Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_20141213_165724.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 03:58 PM
    Any actual pics of the surface case?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-13-14 04:25 PM
    Any actual pics of the surface case?

It's pretty much the same construction as the Q10's seidio surface case. Rubberized outer surface, but rigid/solid structure (i.e. NOT tpu/gel).

Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_20141213_175253.jpg

Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_20141213_175324.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 04:55 PM
    Now that someone has it in hand, what is the case made from, it's not gel right?

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    Has a slight rubber feel like the back of the phone. So not like the cheap gel cases/covers. Still a little big, but better to my carrying habits than the tetded flip case.

I still may buy an official holster and see if naked suits me.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-13-14 05:16 PM
    I don't have the chance to take pics at the moment, but I can give some first impressions... the holster is sturdy, solid... the clip at top to hold the phone and for the belt are strong and well done, won't fall apart easily... and as some have posted, you can use other cases instead of the stock one... I have the hard shell and the amzer and both can be easily used in the holster... the phone on the hard shell is a bit loose since is slimmer than the stock case but no chance for the phone to fall off the holster... the amzer is a perfect fit... actually, I like the amzer over the seidio case... however, nothing wrong with the stock case that comes with the holster, just a personal preference... once I make a decision I will put on sale the discarded one (seidio or amzer)

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:54 PM
    Hey those are great photos.
    What you need is the Seidio case for a naked passport.
    That will fit well.
    I am ordering one and will see how that will be.

So, finally got mine... tried it with the OEM hard shell and, while it stays in there,.. there is definitely a pretty big difference in thickness, so the Passport rattles around a bit.

I'll have to see if I can modify the holster a bit by adding some layers of fabric (or a piece of mouse pad). I really want to keep using the hardshell!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:16 PM
    It's pretty much the same construction as the Q10's seidio surface case. Rubberized outer surface, but rigid/solid structure (i.e. NOT tpu/gel).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141213_175253.jpg 
Views:	1504 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	320565

Name:	IMG_20141213_175324.jpg 
Views:	1503 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	320566

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm looking for. I'm definitely buying it then...but I'll pass on the holster. Just waiting for it to arrive in the crackberry canadian store

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    sam81 likes this.
    12-13-14 09:19 PM
    The real question at this point is not so much the sturdiness of the case, but how you are gonna wear it? How often? Give it a few days and see how you are liking it?
    See, it is a bigger phone...kinda square and that might be an awkward feel for some at first.

See, I often wore my oem case with my previous blackberries inside my front pocket, so that just the clip was on the outside. I know a bit odd, but it provided more security for the places I needed to travel.
    On top of that, easier to feel the vibration when the phone rung in vibrate.
    Hung on the belt, it got hung up on the car door, seat or seat belt. And a few corners as well on a desk or two; or a display case, or something.

Let's give it a few days and see what everyone says of their experience.
    12-13-14 09:28 PM
    For what it's worth I have the Seidio Surface case and holster for my Z10. I bought it specifically for the sleep function as none of the others I had bought had the magnet. I truly love this case/holster combo and if the PP one is anything like the Z's you guys will not be disappointed.
    12-13-14 09:39 PM
    Don't roll your eyes too hard, but just realized that...

Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_20141213_230457.jpg

Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_20141213_230410.jpg

Yeah... lol

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and geekaren like this.
    12-13-14 10:06 PM

Name:	IMG_20141213_230457.jpg 
Views:	1987 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	320618

Name:	IMG_20141213_230410.jpg 
Views:	1985 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	320619

Yeah... lol

Posted via CB10
    Makes it easy to make a joke when you accidentally hand over your phone at the airport: "But this is my passport!"

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-14-14 01:48 PM

Name:	IMG_20141213_230457.jpg 
Views:	1987 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	320618

Name:	IMG_20141213_230410.jpg 
Views:	1985 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	320619

Yeah... lol

Posted via CB10
    My neighbor heard me shake my head, and came over to check on me.
    AnimalPak200 and grover5 like this.
    12-14-14 01:58 PM
    Nice photos Animal.
    You need the regular one which goes on the naked Passport.
    I'll just add one here:
    Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_2036.jpg

then add this one too. A possible way to carry the Passport with the Sedio Surface Combo case.
    Siedio Passport holster finally here!-img_2048.jpg
    Last edited by GeoK; 12-15-14 at 10:08 PM.
    nah.uhh and geekaren like this.
    12-15-14 09:57 PM
    Nice photos Animal.
    Mind posting a pic of the phone in the case

12-15-14 10:26 PM
    Mind posting a pic of the phone in the case

Yeah I'd love to see some more photos of this.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:37 PM
    I tried in the case,.. does add a bit of bulk, and boy is it hard to remove! I'll save it for when I'm planning on doing something that may call for more protection.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:31 AM
    Nice photos Animal.
    I don't think they sell a holster for the naked Passport yet, do they?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:32 AM
    I don't think they sell a holster for the naked Passport yet, do they?

