So I previously owned a Blackberry Passport, after 2 months of using it, I decided to sell the Passport and get a Motorola Nexus 6, and that was a big mistake I made. I immediately missed my Passport after few days using the Nexus 6..

1. The BATTERY!! I just get tired to charge the Nexus 6 average every 5 hours. I just used my phone for instant messaging, surfing net, light gaming, surfing net etc., and the battery went to below 10% within 5 hours. With the Passport, it can last me till the night and I only needed to charge my phone before i went to bed.

2. The DISPLAY. Yes, the Nexus 6 has 1440 x 2560 pixels (493 ppi pixel density) screen, but the AMOLED screen makes it very hard to view under direct sunlight. The Passport 453 ppi IPS LCD has a more decent display than the Nexus 6, better vieweing angle and i had no problem to view the screen under direct sunlight as well! The square screen is also very nice to read email and doc, and surfing net.

3. the KEYBOARD. Although the Nexus 6 has the swipe keyboard, but still i get a lot of incorrect words, maybe I was not good in using the swipe keyboard. Nothing can be more accurate and fast than typing on the Passport physical keyboard!

4. The PERFORMANCE. With the Lollipop android running on the Nexus 6, backed up by the Snapdragon 805 and 3gb ram, i still notice some lags on the Nexus 6 especially when using the Phone app. The most important thing is I miss the multitasking capabilities on the Passport, the capability to minimise the app while keep the app running in the background and i could do other stuff with my Passport. The Passport with only Snapdragon 801 and 3gb run is just a beast and can run multiple tasks buttery smooth.

So after one week of using the Nexus 6, I sold it off. Guess what, I bought another Blackberry Passport, and this time, it's in white colour! The only thing I missed about the Nexus 6 is playing Clash of Clans anytime using my phone, I know that the game can be sideloaded into BB, but i don't want to start the game from the scratch. It's ok, i can still play that game on my iPad

Lastly, sorry for my bad English if you have difficulties to understand what I mentioned above
    02-08-15 09:44 AM
    Cool post man
    02-08-15 09:46 AM
    Welcome back, did you compare the camera, can you give some opinions about it? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    02-08-15 09:50 AM
    Welcome back, did you compare the camera, can you give some opinions about it? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Oh ya, camera was one of the reasons that made me jump ship to Nexus 6. The Nexus takes faster picture than Passport, but the the noise level is worse than the Passport. Although the Passport has difficulty to get focus under low light, but once it set, it take much better picture than the Nexus 6! Now i just hope the software update could make the Passport camera focuses faster.
    02-08-15 10:00 AM
    Oh ya, camera was one of the reasons that made me jump ship to Nexus 6. The Nexus takes faster picture than Passport, but the the noise level is worse than the Passport. Although the Passport has difficulty to get focus under low light, but once it set, it take much better picture than the Nexus 6! Now i just hope the software update could make the Passport camera focuses faster.
    Have you tried the Night scene in Passport camera? It took amazing picture under low light conditions

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    02-08-15 10:16 AM
    They say when you go black you never go back! Welcome back to the exclusive club!

Posted via J's Blackberry passport
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-08-15 10:40 AM
    Have you tried the Night scene in Passport camera? It took amazing picture under low light conditions

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Ya, but I have to hold the phone very still and have to make sure the object I'm taking picture on is a still object, otherwise it will produce a blur pic. But overall the passport takes awesome picture!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:46 AM
    They say when you go black you never go back! Welcome back to the exclusive club!

Posted via J's Blackberry passport
    Ya.. now I totally agreed with this one.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:47 AM
    I think both phones are great. I will say if you were only getting 5 hours with the use you described on your nexus 6 then there was something wrong with your phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-08-15 11:12 AM
    We all get that itch to jump to the other platform to see what's going on. But if you're really a BlackBerry fan you'll always come back.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:22 AM
    I had also a colleague who couldn't decide to buy a passport or not and finally he sold his Q10 and bought a Passport. After a month he sold his Passport for a HTC Phone with android. I was suprised but more suprised that he get again a Passport a few weeks later. He missed the BlackBerry OS, The HUB and he finded to use Android oldskool.
    02-08-15 11:22 AM
    If you use the Necus 6 straight like he did, it will die quickly as he stated. I bought the Nexus 6 on the day it launched, great phone. However, I've been a fan of blackberry since it launched back in the day, and will always be. I recently upgraded my Z10, and I don't regret it at all. I'm not tied into one operating system though, I've invested in all of them. Having iOS, BB, Windows, and several other operating systems I live it. A choice is what I like, so I can use a different one when I want.

