01-21-16 05:02 PM
29 12
tools
    I bought the Classic two days ago and it's almost perfect for me. The only thing I don't like is the performance when it comes to android apps. Right now I'm considering returning the Classing and buying the Passport for 40 more. But there is one thing I don't like about the Passport and that's the design. I don't like how big it is and how it looks. Is there anyone who didn't like the design but bought it anyway? Did you get used to it or do you like it even more now? The other big plus about the Passport, besides the performance, is the touch sensitive keyboard.

The Android Apps I need are only OneNote and OfficeSuite and they work poorly on the Classic (I use them when I need to make small changes or just check something).

Should I just keep the Classic or should I get the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 09:46 AM
    No one can make the decision for you. But if you don't like the size and design, I'd advise against the Passport. I've had mine since launch day and have had no problem with the size, but it's definitely not for everyone.
    01-17-16 09:54 AM
    there is only a very slight difference in speed when I had my Classic, and Passport. With the later 10.3.2 you should see a lot of improvements speed wise of the android run time. In saying that I am looking at getting a passport SE ... soon. It boils down to you I guess, what you want out of a device.
    01-17-16 09:55 AM
    I have a SE PP and ATT unlocked Classic. I have not used my Classic in a while since its winter and bought it for mainly use outside on the weekends. I turn it on ever few weeks to clear up all the emails and crap on it and then turn it off.

Its a great phone but the speed of it is not up to par with the PP and the size of the PP is really not to big! You have to use it for a week or so and it becomes second nature and a extension of your body!

Get a PP and keep the classic as a back up in my opinion
    01-17-16 10:12 AM
    The passport far better than classic

Screen
    Keypad size
    Touch
    Performance

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 10:24 AM
    After coming from a 9900 and then the the z10, I had to choose between a passport or classic. I chose the passport because the classic was a familiar design to me.

The passport combined what I liked about the 9900 and the z10. That's why I chose the passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 10:37 AM
    I did and trust me, after using passport for a while the Classic feels cheap and dated.
    Passport is better in design, screen, performance, battery, well... everything if you can get around the form factor

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    01-17-16 10:39 AM
    The Passport is faster. No question. But as someone who has both, I actually prefer the design of the Classic for the device that I carry around everywhere. I use the Passport all the time at home but it really is a bit too large to comfortably pocket and take with you.

The other point that is worth mentioning is that, if your primary concern is Android apps running better, the Passport is not your best option available either. Faster than the Classic? Sure. But not without some of the same problems and workarounds. I'd hang on to the Classic and when Android apps become that much of an issue, go for the Priv or wait and see what the Vienna may bring to the table.

The biggest difference between the Classic and the Passport are the form factor. The screen looks different (and much better). It's faster and that makes some Android apps run a bit smoother but it doesn't really improve compatibility all that much. The Classic is still great though and if you say it feels like almost 'perfect' for you, I'd keep it. But to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 10:47 AM
    ^^^^^^^i have the passport I love it.
    So, what he said
    01-17-16 10:52 AM
    You know what's going to happen?

You will sell the classic for a passport and then you will regret having sold the classic and will buy another one.

If I were you I would first buy a passport and then if you are convinced sell the classic

Regards
    01-17-16 12:32 PM
    I prefer my Passport over my employer owned Classic in every way....except for one handed typing.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    01-17-16 12:41 PM
    Thanks everyone. I downloaded an earlier version of the OneNote APK and it's working a bit better now. I will keep the Classic and when the BlackBerry Vienna comes out I will probably buy the Vienna, I think this will be a better choice for me, even though I really like BlackBerry OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 01:09 PM
    After coming from a 9900 and then the the z10, I had to choose between a passport or classic. I chose the passport because the classic was a familiar design to me.

The passport combined what I liked about the 9900 and the z10. That's why I chose the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Same for me LOL 9900-Z10-BBPPSE And I waited a year to get it just because (save for battery life) my Z10 performed soooo well

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    01-17-16 04:21 PM
    As much as I loved the pp when I had it to me the classic is just a better device to lug around yes the pp is better in every way but God damn it its just too damn big. I can throw my classic anywhere and it fits with the pp you have to have a designated area for it there's just no way around it.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 08:14 PM
    Also, it's damn satisfying having physical buttons for dialing and hanging up phone calls.

I pretty much used the screen exclusively for doing "phone" related things on the Passport and, since I gravitate towards physical keys for typing, having buttons for doing such other basic functions just makes sense. Classic gets a win there, as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 11:26 PM
    No comparison
    Get the pp

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 11:35 PM
    The only thing I don't like is the performance when it comes to android apps.
    That 'only thing' matters a lot too when it comes to Passport. If you are really fond of using Android apps / games, better to get Priv instead...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 12:38 AM
    I bought the original Passport but thought it was strange looking and too big. I also was weirded out by the keyboard.

After a few weeks, I was in love with the phone haha. I really believed BlackBerry had innovated and had finally launched a phone with features as good or better than other phones out there. The Passport is really one of a kind.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 04:01 AM
    When the passport came out I thought it was odd looking and that I'd never get used to it. I bought a classic and it was okay but I was wanting better specs and faster speeds. Fast forward to now, I got the passport and I'm loving it. I can't believe how quickly I've gotten used to the keyboard. I love the design now as well and it's super fast for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 03:19 PM
    If you need more phone capabilities, one handed use, and end and send keys, stay with the classic. If you need android apps, raw power, bigger screen, bigger battery, go with the passport

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 04:21 PM
    Keep the Classic. If it does everything that you need it to do, then why bother change it?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 06:49 PM
    I sold my Classic to get a Passport OG and ended up with a Passport Silver Edition. IMO Passport SE beats Classic in all ways.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-18-16 08:23 PM
    Buy a Passport but keep both.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    01-18-16 09:34 PM
    I have both ... I prefer to use the PassPort. WOW ... what a device
    01-20-16 09:58 AM
    Keep the Classic and use it for the weekend beater and use the Passport for business to impress
    01-21-16 10:26 AM
29 12