05-04-15 03:49 AM
30 12
tools
    When I made this thread, 10.3.1 was new and had flickering issues. I am on 10.3.2 now and wow this makes the old berries look like crap, and those old berries make android and apple look like crap.

Have gotten

Better Battery
    Better Reception
    Many cool new features like

New zoom in gesture on browser from keyboard i.e pinch to zoom on keyboard

Purple arrow for replied email, blue for forward etc.

New things like recent contacts in hub, dark mode text message, etc.

Would highly recommend using sic multi wipe and upgrading to the latest leak.

It feels like old bb days again, having custom notifications for everything and just pressing q to go quiet.

Only gripe is that I can't make q toggle to vibrate only silent and have to set each application to vibrate i.e phone or text.

No need for that yet, but option is there and otherwise this is perfect. The battery is not removable but only takes four screws to replace.

I don't think replacement batteries are out yet in full numbers, although one or two random places have them.

Originally I would have given passport 10.5/10 now I would give 11/10 when battery comes out it is full dozen which is highest I can give.

Apple phones can't past 9 and other android 8 due to lag. Sony I make exception for giving up to 9 but Chinese android I would rate max at 6 due to security and xiao MI at 7.

I.e xiao MI is passable so is Chinese but blackberry is number 1.

I wish they weren't overpriced outside USA i.e in India, Europe, etc I notice prices being much higher.

Consolation is that passport is fast enough for anything, even with power saving on and will only get cheaper over time. 6 7 years from now I can see myself still using this.

Just like my trusty bold 9700 or 9900, and the battery life on this is amazing. Even in low coverage I have had 70% remaining after 50 60 hours!
    Last edited by RexdaleNap; 04-20-15 at 06:05 PM.
    02-19-15 01:19 PM
    Honestly you will get many diff answers, make a decision i'm running it on my passport with maybe a flicker every three days, and i love it. my sound is fine,
    02-19-15 01:22 PM
    Op, your choice. Decide if the update is something you want or need. I won't say either way, it is all personal preference.

Myself, I would hate to ask for support for anything knowing very well that I am not on the most recent OS.
    02-19-15 02:14 PM
    The issues that have arisen for other users have dissuaded me from upgrading to the official 10.3.1 release.

I've had zero issues with 10.3.0.908, and I think I'll stick with that for a while.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    02-19-15 02:41 PM
    The issues that have arisen for other users have dissuaded me from upgrading to the official 10.3.1 release.

I've had zero issues with 10.3.0.908, and I think I'll stick with that for a while.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Agree, I'm happy with 10.3.0.908 on Passport so no need to rush. Read the threads here so I know about any potential problems first.
    Will probably do a full backup at weekend and upgrade Sunday after the big rush. That's if I get around to it other wise it'll be a week or so later.
    Update looks far more usefull for Q and Z phones still on 10.2.2.
    Whatever I do I will update my Q10 first.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:29 PM
    I actually installed the 10.3.1.1955 leak to my Passport over last weekend and couldn't be happier. No flickering and battery has been the best since I have owned the Passport. I have turned off the auto update and will just stay here until I know the flickering issue is fixed. No reason to rush it.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:40 PM
    I haven't decided if I will risk an update. I wonder if doing a factory reset before the update would help prevent some of these issues? Right now I think I'm inclined to just wait a bit to see what blackberry does over the next week or so. Maybe they will push out a quick update to fix these issues. It does seem that they are shockingly widespread. But to me it doesn't really matter that blackberry screwed up, what I will be curious to see is how proactive they are about getting these issues fixed. Let us hope that they just called their dev teams in and told them to cancel their weekend plans :-)

Maybe while people have the blackberry engineers' attention, somebody could mention the excruciatingly slow camera focus problems and get a fix for that too.
    02-19-15 06:06 PM
    Do not update to 10.3.1!

A lot of users who updated to the official OS are having issues, both who used leaks and those who didn't.
    I just watched a youtube video of how screen flickering was like and it's terrible!!!

