Blackberry passport I always love design but some how could not buy .. until now but should I buy passport now for 200 $. Can I use it as primary device or it will become my next tablet ? Or dead investment.. ??
    11-04-16 02:23 AM
    Are you getting a brand new passport for 200 dollars? Kindly mention your country!
    11-04-16 02:33 AM
    Price is great! Personally, I love the device.
    No, not as tablet.
    So I guess it depends what you want to be able to do.
    11-04-16 08:46 AM
    I agree...If you're using it for business productivity then yes, but if you're planning to use it for a lot of apps then make sure the apps you want to use have been tested. But for $200...that's a great price
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    11-04-16 12:32 PM
    And make sure you know which apps will continue to work. Whatsapp is stopping in the new year, so if that is a critical app, you need to look at a different device. It is not supported for BB10, but that doesn't mean you can't get one of the BlackBerry Android devices. I just looked at the thread of DTEK60 pictures, and it is looking pretty good.
    11-04-16 12:52 PM
    I love my Passport SE and it is undoubtedly the most productive device I have ever used. Second is my Z30, but I digress. The screen size is great for my tired eyes. The sound is fantastic. Call quality and reception is the best I have had.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 01:16 PM
    And make sure you know which apps will continue to work. Whatsapp is stopping in the new year, so if that is a critical app, you need to look at a different device. It is not supported for BB10,
    Maybe throwing a WhatsApp apk on it, will do the trick on the BB10 device. Wont be the same but can still run WhatsApp on a BB10 device
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    11-04-16 04:05 PM
    Don't. Nice phone, lot of good featuring, but ain't worth it by 2017. Not a good investment.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    11-04-16 04:41 PM
    Don't. Nice phone, lot of good featuring, but ain't worth it by 2017. Not a good investment.

Posted via CB10
    why not?

Install Cobalt's play store, BB10 is awesome.
    I use it as my everyday driver, android version of Whatsapp works, facebook etc etc.

In my opinion if you want something that isn't just another Android phone / iPhone then yes, buy one, it is well built, battery life is amazing.
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-04-16 05:09 PM
    USA search on ebay
    11-04-16 10:15 PM
    11-04-16 10:18 PM
    Good question, I've had my PPSE for about a little more than a month now, and I don't regret my decision. Having the device and using it as a daily driver reinforces my reasoning for pulling the trigger. My only concern then, that hasn't been answered is BlackBerry's commitment to their product software support. But even with that uncertainty, the savings over the original cost, if I get 2 years productivity will be worth it to me. Because I really appreciate what BlackBerry 10 has to offer. And when's the last time you paid $200 for a flagship device.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    Last edited by KNEBB; 11-05-16 at 08:03 AM.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    11-04-16 10:42 PM
    I bought a used Passport (original black one) for around US$200 yesterday. Was only used by the previous owner for less than a week so it's practically new. I have a Priv but find typing on the PKB to be cramped and I still make too many mistake due to the mushy feel and small targets for each letter.

I will mainly use for emails (work and personal) as the passport keyboard and screen are fantastic with no other phone coming close for me anyway.

I did own several passports before and tried a few Android phones before switching to the Priv. Having been away from the Passport for over 6months, setting it up was more difficult than what I went through the first time I had a Passport around early 2015.

Just in case others consider buying a Passport now (Nov 2016), to set up anything related to Gmail was a frustrating and great learning experience. For work, we use Office 365. Setting up Outlook email account was easy and both contacts and calendar were part of the single setup process (just make sure you obtain the relevant server details from your IT department for setting it all up. Username, Email address, Server, Domain etc.

For Gmail, I always remembered it was a 3 step process. Gmail Email is independent of Gmail Calendar and Gmail Contacts. Setup Gmail by adding a new account and select Gmail. For Calendar and Contacts, you need go into Advanced settings and setup Caldav and Cardav respectively. If you search Google Caldav and Cardav and search setting up Gmail on BB10 you will find lots of info.

My main headache was Google has changed some of its security procedures in the last 12 months that made setting up Gmail Contacts and Calendar more difficult if you don't know what to do.

Google now has a 2 stage authorisation process and also doesn't allow certain apps it considers to be a threat to load and communicate with Gmail add ons unless the owner allows it to.

For both Caldav and Cardav Set up using BB10 Passport, you need to allow less secure apps to access Google services this needs to be toggled ON. So "less secure app permission" is set to "ON". In my Google Account settings, it was set to "OFF" and I couldn't install Caldav and Cardav until the toggle had been changed. A simple step but this was never required 12months ago when I setup my other Passport.

Another important thing is the original factory reset Passport was at 10.3.0.1418. This had many bugs and wouldn't allow me to complete the Passport simple setting up steps. My work email on Outlook also didn't synch completely and even BlackBerry World could load most of the time. The NFC would turn itself on all the time, even after I toggled off. It was very buggy, until OTA update to 10.3.2.2836 was fully installed (3-4 hours later). Everything works fine now. This was quite a handful since my early setups with my original passport.

