Nope,its more expensive than original passport

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Really? No way man! What's the price anyway, pare?
    08-04-15 08:27 AM
    Really? No way man! What's the price anyway, pare?
    50 $ more expensive than the original passport

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    jdesignz likes this.
    08-04-15 08:32 AM
    What I'm saying is that there is no business sense in just redesigning the Passport for no reason.
    It makes perfect sense if you stop and think about it. Look around these forums and see how many of the faithful have bought numerous BB10 devices. I seen one poster claiming to have bought 3 x Z10s, 2 x Z30s and 2 x Passports the other day.

Maybe BlackBerry has finally figured out that the majority of the people who are still willing to buy their phones are the hopeless fanboys who will buy literally anything that they put out. You just wait and see how many posters here will have bought a black, red and silver Passport soon.

It is wise for BlackBerry to milk those people for what they can. Why risk resources coming out with something new that most won't buy, when they can just repackage the Passport for the same people who already own one?
    dejanh, Troy Tiscareno and bodjor like this.
    08-04-15 09:53 AM
    Would of made sense to release this a few months after the release of the original passport. Not almost an entire year. I'm just waiting on that blackberry slider running Android.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 10:05 AM
    It makes perfect sense if you stop and think about it. Look around these forums and see how many of the faithful have bought numerous BB10 devices. I seen one poster claiming to have bought 3 x Z10s, 2 x Z30s and 2 x Passports the other day.

Maybe BlackBerry has finally figured out that the majority of the people who are still willing to buy their phones are the hopeless fanboys who will buy literally anything that they put out. You just wait and see how many posters here will have bought a black, red and silver Passport soon.

It is wise for BlackBerry to milk those people for what they can. Why risk resources coming out with something new that most won't buy, when they can just repackage the Passport for the same people who already own one?
    It is very sad when only true fanboys can be milked and BlackBerry is doing that for all it's worth.
    dejanh likes this.
    08-04-15 10:54 AM
    So I was completely wrong.

To see this released now, less than a year since the Passport launch, makes no real sense. Is this meant to be an upgrade? Will all future Passport models now look as cheap and hideous as the Silver Edition? Seriously, how are all the exposed grills and holes in the top of this thing meant to be classy?

The Passport was my first BlackBerry and if they go with this awful silver design for any future devices, this Passport will probably be my last. Don't get me wrong I love the functionality of this device but there's no way I'm carrying something as ugly as this.

Honestly, it seems like BlackBerry has lost its mind. This is a pointless device released at a time when they know the device section is struggling.

They should keep the Passport as is, and focus on getting this slider right.
    dejanh likes this.
    08-04-15 01:08 PM
    So I was completely wrong.

To see this released now, less than a year since the Passport launch, makes no real sense. Is this meant to be an upgrade? Will all future Passport models now look as cheap and hideous as the Silver Edition? Seriously, how are all the exposed grills and holes in the top of this thing meant to be classy?

The Passport was my first BlackBerry and if they go with this awful silver design for any future devices, this Passport will probably be my last. Don't get me wrong I love the functionality of this device but there's no way I'm carrying something as ugly as this.

Honestly, it seems like BlackBerry has lost its mind. This is a pointless device released at a time when they know the device section is struggling.

They should keep the Passport as is, and focus on getting this slider right.
    I see quite a few people loving this design and have already bought it. Are they wrong? No, but neither are you. It's subjective.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and DarkJoker33 like this.
    08-04-15 01:19 PM

If that's the thinking, then the fanboys would buy an actually new device just the same. At least they could attract a lil new "fans". Recycling, may turn off their loyal fans who may realize they're getting "milked " and not offered anything new/improved.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 01:32 PM
    If that's the thinking, then the fanboys would buy an actually new device just the same. At least they could attract a lil new "fans". Recycling, may turn off their loyal fans who may realize they're getting "milked " and not offered anything new/improved.

Posted via CB10
    True fans will buy anything a manufacturer puts out, as long as the manufacturer's logo is on the product. Apple has its share of true fans, and is very famous of being defended by true fans during its weak years. Android, Palm, etc, they all have their shares of true fans. BlackBerry certainly has too and it would not be exaggerating too much to say they are mostly on CB forums.
    08-04-15 02:19 PM
    I see quite a few people loving this design and have already bought it. Are they wrong? No, but neither are you. It's subjective.

