bad as telling someone who just bought a car with an occluded windshield..."no problem, buddy. Just wind down your driver's side window and stick your head out to see." Absolute nonsense. There are people that are anal about things at time, but if people's screens are physically coming apart from the frames, they have a right to have that rectified.
    mhw100 likes this.
    08-19-15 06:10 PM
    I'm about to be on my fourth SE. The first one had a loose, creaky back panel and lifted screen under the LED. The second one had a perfectly flush screen, but the ear piece had a terrible vibration when on a call and the Sim cover was loose and misaligned. My third one has the same screen issue as the first one and the same sim cover issue as the second one. Phone calls sound good at least :s. RMA exchange in progress.

Posted via CB10
    That's bad. I would never buy a BlackBerry off of a early production run. I've learned this lesson the hard way on every device post the 9700. I did this time because the bundle was attractive and I figured they ironed out the bugs in the OG. Both of mine are perfect after clamping them.
    08-19-15 06:50 PM
    I just received my SE. The only thing wrong with mine is a little light bleed from the keyboard in the gap between the screen and frame. While its annoying, a little black silicon will take care of it (I had to do this to an old Sony phone years back). If I decide to keep the device, that is.
    08-19-15 06:55 PM
    I'd try the clamp method, but the ill-fitting sim cover bothers me too much to let it go

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 08:58 PM
    mhw100 fix seems to work. I used several pegs and, so far, the screen is flush. Such as mhw100 says, the �secret� is to clamp not only the top of the screen but also its side (I failed my first attempt because I only clamped the top of the screen).
    08-21-15 12:48 PM
    mhw100 fix seems to work. I used several pegs and, so far, the screen is flush. Such as mhw100 says, the �secret� is to clamp not only the top of the screen but also its side (I failed my first attempt because I only clamped the top of the screen).
    Great. Mine is still holding and hasn't budged.
    08-21-15 12:53 PM
    Somewhat amusing that people who have obviously managed to bend their phones keep referring to "the screen lift issue".

Place it face down on a flat surface. See? The frame's bent. BlackBerry didn't do that, your carrier didn't do it and 10.2/10.3.whatever didn't do it. You did it when you sat on it in a back pocket or squatted down with it in a front pocket.

Metal bends. Glass doesn't. It's not BlackBerry's fault that you didn't look after your phone and didn't buy insurance. It's not a manufacturing issue or a build quality issue or a customer service issue. It's a careless user issue. Deal with it.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    I hope there was a massive amount of sarcasm in your post.
    08-21-15 06:56 PM
    Great. Mine is still holding and hasn't budged.
    May I ask what clamp you used? Preferably with a link?

Edit: Decided to go with pegs instead. Ordered a few from Amazon and hoping to get them by tomorrow. If this doesn't fix my extremely subtle screen lift, going to do an RMA. I'm just so OCD when it comes to these things no matter how small. Although, people who aren't as OCD as I am really shouldn't go through with an exchange. You will hardly even notice the screen lift unless you feel along the edges closely.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    Last edited by tw1g_007; 08-22-15 at 01:57 AM.
    08-22-15 01:21 AM
    When it came out of the box like that?

Posted via CB10
    Of course it did. BlackBerry employees took it out of the box, bent it, put it back, resealed the box, and then sent it to you. You didn't bend it yourself by sitting on it at all. Ridiculous.

08-22-15 06:08 AM
    Of course it did. BlackBerry employees took it out of the box, bent it, put it back, resealed the box, and then sent it to you. You didn't bend it yourself by sitting on it at all. Ridiculous.

I don't have the problem myself.
    But just take a look @ one of the first hands on video's, how the keyboard edge stick out @ the point where it should seeminglesly go to the screen...

Geeeeeeeez this is getting to much 'hardcore fans'.
    Every manufracturer has such a problems so take that...
    It's not cause its BlackBerry that it is impossible.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 06:14 AM
    I don't have the problem myself.
    But just take a look @ one of the first hands on video's, how the keyboard edge stick out @ the point where it should seeminglesly go to the screen...

Geeeeeeeez this is getting to much 'hardcore fans'.
    Every manufracturer has such a problems so take that...
    It's not cause its BlackBerry that it is impossible.

Posted via CB10
    How is it a manufacturer's problem when careless users damage their products and then throw a narcissistic tantrum and go into denial about it being their own fault?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the phone frame didn't spontaneously bend itself, nor that such bending is the only way "screen lift" can possibly occur.

08-22-15 06:39 AM
    How is it a manufacturer's problem when careless users damage their products and then throw a narcissistic tantrum and go into denial about it being their own fault?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the phone frame didn't spontaneously bend itself, nor that such bending is the only way "screen lift" can possibly occur.

