I'm getting annoyed by two white spots on the screen. Someone who knows more about this phone than I described on this site how a manufacturing defect has caused this. It's in the worst place possible on the screen. It shows up when displaying bright colors.

Since so many of these have defects of some kind should I just deal with it? I don't want to send back and go through the hassle and wind up with another issue. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:09 AM
    I had one bright pixel on my Classic. First I thought it was not worth the hassle of a device change, and I won't notice it anyway. But simply knowing it was there, made me always check if it still was there, and therefore drove me crazy. So eventually I got a replacement, which is now perfect, and gave me back peace of mind.
    04-20-15 05:17 AM
    I'm right in between. Sometimes those little flaws add character. I never watch movies on it. It's just distracting.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:36 AM
    I'm with gnirkatto, once I see a defect it cannot be unseen. Perhaps it doesn't bother you a lot, if so then no big deal. But if it does, youu should definitely get an exchange before your warranty is up.

 = ♥
    04-20-15 05:47 AM
    I'm getting annoyed by two white spots on the screen. Someone who knows more about this phone than I described on this site how a manufacturing defect has caused this. It's in the worst place possible on the screen. It shows up when displaying bright colors.

Since so many of these have defects of some kind should I just deal with it? I don't want to send back and go through the hassle and wind up with another issue. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I'd probably send it back. I could probably deal with a little lightbleed, but anything on the screen would bother me. We now have 3 Passports in our house and the red original is perfect along with the black AT&T version. The original black from launch has a slightly loose volume up key, but def wasn't returning over that. That is one small hardware "issue" if you wanna even call it that from our 3. Two from shopblackberry and one from AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just be aware that your replacement is likely a refurbished one that may have other issues. You'll be the judge to decide if the screen problem bothers you enough to take the risk.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:59 AM