Yes.

I didn't scrutinize it because I thought this was their big answer to the OG shortcomings. Should've known.

5/6 playbooks dead pixels

4/6 Q10 had double typing

1/1 OG PP double typing (sold it before any screen issues)

2/2 9900 double typing

1/1 Classic loose toolbelt

The track record is pretty abysmal for one person, and I'm not the only one.

With most companies, you usually get one device with a defect and exchange it or warranty it and the replacement is flawless. BlackBerry is the only company where your new replacement can either have the exact same problem or be worse.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Wow, i owned a lot of BlackBerry devices and did not have this problems.

Only some software issues...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 02:23 AM
    There is only 1 mm from the edge around the back side of the screen for the glue to hold on to. That is on the original, but I guess the SE is no different. With that little space, the glue could not glue very well.
    Similar was the Sony Z1, little glueing space and the screens came off after a while.
    If anyone had opened up a BB 9000 or 9700/9780, they put a piece of double size sticky tape the size of an Urgo there and kept the screens in place very well.

Posted from my Passport
    08-14-15 08:39 AM
    Mine just delivered from shopbb eu. Same problem.
    My black PP is so perfect...

Do you know if I could ask for a replacement?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 09:31 AM
    Could you post a pic of the clamp, and also report back after a day or two?
    On my third day after the clamp fix and both devices are still flush. Let's see if it holds up to some wear and tear this weekend. So far they've only been worked in a A/C office and home. I'm curious to see if the summer heat will 'unstick' them.
    08-14-15 09:35 AM
    Mine just delivered from shopbb eu. Same problem.
    My black PP is so perfect...

Do you know if I could ask for a replacement?

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't bother. It's not that big a deal you will really notice in real life usage.
    08-14-15 09:43 AM
    There is only 1 mm from the edge around the back side of the screen for the glue to hold on to. That is on the original, but I guess the SE is no different. With that little space, the glue could not glue very well.
    You do realize, that's very flawed logic. Smaller gap ≠ weaker holding power of any and all glues.
    08-14-15 10:26 AM
    Not gap, mate. I meant the space to paste the glue on the back of the screen and it is about 1 mm in width from the edge inward.

Posted from my Passport
    08-14-15 11:49 AM
    I'd like to see what kind of clamp you used

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:06 PM
    Just updated initial post. After 4 days both of the devices are still flush. Looks like a win.
    08-16-15 04:28 PM
    For those that want to, just call up BlackBerry RMA exchange line. I called, explained the slight lift issue, they got my pin and what you must ask for is an 'advance exchange'. What they'll do is sent you a replacement phone and that allows you time to transfer all data to the new phone and send the old one back in the same package. I should be getting a new Passport SE in 1-2 days. The ONLY thing I am worried about you is getting another 'lifted' SE since they are all sealed.
    08-16-15 06:28 PM
    Perfectly flush here.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:58 PM
    For those that want to, just call up BlackBerry RMA exchange line. I called, explained the slight lift issue, they got my pin and what you must ask for is an 'advance exchange'. What they'll do is sent you a replacement phone and that allows you time to transfer all data to the new phone and send the old one back in the same package. I should be getting a new Passport SE in 1-2 days. The ONLY thing I am worried about you is getting another 'lifted' SE since they are all sealed.
    exactly
    08-16-15 07:04 PM
    I didn't notice it until I saw this thread but mine is the same way.

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2339 
    08-16-15 07:47 PM
    But it's not bothering me enough to send it back. I did press down on it for a few seconds and it seemed to have stayed flush so far. I am sure that every make of every device has little flaws. I am not worried and not going to get out a magnifying glass and start picking though.

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2339 
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    08-16-15 07:49 PM
    Somewhat amusing that people who have obviously managed to bend their phones keep referring to "the screen lift issue".

Place it face down on a flat surface. See? The frame's bent. BlackBerry didn't do that, your carrier didn't do it and 10.2/10.3.whatever didn't do it. You did it when you sat on it in a back pocket or squatted down with it in a front pocket.

Metal bends. Glass doesn't. It's not BlackBerry's fault that you didn't look after your phone and didn't buy insurance. It's not a manufacturing issue or a build quality issue or a customer service issue. It's a careless user issue. Deal with it.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    08-17-15 02:58 AM
    Somewhat amusing that people who have obviously managed to bend their phones keep referring to "the screen lift issue".

Place it face down on a flat surface. See? The frame's bent. BlackBerry didn't do that, your carrier didn't do it and 10.2/10.3.whatever didn't do it. You did it when you sat on it in a back pocket or squatted down with it in a front pocket.