I don't have issues with my out-of-the-box OS. I also turned off the automatic OS update in case my carrier releases the official OS.
    Hope these issues will be fixed soon. I feel sorry for the others experiencing these. BlackBerry, c'mon guys! Not cool!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-19-15 06:49 PM
    i have had no problem with the leak or with 10.3.1

make sure you backup the device before installing....

for every person that complains about something, there's probably 5,000 that are completely fine with it. and users that are satisfied, don't bother jumping on to to the forums to praise the software.
    02-19-15 06:53 PM
    I've had no problems and I've been running the leak.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:55 PM
    If I back up the phone with BBLink, do the update and find problems, then do a restore from the BBLink backup, will it restore my phone to the prior OS?
    02-19-15 07:10 PM
    On no account upgrade.

You would improve the phone more by driving your car over it.

The Passport was the world's best phone, now it's a coaster.

BlackBerry will be bankrupt in six months due to this insult of an "update"

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 07:41 PM
    Update is a fail because of lower notification volume. I even missed my alarm and many messages.

Can we downgrade to 10.3.0?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 10:42 PM
    Update is a fail because of lower notification volume. I even missed my alarm and many messages.

Can we downgrade to 10.3.0?

Posted via CB10
    Yes by auto loader from Thurask archive.
    02-19-15 10:52 PM
    Well I am on the same boat as you, but I won't update my passport yet as current OS is working perfectly and I don't want to risk it because of potential bugs ( sound issue & screen flickering )
    02-19-15 11:03 PM
    Well I am on the same boat as you, but I won't update my passport yet as current OS is working perfectly and I don't want to risk it because of potential bugs ( sound issue & screen flickering )
    I updated with official Ota, got flickering so went to latest leak + update files.

Better battery and overall faster operation. Would recommend
    03-13-15 08:53 AM
    Just an FYI, the new update is out and should be released OTA to you from your respective carriers sometime this weekend/coming week!

for more info, check here: BlackBerry OS 10.3.1.2558 update files now available for download | CrackBerry.com

For those who are curious: There is also a changelog in the BB10 beta/leaked OS hub section of this forums, so if you venture over there you will find the thread detailing the fixes and findings for OS 10.3.1.2558.

/thread
    03-13-15 02:41 PM
    Or passport autoloader here so you don't have to wait for your carrier
    https://mega.co.nz/#!94hWUbha!pIPjSK...KjoJH0tmPlWPyU

Posted via CB10
    thedose and sebstarr like this.
    03-13-15 03:40 PM
    Hi, I've been a blackberry user since the bold 9700 and have jot wanted any other brand.

My passport which I got few months ago, has been flawless. No defects, multiple day battery life, no need to reboot like android, etc.

I've been following the leaks but I haven't loaded any. I used to wipe and load every friday on my z10, but with passport if it ain't broke don't fix it.

My few concerns are:

Flickering
    Notification volume lower

The pros I know of

Better camera
    Better radio signal
    Lower radio power use
    Keyboard shortcuts

I don't really use camera or shortcuts so it comes down to better battery vs potentially very low volume notifications and headache.

I have a android device and never loaded 5.0 stuck to 4.4 because I just liked it.

I remember early how every bb10 uodate massivrly changed everything.

Is this still the case, or is it just not worth it.

Music, some browsing, email, bbm, whatsapp, phone call is all I do.

Beside whatsapp I have no third party apps on my phone.
    I actually have worse battery life.
    I suggest you wait for the upcoming update with the FREAK browser fix.
    03-13-15 04:37 PM
    The newest update is out PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2558 and it fixes the FREAK issue

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    03-13-15 04:39 PM
    The newest update is out PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2558 and it fixes the FREAK issue

Posted via CB10
    Canada? Rogers? Telus?
    03-13-15 05:51 PM
    Just updated to latest leak:

Better Reception
    Low Notification Volume Fixed
    Much Much More bass and richness to sound in music now

W.e Else Idk Battery about same if not better. Flickering was already gone with the flickering update
    03-13-15 10:16 PM
    I have official 10.3.1 and like many have no issues. I had flicker issues until I did a couple of hard resets. All other issues reported I haven't experienced. I am with Telus but purchased from ShopBB. Why not doe a full backup, upgrade and if you have issues after a few resets install the leak known to fix things. If still unhappy then restore. You can always go back. That was my plan but the official os has worked flawlessly for me after a couple of hard resets. Go for it as you can always go back.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    03-13-15 10:27 PM
    We are talking now about the very latest release.

You need the update because of FREAK.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 07:03 AM
    Updating to 2576 ota now
    03-16-15 10:22 PM
30 12