Crackberry, please, help me. I currently have a BlackBerry Z30 and i'm pretty happy with it. I've got the opportunity to upgrade to a BlackBerry Passport and i don't know what to do. I heard a lot of bad things about Passport, that is too big and too heavy. I'm a 17 years old, at highschool. Would the Passport be too big for me? Should i stick with my Z30? I like that the Passport it's more powerful and has a better battery life, but i don't want it to be anoying to use. Please help me
    05-12-15 05:34 PM
    I just got my passport yesterday!!! Easily the best phone I've ever had. I say don't worry about size because I'm a 16 y/o in high school. As soon as I set up the phone I practiced using the keyboard and sent messages to a lot of my friends and had 0 problems whatsoever. Weight wise, I say it is appropriate for a phone of its size. The only problem I have already caught is that mine has that smudge around the BlackBerry logo on the black and a tiny bit of light bleed on my keyboard.
    05-12-15 05:39 PM
    The transition would take some time. I also moved from the excellent Z30 to the Passport, and at first I was thinking whether I have made the right choice. Now, with the new OS 10.3.1 (and up), the physical keyboard of the passport takes a bit of an edge, because we can launch instant action with the keyboard. For example: press and hold b, and it would lead you directly to browser, and typing something directly from the home page would lead you directly to instant search, which is now the way that I'm operating my phone. The size is a bit uncomfortable for me. True the screen is big and sharp, which makes it good for browsing, but I don't think the Z30 lacks too much in this department. The Passport clearly has a better battery, albeit not much. If you really like Z30 that much, and don't think that you would need the advantage of the PKB (for writing, actually I find the VKB of the Z30 is easier and more effortless to use; the advantage of PKB is like how I've described above), you wouldn't miss much even if you didn't buy the Passport. The size and the weight certainly makes it a bit less easy on the hand than the Z30. And about one handed use, you can certainly forget it. Nonetheless, Passport is also a really good phone, you just need to adapt with it, especially in a first few weeks after you're used to the Z30. Typing would feel awkward at the beginning, especially because of the hybrid, you have to press with a bit more power to type on the PKB, but for the symbols, you only have to type it as they are on the VKB of the Passport. This transition of PKB and VKB took sometime for me to get used to. Anyway, good luck with your choice! You won't make any wrong decision by deciding to stay with Z30 or jumping to Passport. Just follow what your heart tells you. . One clear advantage of the Passport is that, since it is a newer device, I assume that it would have more support in the future than the Z30, because Z30 has become a discontinued device from BlackBerry.
    05-12-15 05:54 PM
    I'm 18 and am going into college next year. The Passport is GREAT for writing papers and doing research. It's better than a laptop for most things imo. The only downside is that it's not the best for watching videos, but overall my passport blows my Z30 out of the water in almost every aspect.

Sent from my Passport
    05-12-15 06:01 PM
    A short experience WIth passport.

I travel 120km one way to my Aviation Academy so it's 240km up and down and I am out of house for 11 hours and the battery goes down to max 65-75 depending on usage. I have presentation slides and documents in my mobile, Passport makes it much easier to view /edit them because of the wide screen which others comparatively lack.

It took me a while to get used to it but now it's easier and better then the others.

I am sure you must be taking photos so in terms of camera. The camera is too good for blackberry (to add I am a photographer) including the front camera.

Battery life is amazing. Will attach a screen shot. in this case I was out for longer than usual as I had some work and my passport was more active than I have been the whole day!

The new OS is supportive and gives quick access to certain things.
    Should I get the Z30 or Passport?-img_20150512_213806.png

That's few of passports things I enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 06:06 PM
    Passport OP. Also came from a Z30 which I really liked. The Passport does everything better. Awesome mobile and super fast. Reading text is sheer joy!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    05-12-15 06:14 PM
    Z30 is a phone. Passport renders laptops obsolete. Do eet.
    Edit: also, using it one-handed is a breeze. Just reach up from the bottom with your thumb to type, everything else across from the side like any other touchscreen. And I don't have big hands.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 06:49 PM
    If you can't upgrade to another phone after year, I would suggest that you wait for the slider buddy. Not that I don't like passport but with the release planned well within this year, if I were you, I would get the next BlackBerry .

If at all you decide to go with the passport, I suggest you to pickup the 'Red'. It's cool and sexy.

If you are with at&t, well the rounded passport looks cool too.

Z30 is a good phone and I too had it before upgrading it to passport. As others suggested, if you are with document editing or stuff like that, passport is a good choice. Otherwise stick to Z30 and wait for the slider.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-12-15 08:53 PM
    Send me that z30 when you decide to grab that passport, bruh. Heheh.

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1
    05-12-15 09:00 PM
    Should I get the Z30 or Passport?-img_0676.jpg

Why not have both?
    05-12-15 09:32 PM
    Get a Passport. You're an adult, you'll be fine with the transition. Don't listen to what others say you should do because it doesn't matter. Don't listen to naysayers who had problems with their devices, there's always some people who are going to have problems with whatever for whatever reason. I'm here to say, my Passport rocks, love it, and there is nothing wrong with my device. Just do it.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 09:38 PM
    I had the Z30 for a while before upgrading to the Passport. If you can hold off until the slider comes out then you can weigh your options better. Going on an upgrade now for the Passport might trap you.

While I do love using my Passport, I don't know the exact circumstances for your use. By the time the slider comes out, you'll have options on which to choose for your use.

I still use my Z30 and Passport and have my Z10s still for WiFi use and experimenting with new leaks. Lol

via Z10-ER
    05-12-15 10:55 PM
    I love my Passport. If you don't have a problem with touch screen typing, then Z30 is a great choice.

If you do a lot of texting and emailing, then the Passport is a better choice IMO.

I liked my Z10 and Z30, but always kept going back to the keyboard devices

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:02 PM
    Thank you guys so much for your answers. I have seen some concepts with the Slider and i don't like it. I don't like that sliding keyboard. For a while i will stick with my z30. I'm seriously thinking to buy the Passport. I will announce you once i make a choice
    05-13-15 12:33 AM
    Stick with z30 or wait for passport 2. Z30 is great device with superb quality. I have problem with twisting, double typing and, charging micro usb inlet showing fail cable detection already after few months use. Mostly hardware issue. Don't know what more to happen after couple years. But that again, it's just my bad luck I guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 12:48 AM