I seem to recall John Chen saying at the Passport Launch that the Passport could not and would not bend. To quote him "I challenge someone to try and bend the Passport." Its poor Quality Control, nothing more.
    08-22-15 07:07 AM
    As a �victim� of the issue, I have the right of reply to those that think that �victims� are �butterfingers�. In my case, it was the first thing I tested when opening the phone box because of mhw100 post: the problem was right there. Its origin is not a misuse by frame bending, but a manufacturing problem when gluing the screen (bad tooling?). In my case, I really take care of my phones and I never carry then in my pocket.
    08-22-15 07:35 AM
    I seem to recall John Chen saying at the Passport Launch that the Passport could not and would not bend. To quote him "I challenge someone to try and bend the Passport." Its poor Quality Control, nothing more.
    Did you really think it was capable of withstanding an infinite amount of pressure without deforming? Can you name a single phone or any item which can? How is this a quality control issue?

It's carelessness on the part of the user coupled with anger at oneself for cheapskating out on the insurance and a narcissistic personality disorder manifesting in inability to accept that it's squarely one's own fault and in the belief that one's obviously spurious complaints posted over and over again on internet forums will somehow hurt BlackBerry's business and exact revenge for refusing warranty service for that which is not covered by the warranty i.e. mistreatment and accidental damage. Nothing more.

08-22-15 08:43 AM
    As a �victim� of the issue, I have the right of reply to those that think that �victims� are �butterfingers�. In my case, it was the first thing I tested when opening the phone box because of mhw100 post: the problem was right there. Its origin is not a misuse by frame bending, but a manufacturing problem when gluing the screen (bad tooling?). In my case, I really take care of my phones and I never carry then in my pocket.
    So the device is flat as manufactured, and the screen is flat since it's incapable of bending, yet place them together and they curve away from each other? Lol. Of course they do.

Why are such absurd lies about BlackBerry and their products tolerated here?

LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-22-15 08:50 AM
    Did you really think it was capable of withstanding an infinite amount of pressure without deforming? Can you name a single phone or any item which can? How is this a quality control issue?

And yet, how many people have experienced this with other phones? Manufacturers have a responsibility to design goods to withstand the way they are intended to be used.

Are you suggesting that people are using their Passports differently to how they use other phones?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:05 AM

It's carelessness on the part of the user coupled with anger at oneself for cheapskating out on the insurance and a narcissistic personality disorder manifesting in inability to accept that it's squarely one's own fault and in the belief that one's obviously spurious complaints posted over and over again on internet forums will somehow hurt BlackBerry's business and exact revenge for refusing warranty service for that which is not covered by the warranty i.e. mistreatment and accidental damage. Nothing more.

Well which is it? An infinite amount of pressure or people simply putting in into their pockets?

And that's besides the point. If you're going to stand on stage like a fool, berate another manufacture for a bending phone and then have the stupidity to claim yours won't bend and actually challenge people to do it then I don't think that people should expect the Passport to bend by simply putting it in their pocket.

When the iPhone had bending issues all anyone did in here was cry foul against Apple. When a BlackBerry bends it's the users fault. Take off the fanboy glasses and get with reality. It's a manufacturing defect and Chen was a complete fool to claim it wouldn't bend because it without a doubt can.
    08-22-15 09:14 AM
    And yet, how many people have experienced this with other phones? Manufacturers have a responsibility to design goods to withstand the way they are intended to be used.

Are you suggesting that people are using their Passports differently to how they use other phones?

Posted via CB10
    He's living in a 'BlackBerry is perfect' bubble...
    Things like this do happen with massproduction (even less than 1million per Q)

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:17 AM
    by simply putting it in their pocket
    Strawman much?

08-22-15 09:23 AM
    As manufacturers design their products to be increasingly thin, the tolerance for error in manufacturing also decreases. Where Samsung operate their own facilities, and Apple have tight control over their contract manufacturers by virtue of their sheer volume and market clout, manufacturers like BlackBerry don't have their luxury. Even if the design is sound, failure to correctly execute that design can result in these types of issues, because of the increased precision demanded by such diminutive devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:25 AM
    As manufacturers design their products to be increasingly thin, the tolerance for error in manufacturing also decreases. Where Samsung operate their own facilities, and Apple have tight control over their contract manufacturers by virtue of their sheer volume and market clout, manufacturers like BlackBerry don't have their luxury. Even if the design is sound, failure to correctly execute that design can result in these types of issues, because of the increased precision demanded by such diminutive devices.

Posted via CB10
    Now that's well said.
    There is no need to dramatise this, it is a simple reality.

Nice job explaining it!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:33 AM
    Strawman much?

At least you have the common sense not to refute the rest of my statements. Good for you, you are getting better already.
    08-22-15 09:38 AM
    At least you have the common sense not to refute the rest of my statements. Good for you, you are getting better already.
    If only a fool would make the claims you attribute to Chen, what word would you use to describe one who not only believed such claims but actually based his level of care for his uninsured device on them?

08-22-15 09:49 AM
    Never mind.
    08-22-15 10:01 AM
    If only a fool would make the claims you attribute to Chen, what word would you use to describe one who not only believed such claims but actually based his level of care for his uninsured device on them?

I'd call them someone who believes what they are being told by the CEO of the company regarding one aspect of their device. And they aren't claims, they are factual statements he made. If he wouldn't have made them then it probably wouldn't be such a big deal but he obviously had no idea what he was talking about.
    08-22-15 10:20 AM
151 ... 23456 ...