Im wondering to get another passport and I dont know which one should I get. Im afraid that if a get the silver edition the screen will lift during the time as we all seen happening here in cb. Does all silver edition had that screen liftin problem? Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 02:36 AM
    No, there are good ones out there too. Purchase from reputable seller

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    11-12-16 02:36 AM
    No, there are good ones out there too. Purchase from reputable seller

If I would go for the silver edition I will get I new but im still concerned about it. I have had the original passport for about 6 months now and it is running perfectly and with no issues thank god. The only thing that I regret is a big stain in the back of the phone sorrounding the blackberry logo. I dont know what is that but as I read in forums here they say it can be a glue problem that during the time becomes visible. Other than that it is ok.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 02:42 AM
    Well stick with your original if you are too worried about it but if you are buying brand new, you should have a one year warranty and can always extend it. Some credit cards add an extra year of warranty as well so you should be worry free! Go for it!

11-12-16 02:46 AM
    Both are good and if can get the red one. Silver one has better sound and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 02:48 AM
    Both are good and if can get the red one. Silver one has better sound and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Its really personal preference as I like the black passport better than the others. Try them before buying if you can

11-12-16 02:55 AM
    SE

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-12-16 03:13 AM
    I have the AT&T OG and just got the Silver in July. No screen lift problem. Flawless device, and in my opinion WAY better than the OG. Its the best built device made by BlackBerry. The design is unique and gorgeous and feels like a tank in your hand.. very industrious. Also, I don't see many Passport users mention this and this is key, the keyboard on the Silver Edition is so so so so much better than the keyboard on the OG. Its just so much easier to type with, you need to use the device yourself too see.

Get the Silver man you won't regret it.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    11-12-16 04:15 AM
    I have the AT&T OG and just got the Silver in July. No screen lift problem. Flawless device, and in my opinion WAY better than the OG. Its the best built device made by BlackBerry. The design is unique and gorgeous and feels like a tank in your hand.. very industrious. Also, I don't see many Passport users mention this and this is key, the keyboard on the Silver Edition is so so so so much better than the keyboard on the OG. Its just so much easier to type with, you need to use the device yourself too see.

Get the Silver man you won't regret it.
    The AT&T version is not the OG, the OG is the OG while the AT&T one was launched later. Also, the better keyboard on the SE is mentioned practically every time someone cares to compare the different versions; on a related note, the keyboard on the AT&T one (that you have) is not the same as on the OG (that you refer to).

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 04:28 AM
    Original, Less weight and smaller, also BlackBerry logo in SE can get rust. So OG rules!

Posted via my Passport!
    11-12-16 08:30 AM
    I had the original and now the silver and I prefer the silver.

I like the materials it's made out of better, and my screen has never lifted.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 10:06 AM
    I picked the SE. No screen lift so far.
    11-12-16 10:28 AM
    Original, Less weight and smaller, also BlackBerry logo in SE can get rust. So OG rules!

Posted via my Passport!
    Can't they all? Neither are embedded in the back cover, like the 9900, Q10, Z30 are, so they're all susceptible to moisture and rust unless you use a case.

I also remember seeing threads of people with OG Passports where pieces of the logo were falling off over time. Didn't happen to me on mine, but still..

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 10:35 AM
    Go for red that's what a passport should look like

Red passport
    bigjman and AllanQuatermain like this.
    11-12-16 11:36 AM
    Can't they all? Neither are embedded in the back cover, like the 9900, Q10, Z30 are, so they're all susceptible to moisture and rust unless you use a case.

I also remember seeing threads of people with OG Passports where pieces of the logo were falling off over time. Didn't happen to me on mine, but still..

Posted via CB10
    I live in a wet place, i dont usually use a case, so my OG lives with a lot of humidity, for 8 months no signs of rust.
    SE only offers a Steel body, that's the truth. I wouldn't pay 50-100 dollars more for a mobile that only offers Steel body and is heavier and taller. But if you want to pay for that "improvement" is up to you.

Posted via my Passport!
    11-12-16 01:00 PM
    I have the silver now, I like it better because I like the flat screen, glass screen protector.
    the original has screen lifting issues as well, think it has to do with pocket tightness actually, cause ive owned both and never had screen lifting issues
    thecaringkind likes this.
    11-12-16 01:36 PM

Posted via my Passport!
    Well I used my og always with a case but I didnt like it to much cause it doesnt look so good. Now im using it without a case and compared to the rusty logo on silver edition th og has a big stain sorrounding the logo. Weird but true!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 04:15 PM
    I live in a wet place, i dont usually use a case, so my OG lives with a lot of humidity, for 8 months no signs of rust.
    SE only offers a Steel body, that's the truth. I wouldn't pay 50-100 dollars more for a mobile that only offers Steel body and is heavier and taller. But if you want to pay for that "improvement" is up to you.

Posted via my Passport!
    Sorry to burst your bubble - however it's more than just a steel body buddy.

The speakers were improved, the antennae, the camera, the frame as you noted.

The biggest key improvement though, is the ergonomics and the keyboard.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-12-16 05:33 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble - however it's more than just a steel body buddy.

The speakers were improved, the antennae, the camera, the frame as you noted.

The biggest key improvement though, is the ergonomics and the keyboard.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    It's the same camera, 13 mp 2.0 f, the keyboard is smoother and?, sorry but it costs more for nothing, no better screen resolution, no better snapdragon, no better camera, no bigger ram... it only cost 50-100 dollars more thanks to its "better" and heavier Design. I understand you love SE, but accept the reality. It's the same performance that OG

Posted via my Passport!
    11-12-16 05:46 PM
    Silver silver silver

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.836 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    11-12-16 06:41 PM
    Im wondering to get another passport and I dont know which one should I get. Im afraid that if a get the silver edition the screen will lift during the time as we all seen happening here in cb. Does all silver edition had that screen liftin problem? Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    I will suggest go for the SE device . It is good looking . The screen lifting may be issue in some devices not all. BBRY I am sure has corrected this flaw .
    11-12-16 10:35 PM
    Go for red that's what a passport should look like

Red passport
    Yeah if they had more, they sold out after 6 months in the market

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 11:01 PM
    Stop pitting one against the other. Some will like the OG, some will like the SE, it's just a matter of personal preference. They are both basically the same phone.

As for people having 'the stain' on the OG...I had it too. Just rub some toothpaste on it and clean with a damp cloth. It will go away for the time being and may keep reappearing for a few days, just rub it out. It will eventually disappear.

Posted via:  p a s s p o r t | b l a c k e d i t i o n
    bigjman likes this.
    11-13-16 09:57 AM
    11-13-16 04:44 PM
    The AT&T version is not the OG, the OG is the OG while the AT&T one was launched later. Also, the better keyboard on the SE is mentioned practically every time someone cares to compare the different versions; on a related note, the keyboard on the AT&T one (that you have) is not the same as on the OG (that you refer to).

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha. I didn't know the keyboard on the OG was different than the AT&T version.

Regardless, in my opinion, the keyboard on the SE is better. The phone in general is built and designed flawlessly.
    11-13-16 05:07 PM
44 12