Metal bends. Glass doesn't. It's not BlackBerry's fault that you didn't look after your phone and didn't buy insurance. It's not a manufacturing issue or a build quality issue or a customer service issue. It's a careless user issue. Deal with it.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    When it came out of the box like that?

Posted via CB10
    Mark Griffiths likes this.
    08-17-15 04:37 AM
    Frankly, I believe many breath held to see if the SE had the same screen lift & bang here we go... I am perplexed, these devices are creating the reputation for the NEW BlackBerry & I cannot begin to express my complete amazement this & other miseries yet to emerge will be the shine BlackBerry has pud d,n their hardware... sad.

That said, & to be more useful, reports of SE screen lift should include build dates & locations & vendor to help others with their warranty cases...

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:26 AM
    When it came out of the box like that?

Posted via CB10
    That is not possible, keep in mind we are on CrackBerry talking BlackBerry. All BB devices are perfect, people who are stating there are problems are either trolls, people who want to tank the stock or simply liars. Also keep in mind to post pictures of the issues, otherwise every claim is false no matter what.

Personally I have my own share of issues with BlackBerry phones, every single one of them had to be replaced at least once. King of the hill is the BlackBerry Classic, I bought it in January and have yet to receive a working device. I keep RMA'ing them and keep getting not working phones, especially great with their fast reseller service times, just wait five to eight weeks till you get the replacement. Not a bug deal of course, since everybody has another phone to rely on!

I also stopped looking for the "perfect" BlackBerry in terms of build quality. Gaps between keyboard and screen, not aligned trays, pre-scratched parts, cracking keys, dents in frames and so on. Maybe I am cursed or something when it comes to BB, but this is by far the most unreliable brand I have ever used and yet I more or less stick with them and even thinking about getting the Silver Edition myself. Since my third Classic just got off for another RMA session and I have heavy doubts my fourth Classic will work anyways.
    08-17-15 07:23 AM
    That is not possible, keep in mind we are on CrackBerry talking BlackBerry. All BB devices are perfect, people who are stating there are problems are either trolls, people who want to tank the stock or simply liars. Also keep in mind to post pictures of the issues, otherwise every claim is false no matter what.

Personally I have my own share of issues with BlackBerry phones, every single one of them had to be replaced at least once. King of the hill is the BlackBerry Classic, I bought it in January and have yet to receive a working device. I keep RMA'ing them and keep getting not working phones, especially great with their fast reseller service times, just wait five to eight weeks till you get the replacement. Not a bug deal of course, since everybody has another phone to rely on!

I also stopped looking for the "perfect" BlackBerry in terms of build quality. Gaps between keyboard and screen, not aligned trays, pre-scratched parts, cracking keys, dents in frames and so on. Maybe I am cursed or something when it comes to BB, but this is by far the most unreliable brand I have ever used and yet I more or less stick with them and even thinking about getting the Silver Edition myself. Since my third Classic just got off for another RMA session and I have heavy doubts my fourth Classic will work anyways.
    Just curious... have you used any of the Z phones? I'm asking because they're all-touch and my parents, sister, and myself all started with Z10s without any hardware issues.

My sister and I both have the Z30 and her screen has now been replaced twice (from her misuse), mine is in perfect condition. I'm asking because there hasn't been any hardware issues with them from what we received and maybe your keyboard devices have had some defects?

I looked and played with a Classic at AT&T and it felt like a really solid device with decent build quality. Couldn't see any issues either and it was their display unit. Really interested in both the Blue Classic and SE Passport. I'm aware of some of the possible Passport issues, but didn't think the Classic had many. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also a huge BlackBerry fanboy admittedly, but I'm not anything like you wrote above. I do believe the majority of devices are perfectly fine, but there are some with defects. As a forum in general, people will post their problems. Why make a thread stating there's nothing wrong with my device?

Having said that, it seems crazy that you've been through so many Classic devices without one defect-free Classic. You even wrote that you've yet to receive a working device... I'd be curious as to what you consider a working device. It's not that I don't believe you, but it seems rare.

My personal perception from owning BlackBerry devices along with my family is that their build quality has been solid. Haven't returned a device since BB10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 09:45 AM
    Just curious... have you used any of the Z phones? I'm asking because they're all-touch and my parents, sister, and myself all started with Z10s without any hardware issues.

My sister and I both have the Z30 and her screen has now been replaced twice (from her misuse), mine is in perfect condition. I'm asking because there hasn't been any hardware issues with them from what we received and maybe your keyboard devices have had some defects?

