Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 02:43 PM
    I can't seem to get link to transfer apps and website links? Must I reinstall all this manually?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 02:44 PM
    Backup with Link did not take care of this? You might need to set, what exactly you want the Link to backup and transfer.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:07 PM
    Select full backup at the link and all the apps setting, browser favorites etc will be backed up and then restore everything to the new passport.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    09-01-15 03:12 PM
    Or just re download apps on new phone!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 07:34 PM
    I've transferred from AT&T Passport to SE Passport and then to a second SE Passport (replacement device). The best way is through BBlink. Do a full backup. Plus, a manual backup (through apps and SD card if available) for your contacts, notes, and messaging apps (BBM - see forums, Whatsapp), etc. BBlink will save all favorites, settings, and apps configurations. Take out your SD card and put in airplane mode. When ready, go through setup on your new phone, then BBlink restore to new phone. Plug in SD card, it's going to take some time for your phone to settle down. Some light configurations (contacts, email, messages) and allow cool down overnight or so and you're done.
    09-01-15 08:57 PM
    I can't seem to get link to transfer apps and website links? Must I reinstall all this manually?

Posted via CB10
    Did you do a full back up via link prior and checked off full backup inlcuding checmarking apps and info?

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    09-01-15 09:37 PM
    reinstall apps manually or replace the mainboard from your old passport. LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:53 PM
    Got it done through BlackBerry Link, backup and restore. Surprised how long it took but all works. Just have to be patient.

I'm amazed at how much better the keyboard is! Really makes typing longer notes much easier. Also the keyboard scrolling is improved.

It may be my hype having a new device but it seems overall faster and more responsive. Anyone else have that impression.

Great deal with the Crackberry bundle!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 10:50 PM
    Insync

Please can you expand on your last post! I have a Passport with no SD card and wish to transfer to a Passport SE

If I understood you correctly - you used Link and made a full backup of your old Passport.

You then disconnected (and presumably shut down - ie turned off all radios) your old device - then attached the Passport SE and simply reloaded?

Was it really that simple??

Please can you let me know when you anged device ID - and how you made sure that your BBM data and Apps etc all moved over.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 04:33 PM
    I used device switch on BBLink..no problem at all. Takes time though

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:29 PM
    I used device switch on BBLink..no problem at all. Takes time though

Posted via CB10
    Sportline

Please can you confirm that ALL of your data (eg BBM history, settings and APPS - both Blackberry and Andoid were transferred) and all that you needed to do was to sign in to your emails accounts). ?

At what stage did you sign off your BBM from your old device and on to your new device - so as not to loose your previous conversations

Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 12:51 AM
    Link the new device to your BlackBerry Link
    Backup the old one and the same file restore it to you new device
    As for the pics copy paste

From BlackBerry with Love
    10-10-15 05:05 AM
    I used BBLINK to transfer - and everything is fine APART from my BBM messages - which did not transfer.

I switched my BBM ID to my new phone before transfer (as i read somewhere this is required) - was this a mistake!!

I have a couple of years of messages on my old phone - so would really like to have them on my new one.

Advice appreciated

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 02:12 AM
    Just use device switch it's easy just have to put same blackberry I'd on new phone to move all oe selected personal space crap.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 06:57 AM
    Just use device switch it's easy just have to put same blackberry I'd on new phone to move all oe selected personal space crap.

Posted via CB10
    Thalaka - the issue is that device switch did not pull over the BBM data. Did device switch work for you?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:22 AM
    Good thread, I wonder if there is a benefit to taking the half hour or so and starting afresh on a new phone? I know that on some OSs restoring from other devices can introduce some issues, slow devices down.

I have a replacement PP coming today and I am weighing this up myself.
    11-22-15 02:13 AM