Ppl, just feel it thru your teeth, then it will tell you either it is steel or plastic. I will try mine once it arrives.

Posted via CB10
    carter17 likes this.
    08-13-15 06:02 AM
    Seems like it is. I have to brush all the silver paint on the Z30 away to eternally eliminate the scratches. Took me 8 hours though but it was worth it. Now my Z30 is all solid black

Posted via CB10
    How did you do this?
    08-13-15 06:04 AM
    It is plastic for antenna reasons, not to 'save money' on build costs. This is common among many phones. There are always going to be parts of the frame that are plastic.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:24 PM
    It is plastic for antenna reasons, not to 'save money' on build costs. This is common among many phones. There are always going to be parts of the frame that are plastic.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah...then don't design a phone where the plastic needs to be painted to look like bare metal. It's one of the worst design trends ever.

Posted via CB10
    czechberry likes this.
    08-13-15 02:46 PM
    How did you do this?
    With a used nail polisher and a piece of wet cloth.
    Remove the back door and start brushing the silver chin and edge. When the paint starts to fade, use the wet cloth to clean the area that you are working on. Go slow inch by inch to make sure to not leave any deep scratches on the brushed surface. I think that was all that I did.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 09:08 PM
    Ppl, just feel it thru your teeth, then it will tell you either it is steel or plastic. I will try mine once it arrives.

Posted via CB10
    Haha so true!!! Just tried it. Absolutely plastic.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 07:05 AM
    Never mind! Ha
    08-18-15 10:46 PM
    It is definitely plastic. See the thread by the guy who had paint chip off when he removed the flip case.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:15 PM
    I was an engineer at bolt company and we are producing stainless stell bolts and so i am the boss here

There are lots of stainless steel types. You can here it sometimes as "inox", 316, 304... Some types can be magnetic, not magnetic, less or more. The best quality stainless material are not magnetic. But it is hard to working on it so if you are working on smartphone you have to use softer stainless to ease shaping it.

And actually why do we need the best stainless material if we are not using it in the pool?
    08-19-15 06:25 AM
    The black version won't chip paint off. If the chin of the SE is the same as my Z30, the paint will chip and wear. If I get one, I may try to find a film to put over it.
    08-19-15 11:56 AM
    That is one smart looking phone...in black!!

[QUOTE=3yE;11850125]@Pcmx It looks freaking gorgeous actually.
    Attachment 366439
    09-05-15 06:59 AM
    Have anyone saw the booklet that is inside of the box? The frame clearly shows, outside parts only.. chin is plastic..

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:47 PM
    It is definitely plastic. See the thread by the guy who had paint chip off when he removed the flip case.

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed. I actually read that post and guess what, the flip case took a chunk off of mine too!... and yes I put on and remove the case working from the top square corners downward. The chunk is not from the front visible lip, it is on the 45* corner slant from the keyboard to the metal frame. Ugh!
    09-05-15 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    What a smart thing to do thank you. Glad we have some people on here that know what they are talking about. It's also cool that the human body can tell the difference

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 03:47 PM
    What a smart thing to do thank you. Glad we have some people on here that know what they are talking about. It's also cool that the human body can tell the difference

Posted via CB10
    You can literally see it is plastic by glancing at the phone. Feeling it with your fingers offers more proof. Biting with one's teeth is wholly unnecessary.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 04:14 PM
    Confirmed. I actually read that post and guess what, the flip case took a chunk off of mine too!... and yes I put on and remove the case working from the top square corners downward. The chunk is not from the front visible lip, it is on the 45* corner slant from the keyboard to the metal frame. Ugh!
    Good to know I am not alone. Sorry it happened to you too.

On the plus side, once that corner is chipped off it becomes really easy to put on and remove the cases :-/

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-05-15 04:25 PM
    Good to know I am not alone. Sorry it happened to you too.

On the plus side, once that corner is chipped off it becomes really easy to put on and remove the cases :-/

What did you end up doing? Do you still have a link to your original thread?
    09-05-15 06:17 PM
    What did you end up doing? Do you still have a link to your original thread?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1034044

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1033560

If yours is anything like mine it's barely noticeable during regular use. I just left it. What were you considering doing?

09-06-15 07:05 AM
    You can literally see it is plastic by glancing at the phone. Feeling it with your fingers offers more proof. Biting with one's teeth is wholly unnecessary.

Posted via CB10
    No one said bite it. I mean who bits there phones? If you tap the metal side with you teeth you can feel it then tap the chin and you can feel that it's not metal. How did you get biting my phone from what I said?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:10 PM
94 ... 234