Does anyone have problem with the signal on Passport?
    This morning I came to T-mobile store to get a nano sim for my Passport. After activated, my Passport still "SIM not dectected". Then I tried that sim on my iPhone 5s and it worked. Then I tried another sim card from T-mobile, and it worked on my Passport. I don't know why my nano sim card worked on other phone but didn't work on my Passport. And I don't know why my Passport worked with another sim card but not the new one I got.
    then I came to T-mobile store and replaced the sim card to take the new one. Now, it worked on my Passport but when I came home, it still "SIM not detected". I took out then put the sim card again and I had signal. Many times the Passport doesn't get the signal of the sim card, I have to take the sim out for a while and plug it in later. Is it phone problem or OS problem?
    10-25-14 05:36 PM
    Not sure if this is related but I have bad some pretty bad signal problems not only with the Passport, but with the Q10 and Z10.

I've called so many times, gotten a new sim and etc. The problem is still better now but it sucks. My friends windows phone and my old S4 always had signal, even if it was 2g. And these were in the same areas I had issues with. The T-Mobile rep said he could upgrade me to the BlackBerry data plan (not sure what that even means) but I wasn't sure it would do anything.

Today I switched the sims of my gf and mine in our phones and still had the issue with my sim. We both have T-Mobile.

I'm not sure but I think this is a T-Mobile problem. Often times I see a red X and "searching for network" and then it finds something. Sometimes it says AT&T instead of T-Mobile. I really don't know what to do anymore.
    10-25-14 05:48 PM

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-25-14 05:48 PM
    I know in Canada on certain networks (looking at you Bell) you must pay a BlackBerry activation network fee...not sure what that is exactly but data doesn't work and network access is limited if you don't.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    10-25-14 05:53 PM
    I haven't had any SIM issues with my Passport but the signal on it is not great compared to my other devices. I was expecting Z30-like signal on this thing. My Z30 is awesome, although not quite as good as it was on 10.2.1. But I hold back from complaining since I'm using a leaked 10.3 OS on that.

However, being on an official build of 10.3 on my Passport it bothers me. I don't get LTE in the same spots as I normally do, and it takes longer to switch from one type of connection to another than my other devices. Perhaps it is an issue with T-Mobile. I still love this device, but it is a bit disheartening. I'm hoping future updates will address these issues.

Posted via CB10/Passport
    10-25-14 06:26 PM
    I had this issue for hours yesterday. Also I have a very poor signal connection compared to my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:28 PM
    In around ten years of BlackBerrys, I have had a couple of SIM errors that corrected and one SIM failure. I assume on the BlackBerry you removed the SIM and rinserted it, making certain it is seated. If you haven't done that when you get an error, then do it. But if after that the SIM still throws an error but works ok in another device, then I suspect your device.
    10-25-14 06:36 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and just got a Passport as well and have yet to see any signal issues where I live. It's been consistently on 4G LTE whereas on my Z10, it would often switch between 4G and 4G LTE. Now the real test for me will be Monday when I get back out into the field, where I expect the signals to not really be any different than usual.
    10-25-14 06:55 PM
    This is quite strange.

I have been having a few minor issues with the signal too on my Passport, mainly at my home.

I am on Vodafone in Australia, and sometimes the signal changes from 3.5G to 3G but data or voice wont work. It has happened a few times, and was thinking it may be the network, but then it might be the actual sim.

I unfortunately don't have another phone that uses a nano sim to try the sim card in, hopefully its only intermittent networking issues around my area.
    10-25-14 10:12 PM
    Where are you guys? I'm on Rogers in the Great white North and Never had a call drop in a year. Friends on their iphones drop all the time. Never a radio issue here on my passport or my z30

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-25-14 10:21 PM
    Where are you guys? I'm on Rogers in the Great white North and Never had a call drop in a year. Friends on their iphones drop all the time. Never a radio issue here on my passport or my z30

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    I think maybe those carriers in US do not have Passport in their supporting devices (except AT&T in early 2015) so when you plug in sim card into Z30 or Passport the carriers will know it as unknown device and do not support as well as other device.
    Now my Passport is good with T-mobile after many issues with the signal. My Z30 works perfectly on signal and always on 4GLTE. I hope my Passport will be like that.
    10-25-14 11:13 PM
    The SIM Card wasn't detected problem isn't about the Signal. Its basically the phone detect cannot detect any SIM Card.

I do have this issue also. Its annoying. When this happens, I basically just remove and put the sim card back. Sometimes I will need to a few more times

- Charles
    10-27-14 03:21 AM
    Try these two things first and report back.

1. Go to network and change network mode to 4G & 3G & 2G (The default for the phone is 4G & 3G only)
    2. If that doesn't work go Network selection mode and select manual, wait for the choice of network to come up and select Tmobile.
    10-27-14 03:54 AM
    I had the same problem with mine. I have T-Mobile and the Blackberry Passport can't find sim card. When at the store the guy even tried another one as well.
    10-27-14 07:36 PM
    The 'signal thing' (i.e.reception strength) is a weird one in general. Hit or miss. My wife has an iPhone 6. There are times when she gets LTE for example and I'm on 3G, then vice versa. It depends on time of day, the actual network stability, and obviously location. We are both on the same network (Telus).
    My experience in general is for 85% of the time, I get solid and reliable signal strenght. The other 15% is due to location (garages, malls, basements, tunnels, etc.....).
    10-27-14 08:10 PM
    Does anyone have problem with the signal on Passport?
    This morning I came to T-mobile store to get a nano sim for my Passport. After activated, my Passport still "SIM not dectected". Then I tried that sim on my iPhone 5s and it worked. Then I tried another sim card from T-mobile, and it worked on my Passport. I don't know why my nano sim card worked on other phone but didn't work on my Passport. And I don't know why my Passport worked with another sim card but not the new one I got.
    then I came to T-mobile store and replaced the sim card to take the new one. Now, it worked on my Passport but when I came home, it still "SIM not detected". I took out then put the sim card again and I had signal. Many times the Passport doesn't get the signal of the sim card, I have to take the sim out for a while and plug it in later. Is it phone problem or OS problem?
    yea that is t mobile for you they don't like blackberrys .........................lol
    10-28-14 01:32 AM
    The SIM Card wasn't detected problem isn't about the Signal. Its basically the phone detect cannot detect any SIM Card.

