I'm having trouble with my new Passport accepting my SanDisk Ultra Plus micoSDXC UHS-1. It won't accept or reformat it. Now, to be honest, the Passport is charging and only at 3% if that matters. Also, I have to wait to 20% charge to update the software.
    07-14-16 06:34 PM
    If it a Good SD card and not one form say ebay, there should not be any issues. Charge the phone fully and get back to us.
    07-14-16 07:14 PM
    Have the same card in my passport, no problemo.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 08:10 PM
    Gebo, you didn't put the card in while the phone was on, did ya?

I got a 128gb SanDisk recently and it came preformatted to ExFat. Copied whatever I needed from the computer first, powered down the phone, stuck it in, and Bob was my uncle.

Try it in a computer first.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 08:14 PM
    Got it from Best Buy
    07-14-16 08:29 PM
    Gebo, you didn't put the card in while the phone was on, did ya?

I got a 128gb SanDisk recently and it came preformatted to ExFat. Copied whatever I needed from the computer first, powered down the phone, stuck it in, and Bob was my uncle.

Try it in a computer first.

Posted via CB10

I don't know if the phone was on or not. It came dead from Amazon and I had plugged it in. IF I put it in while the phone was on, what do I do now?Take it out, turn phone off and redo?
    07-14-16 08:31 PM
    89% charged and turned phone off, removed card, reinserted card, turned back on, won't read, 10.3.2...update still in progress. Have I ruined my card?

When I put it in my Mac, it comes up in an "Untitled" folder with nothing showing in that folder.
    07-14-16 08:40 PM
    I don't know if the phone was on or not. It came dead from Amazon and I had plugged it in. IF I put it in while the phone was on, what do I do now?Take it out, turn phone off and redo?
    The OS either auto-mounts the SD card whenever you put it in, or only does it at boot, and doesn't check after. It's safer to assume the latter and put the SD card in a powered down phone and boot up fresh right after.

It is not safe to eject the SD card while the phone is powered. The filesystem on the card must first be unmounted, or you risk data corruption. You don't have access to mount or unmount the filesystem on the Passport, so you gotta power down the phone for the OS to unmount the SD card during its shutdown procedure.

Try it in a computer first though, make sure your computer can see it and format it.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 08:42 PM
    My iMac sees and "Untitled" folder that is completely blank when I open it up.
    07-14-16 08:44 PM
    Open the Launchpad in the Mac, go to Utilities and, and open Disk Utility. Find the SD card, do an erase, and pick ExFat for the filesystem.

Just format it fresh on your Mac, stick it in the Passport powered off, and you should hopefully be set.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 08:47 PM
    KKOO, Ok, I'm giving it a try. I'll be back...
    07-14-16 09:15 PM
    It will be tomorrow morning before I can try it. It's still updating the new software and I gotta go to bed. I'll let you know.
    07-14-16 09:28 PM
    If you are running 10.3.2 and have the sdxc driver I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have a 200gb card in my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 09:37 PM
    All I had to do was wait for the software update to the 10.3.2....Works like a charm! I didn't realize how long it took to update with the current software.

Thanks for all your help!
    07-15-16 07:54 AM
    If you are running 10.3.2 and have the sdxc driver I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have a 200gb card in my Z30.

Posted via CB10

You are correct! Thanks!
    07-15-16 07:55 AM
    Something interesting...at first it showed 10 gb used 59gb available. I had taken KKOO's advice and reformatted card on my Mac.

I then reformatted card in my phone and it went down 1gb used and 59 available. I don't understand but I'm passing it along if it helps someone else. I guess I'd always reformat on the device.
    07-15-16 07:58 AM
    Something interesting...at first it showed 10 gb used 59gb available. I had taken KKOO's advice and reformatted card on my Mac.

I then reformatted card in my phone and it went down 1gb used and 59 available. I don't understand but I'm passing it along if it helps someone else. I guess I'd always reformat on the device.
    Glad to hear you have it working. Interesting that Mac ate up 10gb - very much out of scope. From my experience I've found that Mac eats up a few megabytes every time you access external storage media, but gigabytes... damn.

Yep, I'll second that formatting on the device is the safer bet to get most formatted space out of the card.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:23 PM
    Try formatting in computer?

You shouldn't have to do this but I find this helps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-15-16 02:53 PM
    Glad to hear you have it working. Interesting that Mac ate up 10gb - very much out of scope. From my experience I've found that Mac eats up a few megabytes every time you access external storage media, but gigabytes... damn.

Yep, I'll second that formatting on the device is the safer bet to get most formatted space out of the card.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks KKOO! It's running like a champ. Waiting on my accessories from Crackberry....
    07-15-16 04:26 PM