Ah, so then he does have a network connection. It would only say SOS if there was a signal but no authentication with the network (they don't recognize you as a customer or have any way to bill you.) You can't make an emergency call if you have no signal. If this is the case, just try to make a free call to the provider (I think 611 is common). If the call completes,then there is a signal but there is some issue with recognizing the phone as being authenticated when signal gets low, to it defaults to emergency calls only. Really should call the provider and ask about this.
    it might not be "his" services however. It might be on AT&T's network if he is on T-mobile or vice versa. The phone "sees" A network, we don't know which one that is though.

Wished T-mobile/AT&T had easy roaming agreements like Sprint/Verizon. I'm using T-mobile and my work place has no connections while AT&T has good service. I would switch, but I like the $30 plan for 2.5gb 4G and unlimited music/call/text. I may have to switch to Cricket for AT&T once I know how much data I really use. I haven't had PP long enough to monitor data usage when I'm listening to music at gym. Anyone happen to have an estimate on how much data 1 hour streaming music and 2 hours web surfing (only web searches and forums like this, not image heavy) per day adds up to in a month, the only data calculators are just under 2gb/month, does this seem accurate to people who use similar data?
    04-29-15 08:17 PM
    You should be fine with 2gbyte per month with streaming radio and music for one hour per day.
    If you stream video, it won't be enough.
    04-29-15 10:56 PM
    I doubt it. It is the lowest I have seen. Even -72dBm is bad for good streaming.
    So the lower dbm signal you have the worse/unstable connection?

Thx

Passport 10.3.2.500
    04-30-15 02:19 AM
    Hi, had same problem, phone EE and nag them into giving you a free signal box...it connects to your wifi router and gives you a boosted 3g signal indoors, works brilliantly!
    04-30-15 02:42 AM
    Hi, had same problem, phone EE and nag them into giving you a free signal box...it connects to your wifi router and gives you a boosted 3g signal indoors, works brilliantly!
    Cheers!
    Rang EE apparently I have back coverage spots in my locality and they have agreed to send me out a signal box free of charge
    Hopefully a fix coming soon! Happy days

Passport 10.3.2.500
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-30-15 03:26 AM
    You're welcome, works brilliantly....you'll have full bars at home!

Posted via CB10
    andysan1971 likes this.
    04-30-15 03:31 AM
    it might not be "his" services however. It might be on AT&T's network if he is on T-mobile or vice versa. The phone "sees" A network, we don't know which one that is though.

Good point. Which is why he should try to make a call and see what network answers (assuming he can even make a call). You should get some audible notice that you are not a customer with (X company) or that you are being connected to customer service of your own company. I think 611 is a typical number to call to connect with them.
    04-30-15 09:15 AM
    Good point. Which is why he should try to make a call and see what network answers (assuming he can even make a call). You should get some audible notice that you are not a customer with (X company) or that you are being connected to customer service of your own company. I think 611 is a typical number to call to connect with them.
    When I get SOS I can only make calls to emergency services when it's not connected I get no signal/connection at all!

I hope the booster box from my service provider will resolve my indoors issue

Passport 10.3.2.500
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-30-15 09:26 AM
    Found out how to see which network the sos is. Change the network selection from automatic to manual. Mine did indeed show AT&T instead of T-Mobile
    04-30-15 10:20 AM
    Found out how to see which network the sos is. Change the network selection from automatic to manual. Mine did indeed show AT&T instead of T-Mobile
    Yep accessed these settings and when I am SOS my network shifts from EE to Vodafone

Thought EE had the largest / fastest service in UK - lol

Passport 10.3.2.500
    04-30-15 12:35 PM
    I have the same in my house on EE with my passport. Once the phone hasn't had a signal for a certain amount of time I have to reboot it to get a signal once outside - it obviously doesn't like it.

Posted via CB10
    I have exactly the same issue with Vodafone and my Passport. If I'm in a dead spot at home for more than a few minutes, I have to reboot to get a signal. Really frustrating.
    05-08-15 04:24 AM
    I have exactly the same issue with Vodafone and my Passport. If I'm in a dead spot at home for more than a few minutes, I have to reboot to get a signal. Really frustrating.
    Interesting the Iphone devices at home, also on EE have a signal but my passport drops it's signal often, then again if I go upstairs I pick up 4G signal but downstairs SOS!

Hope signal box when it delivers fixes route cause, one can hope at Least

Passport 10.3.2.500
    05-08-15 12:31 PM
    All sorted?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 07:35 AM
    I only can compare it to my q10... and the signal strength of the q10 is far better than that on the passport

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 11:04 AM
39 12