Sorry if too long winded, but if this can help other new Passport users deal with some basic setup issues with Gmail Calender and Contacts, it's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nglfmark; 11-05-16 at 05:37 AM.
    Avenzuno, daikku and wbcolon like this.
    11-05-16 02:03 AM
    I'm using as a primary device and it's best but lack of app but I really don't use apps

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 02:28 AM
    For me it is always a good decision to buy a Passport. I have two Passports at the moment. Oldest being September 2014. The device is cool as ever . The battery life and performance is still good . I have Passport and Priv as daily drivers. Priv is being used for apps and camera and Passport for all other things.
    ratfinkstooley and Bay 13 like this.
    11-05-16 02:32 AM
    why not?

Install Cobalt's play store, BB10 is awesome.
    I use it as my everyday driver, android version of Whatsapp works, facebook etc etc.

In my opinion if you want something that isn't just another Android phone / iPhone then yes, buy one, it is well built, battery life is amazing.
    How did you get facebook to work? I followed Cobalts instructions and patched it but the latest facebook app won't work on my passport. I have to use Face10

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:00 AM
    You can use a Passport to get some work done without interruptions, and an Android phone to play.
    11-06-16 10:59 AM
    Don't. Nice phone, lot of good featuring, but ain't worth it by 2017. Not a good investment. Posted via CB10
    Have you had one?
    11-06-16 12:48 PM
    I do have a Passport SE as primary device. As I said nice phone, nice hardware, it's solid and efficient. However, It is not worth to buy a passport today. Let me explain myself: the blackberry world isn't updated anymore. It has been months that I didn't receive any update from the appshop. DocsToGo -apologise my rudness- Sucks ! And that's pretty disappointing for a phone that is shaped as a computer, and was made for business. One can say:' Yeah, you can use the android app store thanks to cobalt...' Sure I can, but the phone doesn't feel efficient, fast or fluid. It laggs, Moreover, more and more apps, and the most famous ones, are no more compatible. They took Facebook from BlackBerry, I could manage that one. They are taking WA, I won't survive this one. The android app does work, but it isn't as well integrated as the BlackBerry version.

In addition, the Camera's focus is too slow to take photographs in real life. Though, the video recorder is nice ! Optic stabilisation is far superior than any brand I have used for now.

To conclude, nice phone, still working, still having its last breath. But it's a fact, it's been burried.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 01:29 PM
    I do have a Passport SE as primary device. As I said nice phone, nice hardware, it's solid and efficient. However, It is not worth to buy a passport today. Let me explain myself: the blackberry world isn't updated anymore. It has been months that I didn't receive any update from the appshop. DocsToGo -apologise my rudness- Sucks ! And that's pretty disappointing for a phone that is shaped as a computer, and was made for business. One can say:' Yeah, you can use the android app store thanks to cobalt...' Sure I can, but the phone doesn't feel efficient, fast or fluid. It laggs, Moreover, more and more apps, and the most famous ones, are no more compatible. They took Facebook from BlackBerry, I could manage that one. They are taking WA, I won't survive this one. The android app does work, but it isn't as well integrated as the BlackBerry version.

In addition, the Camera's focus is too slow to take photographs in real life. Though, the video recorder is nice ! Optic stabilisation is far superior than any brand I have used for now.

To conclude, nice phone, still working, still having its last breath. But it's a fact, it's been burried.

Posted via CB10
    How did you get the android version of whatsapp to work?

#whatisclassic
    11-06-16 01:32 PM
    How did you get the android version of whatsapp to work?

#whatisclassic
    Just installed WA from the Cobalts Market. Worked fine. Then I installed the WA fix to get the pictures to work again

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 12:47 PM
    Just ordered a PassPort today, which is still a surprise to me too! After the keyboard on my Q10 messed up, requiring me to dig my nails between the cracks to use it, I swore i'd never buy another PKB device again. Then a week ago I suddenly became attracted to the Passport, which i'd previously hated the look of. I don't understand what happened to me! Still, the handset is free and my contract will only be for 2 years. Let's see how it goes...

Dispensed via Q10 ----{\\\\|=[
    nglfmark likes this.
    11-07-16 01:56 PM
    Just installed WA from the Cobalts Market. Worked fine. Then I installed the WA fix to get the pictures to work again

Posted via CB10
    This may sound like a silly question, but when you say Cobalts market, is that a website where cobalt lists APK's?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 09:32 AM
    This may sound like a silly question, but when you say Cobalts market, is that a website where cobalt lists APK's?

Posted via CB10
    Nah, it's a tread where Cobalts explains us how to install the Android Market and provide us the apps to make it work. You should take a look at it !

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 10:52 AM
    Do phones count as an investment? I thought they start depreciating as soon as you buy them. Sort of like cars only with a much shorter life expectancy.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 07:37 PM
50 12