We all get that itch to jump to the other platform to see what's going on. But if you're really a BlackBerry fan you'll always come back.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 12:23 PM
    Who cares about your English or grammar? It was very understandable! You know what they say, "the grass is always greener on the other side". Anyway, welcome back you prodigal son. Your happiness trumps everything else.. Enjoy.
    Umaima_B_Dia and 4everForever like this.
    02-08-15 01:10 PM
    I sold my samsung galaxy note 4 to buy a BlackBerry passport and that was the best decision I made. BlackBerry made a monster device and there is no doubt

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:45 PM
    I sold my samsung galaxy note 4 to buy a BlackBerry passport and that was the best decision I made. BlackBerry made a monster device and there is no doubt

Posted via CB10
    Did precisely the same

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:55 PM
    A well comeback!!!

RedBlackBeast�
    02-08-15 02:15 PM
    I have had the passport since the day after launch. Finally got an invite for the one plus one and picked it up to try out. Got the 64 GB version. I'm rather impressed with the device. However there is no email app anywhere close to the passport. Hub is just great! Camera on the opo is much better than the passport though. I'm sure its a software issue though as I have got some good photos with the passport. Will not be getting rid if the passport but like trying other things. The opo seems to be a great value.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-08-15 02:22 PM
    welcome back.

Posted via passport
    02-08-15 02:34 PM
    So I previously owned a Blackberry Passport, after 2 months of using it, I decided to sell the Passport and get a Motorola Nexus 6, and that was a big mistake I made. I immediately missed my Passport after few days using the Nexus 6..

1. The BATTERY!! I just get tired to charge the Nexus 6 average every 5 hours. I just used my phone for instant messaging, surfing net, light gaming, surfing net etc., and the battery went to below 10% within 5 hours. With the Passport, it can last me till the night and I only needed to charge my phone before i went to bed.

2. The DISPLAY. Yes, the Nexus 6 has 1440 x 2560 pixels (493 ppi pixel density) screen, but the AMOLED screen makes it very hard to view under direct sunlight. The Passport 453 ppi IPS LCD has a more decent display than the Nexus 6, better vieweing angle and i had no problem to view the screen under direct sunlight as well! The square screen is also very nice to read email and doc, and surfing net.

3. the KEYBOARD. Although the Nexus 6 has the swipe keyboard, but still i get a lot of incorrect words, maybe I was not good in using the swipe keyboard. Nothing can be more accurate and fast than typing on the Passport physical keyboard!

4. The PERFORMANCE. With the Lollipop android running on the Nexus 6, backed up by the Snapdragon 805 and 3gb ram, i still notice some lags on the Nexus 6 especially when using the Phone app. The most important thing is I miss the multitasking capabilities on the Passport, the capability to minimise the app while keep the app running in the background and i could do other stuff with my Passport. The Passport with only Snapdragon 801 and 3gb run is just a beast and can run multiple tasks buttery smooth.

So after one week of using the Nexus 6, I sold it off. Guess what, I bought another Blackberry Passport, and this time, it's in white colour! The only thing I missed about the Nexus 6 is playing Clash of Clans anytime using my phone, I know that the game can be sideloaded into BB, but i don't want to start the game from the scratch. It's ok, i can still play that game on my iPad

Lastly, sorry for my bad English if you have difficulties to understand what I mentioned above
    I had a Nexus 6 as well and can confirm most of these issues. The phone's definitely not lag free (has to do with the device encryption that can't be turned off. Mine also rebooted about 2-3 times per day. The keyboard can easily be replaced, however. And the N6's camera runs circles around the passport's.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 02:58 PM
    Nice post man, Thanks for sharing your experience.
    02-08-15 05:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've considered selling my Note to come back to I Blackberry. The issue I'm running into in to is I run a website and a FB page and the FB page manager doesn't seem to work on BB10. Guess I'll have to stick with my Sammy for now.
    02-08-15 06:00 PM
    I've considered selling my Note to come back to I Blackberry. The issue I'm running into in to is I run a website and a FB page and the FB page manager doesn't seem to work on BB10. Guess I'll have to stick with my Sammy for now.
    I'll trade a mint less than a month old passport for a note 4. Pm away

Posted via Passport.
    02-08-15 08:48 PM
    English is good OP. Post is well put together. Thanks for sharing that.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    02-08-15 08:51 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Enjoy.. and with OS 10.3.1 set to release next week.. should be more awesome!

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:52 PM
    Nice post......
    Which display did you like OP?
    HTC m9, samsung S6 and note edge will be launching soon....
    Sure you won't be tempted again....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-08-15 09:10 PM
30 12