I do have this issue also. Its annoying. When this happens, I basically just remove and put the sim card back. Sometimes I will need to a few more times

- Charles
    I've never had these issues ever!? Do ou think there is a manufacturers defect in the SIM tray??

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-28-14 02:12 AM
    I've never had these issues ever!? Do ou think there is a manufacturers defect in the SIM tray??

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    it maybe more to do with T-Mobile than your phone you need to try a diff sim from a diff phone company to see if it works and if it does then you will then know if its your phone or T-Mobile
    10-28-14 07:33 AM
    I used to love t-Mobile, but right now they don't support blackberry, so it might be a little imperfect. Sprint is even worse with blackberry integration on their network.

Go to AT&T and get a prepaid sim for cheap. Their prices have come down a lot to be competitive with the $50-60 iphone plans on sprint and t-mobile. My passport works amazing on AT&T in the boston area. The only time I don't see the LTE logo is when the WiFi logo replaces it!
    10-28-14 07:45 AM

- Charles
    I had the same problem with mine. I have T-Mobile and the Blackberry Passport can't find sim card. When at the store the guy even tried another one as well.
    Yes but I cannot take the sim card out and put it in again for hundred times. I think this may cause by the device, maybe I will try by another sim card.

Try these two things first and report back.

1. Go to network and change network mode to 4G & 3G & 2G (The default for the phone is 4G & 3G only)
    2. If that doesn't work go Network selection mode and select manual, wait for the choice of network to come up and select Tmobile.
    But when the sim card not detected, you cannot choose anything in network mode or Network selection. There is nothing in the Mobile Network. It looks like your device is locked by carrier and you put sim card from another carrier. But my device is unlocked and it still "SIM not detected"
    10-28-14 04:32 PM
    After talking to the T-mobile store, Blackberry Support, and T-mobile 1800#, they all said will have to return it. Because they are out of stock I will have to wait a couple of week but it will be nice to get another and see it work. I have a Z10 and never had a problem with the signal or anything with T-mobile. I really don't think it's on their side.
    10-28-14 05:16 PM
    After talking to the T-mobile store, Blackberry Support, and T-mobile 1800#, they all said will have to return it. Because they are out of stock I will have to wait a couple of week but it will be nice to get another and see it work. I have a Z10 and never had a problem with the signal or anything with T-mobile. I really don't think it's on their side.
    Did you try another sim card? The first sim card I tried, the phone could not detect the sim card. The second sim card I tried, the phone took the signal right after I plugged the sim in but later the phone could not detect it again. Tomorrow I will try another sim card. Just buy it for $10 for a sim card rather return the phone, I think.
    10-28-14 11:07 PM
    My partner recently upgraded from a Q10 to a Passport (both on the Bell network in Canada). In the two weeks she has had the Passport she has experienced a couple of dropped calls per day (confirmed by Bell tech support as being due to poor signal) whereas on the Q10 in an identical environment she never experienced dropped calls.

On her ferry commute where she had solid connectivity on the Q10 she is rarely able to connect on the Passport. Curious we both installed Signal Tracker on her Passport and on my Telus Z30. My Z30 consistently averages better power readings (some days as much as 8-10 dBm) and hangs onto LTE where the Passport is on and off. Telus and Bell share towers at our location so I would not have expected such differences. D/L speeds are also significantly faster (almost 3x faster today) on the Z30 though as I've mentioned elsewhere this could well be due to network tuning (I had heard from others that Bell is now running faster than Telus on LTE but of course that is going to be location dependent).

I'm guessing (hoping!) that the problem is software related. This seems plausible since occasionally the Passport performance matches that of the Z30. Having said all that when the signal is good, the call quality is very good too. The problem is really the dropped calls and the inability to use the phone is the very marginal areas that my Z30 and the old Q10 performed well in.
    12-21-14 08:07 PM
    i have the same issue. i also have a passport and the celluar signal is significantly lower than with my z30, always losing and regaining signal.
    03-28-15 01:30 PM
    I'm so glad that a lot of more people have been going through the same problem with the Passport's signal. I mean, just happy I'm not the only one that has had a bad experience with the signal. I got to say it's a complete turn off that the signal sucks so bad on the Passport. I had to return it because it was that big of a difference. I have a Classic and the signal on this thing is incredible. LTE left and right. Even when it's on 4G it plays YouTube videos without buffering. Just amazing. I used to have the Red Passport. Not sure which ones you guys have. The Only reason why I bring this up is because the blackberry passport silver edition just came out and I'm interested in buying it. But im hoping the antenna or whatever was messing it up got fixed. But if It's the same as the regular one I wont even waste my time. I'll stick to my Classic.
    08-05-15 08:03 AM
97 123 ...