Some issue. But it is minor enough that I don't really mind...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    08-12-15 05:56 PM
    Mine is slightly, very slightly elevated evenly across the entire top. No issue at all. Doesn't affect performance at all. Mine is a keeper.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 06:12 PM
    I really really love the Silver Edition and was sooooo close to pulling the trigger on release day. Then again yesterday to the point that I signed into shopblackberry lol. I guess now that I've waited I have an advantage in seeing if there are any issues.

Not sure how pronounced this was. Pictures would be helpful if it was bad enough to send back. Over the years since the BB10 launch I've ordered double digit devices for myself, dad, mom, sister, best friend, etc. Everything from the Z10 to the Passport and never had a problem with any of the devices or DR. Always 2-day shipping if I choose expedited and every device blows through BBVE without issue. Also, no hardware flaws that I could see... even on the Passport.

My mother has upgraded to the AT&T version Passport that feels really solid. Since case options were limited for her, I put a Skinomi skin in carbon fiber pink on the device and it looks pretty good. Still rock solid. I steal her Passport all of the time just to play around with because it's different even being pink lol.

Anyway, I was under the assumption that BlackBerry had addressed the complaints with the redesign including screen lift by touting a stronger frame and better durability. I kinda inferred this from their statements on that. I don't think there have been any real screen lifting on the Silver Edition Passport as far as I'm aware, but just jumped into this thread today. Not sure if a slight deviation would eventually lead to this.

BlackBerry is surely aware of the issue regardless if it's been publicly stated. I doubt the redesign was so much as to use screws for the screen similar to the Z30, but this is where the reinforced steel frame comes in for better durability. I don't know. I'm still really excited about this device. It's clearly the best BlackBerry at this point. Looks are subjective, but aside from that it should be better than the original Passport in more than a few ways.

I'd be curious to know the severity?

Posted via CB10
    Good post, I was on board with the design defects of the original Passports last year. But I fully believe the uninterrupted single piece frame is right as rain this time around. Now obviously, due to the nature of the Passport's screen and dimensions it 'could' still be subject to torsion or screen lift due to heavy-duty abuse. But so far, all indicators point to a design improvement in terms of quality. No complaints from me at this point.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:58 PM
    Hey guys see the edit of my original post regarding a potential fix to the screen issue.
    08-12-15 10:06 PM
    I'll add in that I didn't notice this until I saw the thread. But I didn't thoroughly inspect it. Now that I have, I'll have to add my SE to the list of SE Passports that have this "issue".

Will probably be at my last limits as I've been dealing with poor quality Blackberrys since the Playbook...

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    08-12-15 10:17 PM
    The 'short-sellers' are out in full force!

/kidding

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-15 10:20 PM
    I'll add in that I didn't notice this until I saw the thread. But I didn't thoroughly inspect it. Now that I have, I'll have to add my SE to the list of SE Passports that have this "issue".

Will probably be at my last limits as I've been dealing with poor quality Blackberrys since the Playbook...

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Wait, so you didn't notice the issue, but since someone else brought it up and you scrutinized your device, now you've given up on BlackBerry and the device is now of poor quality?

Just stop.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-12-15 10:23 PM
    This is a real issue. Got mine on Monday and within 5 mins of checking out the phone, the left screen edge sticks out ever so slightly from the top bezel. Right side is flushed and smooth and as you roll your finger from right to left, you feel the raise. I push it down (for sure it can go down) but it rises back up once you let it go. I love my phone so much I can't bare to send it back for a replacement. Who knows how long it will take.. and the thought of setting up everything again...
    08-12-15 10:32 PM
    Silver Edition - possible issue with the screen being adequately secured?-img_20150810_132342.jpg

For sure you can't tell from this pic, but it's there.
    08-12-15 10:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150810_132342.jpg 
Views:	2178 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	366580

Good luck man.... I hope you eventually realize 42 is the answer.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:39 PM
    I don't seem to have this screen raise issue everyone keeps bringing up. If I was affected I'd do a full replacement because I'm naturally OCD and will always look at the area affected subconsciously.

 BlackBerry PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-12-15 10:56 PM
    Not sure about in SE but in original Passport, it is easy to identify the 'screen lifting' issue because you will usually have bleeding light. Just go to a darker room and see the side of your Passport screen when active...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:38 PM
    Not sure about in SE but in original Passport, it is easy to identify the 'screen lifting' issue because you will usually have bleeding light. Just go to a darker room and see the side of your Passport screen when active...

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't lift at all. Its imperceptible by eye.
    08-13-15 12:39 AM
    Good luck man.... I hope you eventually realize 42 is the answer.

