Hi gang

So I have my factory unlocked OG running great with all 4 app stores loaded up. Everything works fine save a couple of Google Services dependent apps which aren't a big deal for me however I learned that the OG does not support VOIP but it does support VOLTE which is active on T-Mobile's network. Under settings 'Enhanced LTE Services (VoLTE) is shown as an option just 'disconnected '. Does anyone know of an app or workaround solution for this? Apparently it's not available because factory unlocked devices on T-Mobile's network are not 'T-Mobile branded' and the feature is not activated.

Thanks for everyone's input in advance!
    11-25-16 12:08 PM
    I believe you can download an OS to get it working.
    11-25-16 03:58 PM
    Download an operating system? What the what?
    11-25-16 04:00 PM
    Download an operating system? What the what?
    Yeah, it requires patience and above average computer skills, I'd say.

I used to do it too, but no longer have a Windows computer, which is what works best to run an autoloader.

I've asked t-mobile about this feature, because my Classic from Shop BlackBerry has it too, but in their notes, it does mention that Passports don't support that feature on their network, so apparently I wasn't the first person calling in about it. I've resigned myself to the fact that it'll never happen, and I'm not going to run an autoloader on my Passport just to get it or WiFi calling.

Running the autloader will wipe your phone entirely, so if you do go down that road, do a backup first.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 04:08 PM
    Hey thanks for the heads up! It's not a deal breaker for me by any means just really annoying. It's all good. My Passport OG is running really well and I'm gonna keep rockin it.
    11-25-16 04:15 PM
    I would ask yourself is VoLTE needed?
    I have a passport, but I also have a high end Android. I always turn off VoLTE on my Android phone because VoLTE is not reliable like 4G calls. And I dont use network data enough while on a call.
    11-25-16 11:56 PM
    It comes in handy when I am in poor coverage areas on the T-Mobile network, that way I can fall back on WiFi for voice calls and text.
    11-26-16 01:23 AM
    It comes in handy when I am in poor coverage areas on the T-Mobile network, that way I can fall back on WiFi for voice calls and text.
    So your looking for Wi-Fi calling, not VoLTE.

VoLTE is voice on LTE, or also known as voice on 4G LTE.
    11-26-16 02:22 AM
    I've read in another thread that you need to replace via Sachesi the radio file and that helps, you'll need to search that instructions in the forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 02:58 PM
    Thanks guys. Again, not a deal breaker and so far I have been able to get by without VoLTE.
    11-27-16 05:35 AM