I looked and played with a Classic at AT&T and it felt like a really solid device with decent build quality. Couldn't see any issues either and it was their display unit. Really interested in both the Blue Classic and SE Passport. I'm aware of some of the possible Passport issues, but didn't think the Classic had many. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also a huge BlackBerry fanboy admittedly, but I'm not anything like you wrote above. I do believe the majority of devices are perfectly fine, but there are some with defects. As a forum in general, people will post their problems. Why make a thread stating there's nothing wrong with my device?

Having said that, it seems crazy that you've been through so many Classic devices without one defect-free Classic. You even wrote that you've yet to receive a working device... I'd be curious as to what you consider a working device. It's not that I don't believe you, but it seems rare.

My personal perception from owning BlackBerry devices along with my family is that their build quality has been solid. Haven't returned a device since BB10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    Z10 had problems with the hardware A lot...
    Just not the screen.
    Remember the putting down the phone and reboots...loose battery...

I luckely Did not have those problems
    On my passport now and also NO hardware problems only some os problems

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 09:59 AM
    What's their RMA exchange line?

I've been emailing back and forth for 2 weeks and haven't received an RMA yet. They just keep asking questions, asking me to send them a photo, and take days to reply.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    08-17-15 10:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am usually *very* nitpicky when it comes to the build quality of my phones, considering the premium amount of money I spend for (flagship or premium) devices, I expect flawless build quality. For example my first Passport had some sort of dent on the top side of the steelframe, it was working mostly fine (although IMHO it seemed to had a reboot problem), yet that cosmetical error bothered me. I sent it back. The second Passport was better, yet the bottom of the device wasn't really flat, seemed like another (yet not as drastical) problem with the steelframe. I decided to keep it anyways.
    Yet the first Classic developed double-typing after two months, also annoying: Some keys on both toolbelt and keyboard started to creak as if the device would've already been in service for many years. I didn't even complain about the SIM and SD trays sticking out slightly. I sent it back.
    The replacement unit didn't even last six days. I got suspicious about random reboots happening once or twice per day. On the fifth or sixth day, the device had already rebooted about four times within a couple of hours, showing a red battery with an exclamation mark and an error code. Battery was busted. On older BB devices, I would've just ordered a new battery and replaced it the next day, but since the Classic welcomes us to the world of sealed batteries, this wasn't possible - had to RMA it again. That huge gap (wide enough to almost fit two business cards in) between the screen and the toolbelt was my least concern now.
    The newest unit seemed ok. I noticed pretty quick there were problems with the headphone jack and loudspeakers when I ran BBVE, which I thought were solved after a reboot. But I was wrong. I can't place any calls with that phone. Either I can't hear the caller or he can't hear me. After plugging in a headset, it usually works with using the headset, yet not always - there also is a creaking background noise. Unplugging the headset completely messes up the whole sound system. Loudspeakers stop working for any sound, the mic on the other side suddenly either starts or stops working. I have tried everything fixing this myself - to no avail. I am waiting for the return label now. Oh and I don't really want to mention the "Back" button on the toolbelt again creaks like crazy.

I call these issues problematical enough to render a device "not working" - a dead battery of course results in a dead phone. A phone which can't be used for calls (unless using a headset) isn't a phone at all. Also a keyboard device with double-typing is not much of a pleasure to use, even though it could be considered to work.

What I want to say is I can understand a lot of people here who are frustrated and kind of paranoid when it comes to BlackBerry and build quality as of late. For example I just recently sold my Passport and last week the buyer told me, a part of the BB logo on the back just fell off. I immediatly got reminded of several threads around here regarding back logos falling appart or developing "rusty" colors. I simply fail to believe now BlackBerry can deliver solid build quality. I might have bad luck with the BB devices I got so far, but unless they finally deliver something which is worth those hundreds of bucks, I simply have lost any faith in them.
    Whenever I get a new Berry now, I am actually heavily worried before even open up the box. What isn't working this time? I have to admit I got kind of paranoid myself when it comes to unboxing a new BlackBerry.