Posted via CB10
    This holster is designed exclusively for a "naked" device and is not guaranteed to be compatible with other manufacturer's products.
    - Spring clip lifts for easy access and removal
    - Felt liner and face-in design protect the screen
    - Rotating swivel belt-clip with choice of seven positions
    - Magnet in holster enables BlackBerry sleeper function
    - For use with bare device
    http://www.seidioonline.com/blackber...p/hlbbppas.htm
    http://shop.mobilenations.com/seidio...4A24A19817.htm

The SURFACE� holster is designed to pair with the SURFACE� case. The holster is felt-lined and features a face-in design to protect your BlackBerry Passport when carried.
    - For use with SURFACE� Case only (not included)
    - Felt-lined holster with face-in design keeps your BlackBerry Passport safe
    - Top clip allows for easy access and belt-clip swivels in up to seven directions
    - Magnet in holster enables BlackBerry sleeper function
    http://www.seidioonline.com/blackber.../hlbbppasc.htm
    http://shop.mobilenations.com/seidio...4A24A19821.htm

GeoK likes this.
    12-16-14 01:45 AM
    I tried in the case,.. does add a bit of bulk, and boy is it hard to remove! I'll save it for when I'm planning on doing something that may call for more protection.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that you had trouble removing your SURFACE case. Below is a quick look at removal instructions to hopefully help with taking off the case. (Starts at 0:29)

12-16-14 08:32 AM
    The one thing that I wish the holster was capable of doing is to hold the phone with the screen facing out.

This way I could use it as a mount for the phone in the car.

But other than that it is great. The sides do not effect the keys.

The Storm cases covered too much of the area next to the screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:36 AM
    Here you go...

doxa sub750T and GeoK like this.
    12-16-14 09:09 AM
    I just bought the case and have to say that I really like it. My only issue is that it's slightly less "grippy" than the back of the actual Passport, and therefore adds a little extra complexity into holding an already large and awkward phone. I'm hoping that the residue on the back does wear a little allowing for a little more grip. But, overall, the case is enough so that if I ever drop the phone, I feel confident it will be fully protected. And, of course, the holster would prevent me dropping it though it looks like I am wearing a shield on my hip.
    GeoK likes this.
    12-16-14 09:12 AM
    Sorry to hear that you had trouble removing your SURFACE case. Below is a quick look at removal instructions to hopefully help with taking off the case. (Starts at 0:29)

Thanks for the video! I guess the issue is that the Passport's back curves out right around the location in which the center tab/latch on the Seidio case is supposed to be depressed, and since the back of the Passport is so grippy (unlike most other smartphones with slippery materials), it becomes quite challenging to press down on the cover AND also slide it down against the grippy back material.

Nevertheless it's still a very solid case, and if you don't remove your device out of the case regularly (which most of us don't since we don't have removable batteries anymore), then this shouldn't be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:50 AM
    I just bought the case and have to say that I really like it. My only issue is that it's slightly less "grippy" than the back of the actual Passport, and therefore adds a little extra complexity into holding an already large and awkward phone. I'm hoping that the residue on the back does wear a little allowing for a little more grip. But, overall, the case is enough so that if I ever drop the phone, I feel confident it will be fully protected. And, of course, the holster would prevent me dropping it though it looks like I am wearing a shield on my hip.
    My Wife once threw (in anger) her Q10 (protected in the equivalent Seidio case) at me from the top of the stairs down to the first floor,.. hit a table, wall, floor, another wall (everything, except me)... Not a single mark, and the case didn't even budge.

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    12-16-14 09:54 AM
    My Wife once threw (in anger) her Q10 (protected in the equivalent Seidio case) at me from the top of the stairs down to the first floor,.. hit a table, wall, floor, another wall (everything, except me)... Not a single mark, and the case didn't even budge.

Posted via CB10
    Haha wow...wives and BlackBerry are scary! A few years ago my wife through her Tour. Wasn't intended for me but her aim is terrible. Hit me in the eyebrow and cut me open pretty good. (I deserved it)
    She felt sorry about it and got me $150 gift card to CT. Totally worth it!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    12-16-14 10:45 AM
143 ... 23456