I just ordered a Surface case and Holster Combo from the CrackBerry Canada store. They are on sale at $59 and you can save a bit more if you use the discount code for the Christmas sale at the store.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 10:59 AM
    I wish the discounted code was available earlier. Anyhow mine, just the case should be delivered any day now.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    12-16-14 11:44 AM
    Haha wow...wives and BlackBerry are scary! A few years ago my wife through her Tour. Wasn't intended for me but her aim is terrible. Hit me in the eyebrow and cut me open pretty good. (I deserved it)
    She felt sorry about it and got me $150 gift card to CT. Totally worth it!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    I should get a Surface case for my Z10 as I'm passing it to my wife when I get my Passport...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    12-16-14 12:36 PM
    My Wife once threw (in anger) her Q10 (protected in the equivalent Seidio case) at me from the top of the stairs down to the first floor,.. hit a table, wall, floor, another wall (everything, except me)... Not a single mark, and the case didn't even budge.

Posted via CB10
    Haha wow...wives and BlackBerry are scary! A few years ago my wife through her Tour. Wasn't intended for me but her aim is terrible. Hit me in the eyebrow and cut me open pretty good. (I deserved it)
    She felt sorry about it and got me $150 gift card to CT. Totally worth it!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    I hope, for the safety of both of you, that you never get your wives' a Passport. It's big enough it makes your intended target rather small, and heavy enough that it will knock your arse out. LOL
    vpblaze likes this.
    12-16-14 12:42 PM
    I ordered the spring clip holster - no case for me. I want to show off my Whiteberry Passport. :-)
    GeoK likes this.
    12-16-14 12:47 PM
    I just bought the case and have to say that I really like it. My only issue is that it's slightly less "grippy" than the back of the actual Passport, and therefore adds a little extra complexity into holding an already large and awkward phone. I'm hoping that the residue on the back does wear a little allowing for a little more grip. But, overall, the case is enough so that if I ever drop the phone, I feel confident it will be fully protected. And, of course, the holster would prevent me dropping it though it looks like I am wearing a shield on my hip.
    I would think that the texture on the case will wear smooth not wear to the point that it has more texture.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:16 PM
    Yes, I agree.
    that would be a lot of wear in fact, over a lot of time.
    But it would just go smooth.

I would think that the texture on the case will wear smooth not wear to the point that it has more texture.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I agree.
    that would be a lot of wear in fact, over a lot of time.
    But it would just go smooth.
    Well, it has a velvety-like feel to it. Almost feels like rubber.. If a thin layer of "smoothness" wears, it might become more "grippy" much like the bottom of a pair of high-top basketball shoes do after they've been broken in on the court.

I don't know, it's hard to explain. It's a foreign feeling for me when it comes to cases though.

One more note about the Combo - It is a bit of a challenge getting the phone/case back into the holster at times. I realize though, that's acceptable having peace of mind to know it's not likely going to fall out at any time.
    12-16-14 03:44 PM
    Wow. Mine goes on just as easy as the one in the video.
    Great strong clip.

When the Passport is in the holster is that sleep mode?
    or just screen off mode?

[QUOTE=seidioseidio;11166670]Sorry to hear that you had trouble removing your SURFACE case. Below is a quick look at removal instructions to hopefully help with taking off the case./QUOTE]
    geekaren likes this.
    12-16-14 04:41 PM
    Wow. Mine goes on just as easy as the one in the video.
    Great strong clip.

When the Passport is in the holster is that sleep mode?
    or just screen off mode?
    Sleep mode due to the magnet that Seidio installs.
    12-16-14 08:10 PM
    Anyone have this in their possession yet? I'd love to see some real photos of the case.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:26 PM
    Nice photos Animal.
    You need the regular one which goes on the naked Passport.
    I'll just add one here:
    Attachment 321029
    It's pretty much the same construction as the Q10's seidio surface case. Rubberized outer surface, but rigid/solid structure (i.e. NOT tpu/gel).