I also believe most stories here surrounding "weird" problems of build quality and BlackBerry phones. Just like that recently posted photo of a SE Passport which got damaged by using an OEM case. With my fair share of crazy BB experiences, I have no doubt this actually happened as the user stated, while others started to call out other reasons.
    08-17-15 11:18 AM
    I am usually *very* nitpicky when it comes to the build quality of my phones, considering the premium amount of money I spend for (flagship or premium) devices, I expect flawless build quality. For example my first Passport had some sort of dent on the top side of the steelframe, it was working mostly fine (although IMHO it seemed to had a reboot problem), yet that cosmetical error bothered me. I sent it back. The second Passport was better, yet the bottom of the device wasn't really flat, seemed like another (yet not as drastical) problem with the steelframe. I decided to keep it anyways.
    Yet the first Classic developed double-typing after two months, also annoying: Some keys on both toolbelt and keyboard started to creak as if the device would've already been in service for many years. I didn't even complain about the SIM and SD trays sticking out slightly. I sent it back.
    The replacement unit didn't even last six days. I got suspicious about random reboots happening once or twice per day. On the fifth or sixth day, the device had already rebooted about four times within a couple of hours, showing a red battery with an exclamation mark and an error code. Battery was busted. On older BB devices, I would've just ordered a new battery and replaced it the next day, but since the Classic welcomes us to the world of sealed batteries, this wasn't possible - had to RMA it again. That huge gap (wide enough to almost fit two business cards in) between the screen and the toolbelt was my least concern now.
    The newest unit seemed ok. I noticed pretty quick there were problems with the headphone jack and loudspeakers when I ran BBVE, which I thought were solved after a reboot. But I was wrong. I can't place any calls with that phone. Either I can't hear the caller or he can't hear me. After plugging in a headset, it usually works with using the headset, yet not always - there also is a creaking background noise. Unplugging the headset completely messes up the whole sound system. Loudspeakers stop working for any sound, the mic on the other side suddenly either starts or stops working. I have tried everything fixing this myself - to no avail. I am waiting for the return label now. Oh and I don't really want to mention the "Back" button on the toolbelt again creaks like crazy.

I call these issues problematical enough to render a device "not working" - a dead battery of course results in a dead phone. A phone which can't be used for calls (unless using a headset) isn't a phone at all. Also a keyboard device with double-typing is not much of a pleasure to use, even though it could be considered to work.

What I want to say is I can understand a lot of people here who are frustrated and kind of paranoid when it comes to BlackBerry and build quality as of late. For example I just recently sold my Passport and last week the buyer told me, a part of the BB logo on the back just fell off. I immediatly got reminded of several threads around here regarding back logos falling appart or developing "rusty" colors. I simply fail to believe now BlackBerry can deliver solid build quality. I might have bad luck with the BB devices I got so far, but unless they finally deliver something which is worth those hundreds of bucks, I simply have lost any faith in them.
    Whenever I get a new Berry now, I am actually heavily worried before even open up the box. What isn't working this time? I have to admit I got kind of paranoid myself when it comes to unboxing a new BlackBerry.

I also believe most stories here surrounding "weird" problems of build quality and BlackBerry phones. Just like that recently posted photo of a SE Passport which got damaged by using an OEM case. With my fair share of crazy BB experiences, I have no doubt this actually happened as the user stated, while others started to call out other reasons.
    Everything you wrote sounds legit to me. I'll admit when I convinced my mom to go for the Passport in the back of my head I'm praying there's no issues with it which I really shouldn't have to do. I've never received anything horrific though.

We had a BlackBerry Passport (Original) and the volume up key was a bit loose, but not an issue for me if it works fine. My sister and I actually purchased the Passport for my mom on Mother's Day and no I shouldn't have been so paranoid. It is the AT&T version of the Passport so I don't think it had as many problems reported as the original and in the end the device is rock solid.

The good thing there is if there was an issue we could have just given back to AT&T for an exchange. A bit different if ordering from DR/shopblackberry. I'll admit after reading through many threads of issues I've become a bit paranoid when opening a new device, but I haven't experienced any of the problems you or others wrote about.

My mom's AT&T Passport has had a skin on it with the BlackBerry logos exposed and she throws it around in her purse, wherever, and they are still looking like new. The screen protector is full of scratches so she's definitely not easy on it.

I was thinking that the Silver Edition Passport was meant to address many of the Original Passport issues, especially the screen lifting with the reinforced frame. Not sure what thread you are referring to with the OEM case, but that's dissapointing if true. I'll look around for it.

Worked all weekend so really haven't browsed much besides the threads I've "paricipated" in.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 11:45 AM
    Sum up well for the exact issue I found with my new Silver Passport bundle. I have returned it as it bothers me very much with the swipe down gesture.

Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier or I would try your fix prior to my return. It is a great phone otherwise just let down by such small item. Better QC please.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-15 11:08 AM
    I'm about to be on my fourth SE. The first one had a loose, creaky back panel and lifted screen under the LED. The second one had a perfectly flush screen, but the ear piece had a terrible vibration when on a call and the Sim cover was loose and misaligned. My third one has the same screen issue as the first one and the same sim cover issue as the second one. Phone calls sound good at least :s. RMA exchange in progress.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:51 PM
151 12345 ...