Hi Guys

Ive just bought my Blackberry Passport today from CPW in the UK, its amazing, speed, efficiency, its also for me quite comfortable even though I've got small hands, the issue I found when I shook it a little, it felt like the battery was moving around inside the device? I took it back to CPW but they have no stock, is this a fault? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    10-02-14 02:16 PM
    I just shook mine and nothing moved. It does sound suspect to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 02:22 PM
    Thanks for replying. Will have to get it exchanged ASAP which is annoying as I can customise it to what I want yet!
    10-02-14 02:26 PM
    You can customize it. Then back up. Then restore the new one.

Posted via CB10
    GuruTrish likes this.
    10-02-14 02:29 PM
    I gave up on Customizing too much all the autoloaders around. Truly sorry for your defunct Passport. One I know how terrible this must be...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    GuruTrish likes this.
    10-02-14 02:32 PM
    Hi Guys

Ive just bought my Blackberry Passport today from CPW in the UK, its amazing, speed, efficiency, its also for me quite comfortable even though I've got small hands, the issue I found when I shook it a little, it felt like the battery was moving around inside the device? I took it back to CPW but they have no stock, is this a fault? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Are you sure you're not feeling the camera "shaking" inside the phone? The auto-focus hardware in the camera is a moving part, and produces a faint but noticeable rattle when you shake the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:46 PM
    Maybe it's the NFC pins... I'm not sure how the internals look.... but if that other dude said he has no noise, maybe it's a legitimate issue
    10-02-14 03:49 PM
    Maybe it's the NFC pins... I'm not sure how the internals look.... but if that other dude said he has no noise, maybe it's a legitimate issue
    Why would the Passport have the same NFC pins as removable battery BlackBerry devices when the back cover and battery are fixed and non-removable? That doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:52 PM
    Guys, stop shaking your phone, you look ridiculous lol

Joke aside, nothing should move.

Posted via CB10
    Demansy and GuruTrish like this.
    10-02-14 03:53 PM
    The shake is not faint, its a fairly strong feeling. like something heavy is moving when the phone is shook.
    10-02-14 04:11 PM
    Just a quick mention, when I push down on the back cover of the phone, then shake it, nothing shakes. use it a bit, shake it some more, then the moving internally comes back. Its also gets hot on the right hand side below the volume keys along the end and moving a little into the middle of the back of the handset. (i put it down to PIM services). But thats the situation with the moving something internally.
    10-02-14 04:17 PM
    All passports will occasionally get warm right below volume keys.
    It's surprising it's restricted to such a small area, must be where the cpu is?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:42 PM
    When I shake mine, nothing moves at all. Solid as a rock. Bummer on the defective passport. You can still use the time to get used to the keyboard and such.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:19 AM
    Thanks for all the help everyone, exchanged my passport now, no more shaking! It's so wonderful, having used it for just about 24 hours typing is a dream, still hit "z" for alt though! But I'm having issues with twitter will post a new thread.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:36 AM
    I'm resurrecting this old thread just to log another incident of a loose battery causing a shaking/shifting motion inside a brand new Passport. Passport is going back through warranty exchange.

Buying through shopblackberry.com isn't the best experience. I'm pretty sure Amazon.com or a carrier purchase would've been a much easier return/exchange experience. ShopBB has taken a week to address this and I still don't have the replacement yet.

02-22-15 11:20 PM