Posted via CB10
    Of all the Passports they've made so far, this silver one is actually the best looking one in my opinion. I dig the style of it. I'm not gonna buy one though. I'll wait a few months to see what the next repackaging of the Passport offers before picking one up.

DarkJoker33 likes this.
    08-04-15 02:25 PM
    Or, perhaps it could be a 'relaunch' of the Passport including Google Services (or running Android, whatever)
    BB10 will never qualify for Google Services, they use a fork of the Android OS which is fine but if you want Google Services your Android OS can't be forked.

IMHO its total BS Google launched Android as an Open OS they they require Google Services for the apps. About time that company was split up like ATT / Bell years ago. Same goes for Apple too IMHO.
    08-04-15 02:53 PM
    Does the silver BB Passport run on non-ATT networks?
    08-04-15 02:54 PM
    I'm not one of these people obsessed with the whole Google thing. What I'm saying is that there is no business sense in just redesigning the Passport for no reason.
    Unless they just wanted a rounded corners style Passport available for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:30 PM
    I'm not one of these people obsessed with the whole Google thing. What I'm saying is that there is no business sense in just redesigning the Passport for no reason. It makes even less sense if all these rumours about Google Services are true. Why would a company release an unnecessary phone without a feature they're about to implement shortly after?

I think it's a little rude of you to just brush this off as if I'm some sort of saddo/lunatic. This is something to think about. It really doesn't make all that much sense for them to just release a redesigned phone.
    Why not this is now the 5th Colorway for the BBP...All 5 running BB10
    08-04-15 07:06 PM
    Does the silver BB Passport run on non-ATT networks?
    SOS
    08-04-15 07:06 PM

It's simple Business 101....how many people traded in their 3 Series for the 4 Series
    Knowing...both models have Same Engine..Same Interior...Similar Exterior Body cues...
    08-04-15 07:09 PM
    I'm not one of these people obsessed with the whole Google thing. What I'm saying is that there is no business sense in just redesigning the Passport for no reason. It makes even less sense if all these rumours about Google Services are true. Why would a company release an unnecessary phone without a feature they're about to implement shortly after?

I think it's a little rude of you to just brush this off as if I'm some sort of saddo/lunatic. This is something to think about. It really doesn't make all that much sense for them to just release a redesigned phone.
    Well?
    08-04-15 07:10 PM
    I'm taking what OP said and running with it. Why? Pure mischief. Here goes:

I wouldn't be surprised if this Silver Edition is secretly set to switch over to Android when certain apps are loaded from Google Play. Jus' sayin'.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-04-15 07:15 PM
    It's simple Business 101....how many people traded in their 3 Series for the 4 Series
    Knowing...both models have Same Engine..Same Interior...Similar Exterior Body cues...
    A little different. The Passport offers something unique, but it's plagued with horrible build quality issues. This new Silver is a revision, and it hopefully will fix the quality issues (so that the Passport might last for a long while).

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:17 PM
    So sad but true. I used to the one who had all red, white, black passports. I sold all except red.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 07:19 PM
    A little different. The Passport offers something unique, but it's plagued with horrible build quality issues. This new Silver is a revision, and it hopefully will fix the quality issues (so that the Passport might last for a long while).

Posted via CB10
    I think the build quality is subjective, I owned my BBP for 3 months and
    never had a single issue.
    08-04-15 07:29 PM
    Sold my Passport a few months back and have been using a Sony since. I may consider this new one in a few weeks but will wait this time to see how it's received rather than just jumping in day one. I do miss a lot about bb10.
    08-04-15 07:47 PM
    It's a redesigned Passport man. Let it go lol. I almost feel bad you typed all that out for such a simple answer.
    Same spec as Passport now?

 Red Passport on OS 10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    08-04-15 09:23 PM

he wasn't rude, he told you what was up. fact is, he beat a lot of people to the punch who could have been nasty.

all Passports (for now) will not have google services.
    08-04-15 09:41 PM
    i heard, but cannot confirm, that they are following the same business motto as ios, and just producing the same phone, with very minor tweaks,.and saying its all new......
    08-05-15 07:09 AM
51 123