Attachment 320565

Attachment 320566

Posted via CB10

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-16-14 08:30 PM
    Got mine finally! First impression, it adds more heft than the TPU I have been using . My phone feels a bit wider and definitely heavier. It also is less grippy but not by much. With a very little time I have with the new case, I feel using the phone with one hand to be more difficult. I believe it has to do with the added weight and the tiny increased in width. I hope that I can get used to it quickly.

Even though I like the overall look of the phone with this case, I may go back to my TPU clear gel for easier use.

If I have time, I will take a few photos to share with you all.

Cheers

12-16-14 08:37 PM
    12-16-14 08:49 PM
    Modified mine with a $4.99 mouse pad from Staples and double sided fabric tape.

Fits nicely with the BlackBerry hardshell case, and the mouse pad cut out can be removed if I want to use it with the Seidio case to get more protection.

I wonder why Seidio hasn't considered doing something like that.

Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_20141216_233251.jpg

Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_20141216_233323.jpg

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    12-16-14 11:12 PM
    nice.... does the pad hinder the magnet functionality on the PP?

Fits nicely with the BlackBerry hardshell case, and the mouse pad cut out can be removed if I want to use it with the Seidio case to get more protection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141216_233251.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	321235

Name:	IMG_20141216_233323.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	321234

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:41 AM
    Got mine finally! First impression, it adds more heft than the TPU I have been using . My phone feels a bit wider and definitely heavier. It also is less grippy but not by much. With a very little time I have with the new case, I feel using the phone with one hand to be more difficult. I believe it has to do with the added weight and the tiny increased in width. I hope that I can get used to it quickly.

Even though I like the overall look of the phone with this case, I may go back to my TPU clear gel for easier use.

If I have time, I will take a few photos to share with you all.

Cheers

Thanks for the review. Convinced me to stick with my OEM snap cover for awhile longer.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:58 AM
    nice.... does the pad hinder the magnet functionality on the PP?
    Nope, works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:26 AM
    They have. There is a case that fits the naked phone. It might even fit with the oem hard case. I'll let you know when my order comes in.

Name:	IMG_20141216_233251.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	321235

Name:	IMG_20141216_233323.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	321234

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 07:48 AM
    They have. There is a case that fits the naked phone. It might even fit with the oem hard case. I'll let you know when my order comes in.
    I meant a "dual" or "convert" holster product that allows you to switch between a "case-protected" device and a "naked" device, by simply putting in a spacer insert (i.e. My mousepad insert). It could be done using some sort of velcro material to make it easily removable and re-attachable.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:01 AM
    What you created is not a bad idea.
    But with hard plastic, it would be difficult to have the dual type holster you were think of.

I meant a "dual" or "convert" holster product that allows you to switch between a "case-protected" device and a "naked" device, by simply putting in a spacer insert (i.e. My mousepad insert). It could be done using some sort of velcro material to make it easily removable and re-attachable.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:37 PM
    It is amazing a few mm and gram can make a big different. To be a little bit clearer, with my old clear TPU gel case, I am able to easily reach the bottom end right corner with my thumb without feeling like loosing a grip of my phone. With this new Seidio case, that is not the case anymore. Anyway, the more I look at my PP with this case, the more I like it. Hopefully, within a week, my hands muscle memory will do the magic and I don't have to go back to the TPU gel case.

I expect that the added width and thickness of your hardshell case and this Seido Surface case to be just the same. If you are comfortable with your case, I think that Seidio case should work out for you. My experience is that our body and mind will get used to the weight easily unlike something that it too wide or too thick to hold.

Cheers

Thanks for the review. Convinced me to stick with my OEM snap cover for awhile longer.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:43 PM
    well, if someone is interested, i put my case (not the holster) on sale, nothing wrong with it but i prefer the OEM hard shell, here is the link to the post

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...o-case-983891/
    12-17-14 03:33 PM
    gallopiton: I think I agree with you!
    It's a great case with the holster. But I prefer the slim-ness of the oem hard case.
    My Seidio just arrived and will try it this weekend.

well, if someone is interested, i put my case (not the holster) on sale, nothing wrong with it but i prefer the OEM hard shell, here is the link to the post

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...o-case-983891/
    12-17-14 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree the OEM snap cover with the electrical tape mod to protect the top bezel is still the best option imo

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 03:57 PM
143 ... 3456