Posted via CB10
    Wait, what's 42?
    08-13-15 12:50 AM
    Wait, what's 42?
    The answer to life, the universe, and everything.
    bungaboy and advbeemr like this.
    08-13-15 01:28 AM
    Wait, so you didn't notice the issue, but since someone else brought it up and you scrutinized your device, now you've given up on BlackBerry and the device is now of poor quality?

Just stop.
    Yes.

I didn't scrutinize it because I thought this was their big answer to the OG shortcomings. Should've known.

5/6 playbooks dead pixels

4/6 Q10 had double typing

1/1 OG PP double typing (sold it before any screen issues)

2/2 9900 double typing

1/1 Classic loose toolbelt

The track record is pretty abysmal for one person, and I'm not the only one.

With most companies, you usually get one device with a defect and exchange it or warranty it and the replacement is flawless. BlackBerry is the only company where your new replacement can either have the exact same problem or be worse.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    devilxvergil and double_fault like this.
    08-13-15 06:34 AM
    Yes.

I didn't scrutinize it because I thought this was their big answer to the OG shortcomings. Should've known.

2/2 9900 double typing

With most companies, you usually get one device with a defect and exchange it or warranty it and the replacement is flawless. BlackBerry is the only company where your new replacement can either have the exact same problem or be worse.

It's sort of good no one is buying their phones because it might actually put the nail in the coffin if the massess find out how poorly built their phones are.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    08-13-15 06:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150810_132342.jpg 
Views:	2178 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	366580

Are screen, sensor and led not single part?

I thougt that they are all single gorilla glass thing.
    08-13-15 09:43 AM
    Are screen, sensor and led not single part?

I thougt that they are all single gorilla glass thing.
    Nope it is not. Imagine a casing around the screen. The camera, LED and speaker is a piece that surrounds the screen all the way around to the keyboard. The screen 'may' be flushed to the speaker on some Passport SE, just not this one. You can literally do a light press and it will go down...then slowly spring back up. This is only on my left side. Waiting to hear back from ShopBlackBerry right now.
    08-13-15 10:25 AM
    Until more reports of screen lift start showing up, I'm going to say you're being a perfectionist OP.

Unless you can provide some high-quality images showing the screen lift. In that case, I'll take back my statement. Either way, I'm staying with my OG Passport.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Agreed sir ur right I just bought a PP last sat checked all this about the screen uplifting nothing not 1% difference on both the sides must say photographs are a must. Mine is the og black loving it n ppl stop damaging the company without proof as with any brands some or the other flaws are always there some negligible some prominent. I am not saying the op is lying but everything has a solution try getting one instead of hammering a brand.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 11:19 AM
    Mine too. I can feel it, but my finger is sensitive enough. But with the case on, I never ever run my finger over that corner.
    08-13-15 11:21 AM
    Yes.
    2/2 9900 double typing
    #CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Sir you are unlucky. Go play lotto or something maybe that device bad karma will balance out. I have had at least 4 BB devices, never had any faulty hardware. Hell even my Storm 2 worked after a bad drop and shattered glass.
    08-13-15 01:03 PM
    Has anyone's screen actually fallen out? Yes when I press on my top right portion of the screen it has more play but seriously I am kinda tired of obsessing about every imperfection in every device.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    08-13-15 02:05 PM
    Just wanted to say yes I am having the same problem. Might try the clamp fix and see if it works. Will say it is funny to release a device with imperfections, especially is the current model is suppose to fix the issues with the previous mod.

Chin looks like the same material as the back flap. Let's paint it, they can't tell the difference. However it is a nicer build, needs more accessories. A lot of my old passport accessories don't fit.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 07:43 PM
    Just received my second SE and note that both screens are slightly higher on the top right side of the device as compared to the top left side where it is flush with the metal strip. If you swipe down anywhere from the speaker to the extreme right you can feel a slight sharp edge of the screen. Both devices exhibit exactly the same properties and they were manufactured on different dates.

Additionally, I note that you can compress the right side of the screen to make it flush with the metal strip but the screen returns to its original higher position. I'm not sure if the screen having some 'travel' is an issue or not? Is the screen securely fastened to the device or is this going to be problem over time?

In corresponding with a couple of forum members evidently they don't have this issue and the screen is uniformly flush left to right. This is also noted in a couple of SE threads.

Its not a big issue since its not like the sharp edge of the old tool belts you could feel. Its a subtle edge on the SE and not worth returning the device. My only concern as mentioned above is if this is a fault of the screen not being fastened correctly.

Edit:
    I think I've fixed both screens. I put a clamp on the top right quadrant of screen which applied enough gentle pressure to seat the screen to be level with speaker bar and left it on there for 10 hours. Used both of them all day today and they are still flush. Fingers crossed the screens remain flush.
    Could you post a pic of the clamp, and also report back after a day or two?
    08-13-15 09:54 PM
151 1234 ...