Ok i will look for a key1 black edition but here in France it is still highly priced....
    06-11-18 04:24 PM
    The BB10 native app library is non-existent, and Android app compatibility is limited to Android 4.3 without Google services. That said, you've listed browsers, social networks, and office apps among your needs, which puts it past the Passport's faltering capabilities. Save your money.
    Don't listen to the Android Brigade. And Android people stop reporting me for expressing my opinions and defending us against the trolls.
    06-12-18 01:43 AM
    Ok i will look for a key1 black edition but here in France it is still highly priced....
    On eGlobal Central you can find a KEYone Black for EUR 441,99. But you might be affected by some tax...
    06-12-18 01:59 AM
    Hi There,
    My Nokia windows phone is ready to die soon, i was considering to get a BB (while Microsoft is waiting to release a new device), but a cheap one...

Off course the Key2 is out soon but too expensive for me as new.

I was considering a BB Passport SE, but wanted to know if it worth to get for 200€ 235$ (as new).
    What should i know about the limitations of the BB service?

What do you think? Should i get a cheap Key one instead?

I never used a BB before.

Thanks fo your advices
    Not at all advisable . BB10 is almost reaching EOL .
    06-12-18 02:32 AM
    Don't listen to the Android Brigade. And Android people stop reporting me for expressing my opinions and defending us against the trolls.
    What are you talking about?
    06-12-18 06:31 AM
    Why not tell the OP why YOU feel that BB10 would meet his needs.... nothing wrong with offering him both sides.

Coming in and calling others a Brigade or Trolls and complaining about being censored.... and not offering anything.

BlackBerry has given BB10 an EOL date.
    Services like paid Apps and BBM cross platform for BBOS and BB10 are coming to an end.
    Other services are ending between now and the end of 2019.
    Hardware and software are forever stuck in 2013....

It's fine if you know all this and find it useful. Just don't see the point in someone with no BlackBerry BB10 experience, jumping on the boat at this point.
    hoppysfave likes this.
    06-12-18 07:09 AM
    Getting reported doesn't automatically get you banned. This isn't Survivor, and you don't get voted off the island.

Getting banned requires that the moderators determine that you repeatedly post things that are against the terms of service.
    06-12-18 10:10 AM
    Getting reported doesn't automatically get you banned. This isn't Survivor, and you don't get voted off the island.

Getting banned requires that the moderators determine that you repeatedly post things that are against the terms of service.
    Good thing... I'd have been voted off long ago.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    06-12-18 10:55 AM
    Good thing... I'd have been voted off long ago.
    Suspended comes before the ultimate “banned”. Ask me how I know... LOL
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    06-12-18 12:46 PM
    What are you talking about?
    I'm was suspended for merely defending BB10 on the BB10 forums and responding to ridicule with sarcastic remarks. (Can I get suspended for questioning my suspension?)

Posted via CB10
    06-12-18 01:00 PM

I have never been told what remark violates the terms of service. I did note that one of the Android Brigade members debating with me was a... moderator! Shocking!

I have never personally insulted anyone. I have only questioned conclusions and positions relative to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-18 01:03 PM
    Why not tell the OP why YOU feel that BB10 would meet his needs.... nothing wrong with offering him both sides.

Coming in and calling others a Brigade or Trolls and complaining about being censored.... and not offering anything.

BlackBerry has given BB10 an EOL date.
    Services like paid Apps and BBM cross platform for BBOS and BB10 are coming to an end.
    Other services are ending between now and the end of 2019.
    Hardware and software are forever stuck in 2013....

It's fine if you know all this and find it useful. Just don't see the point in someone with no BlackBerry BB10 experience, jumping on the boat at this point.
    If it's a $100 investment in a Passport it's really not that unreasonable. In a year a used Key2 will drop more than that in price. So try the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-18 01:05 PM
    I'm was suspended for merely defending BB10 on the BB10 forums and responding to ridicule with sarcastic remarks. (Can I get suspended for questioning my suspension?)

Posted via CB10
    You can probably get suspended for questioning it publicly and getting fined additional points. Generally the suspension occurs because you’ve accumulated points that push you to suspension. It would have to be a pretty egregious comment to go right to suspension.
    06-12-18 01:13 PM
    I have never been told what remark violates the terms of service. I did note that one of the Android Brigade members debating with me was a... moderator! Shocking!

I have never personally insulted anyone. I have only questioned conclusions and positions relative to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I didn’t see your comment. Moderators are free to debate and generally are held to a higher standard. Trusted Members such as myself are held to a higher standard as well. That doesn’t mean that we can’t express our point of view.

Perhaps things became too personal? You have to remember, this place is named CrackBerry. It’s for all things BlackBerry and not just BB10 diehards. We joke about safe places. I have with you directly made that joking comment. There’s no safe place in forum boards, just civil discourse. I’ve had to be warned and suspended more than most. I finally got the message, I think.
    06-12-18 01:21 PM
    Yea if you have MS office it works well with Docs to Go. The app will not make docx or xlsx but it will render and let you edit them. Most of the templates are rendering, and its too easy to share them anywhere.
    What more do you need in your workflow?

BBhub emailer is the real deal, legacy outlook, exchange, office.. you're golden. Passports wifi when using IPV6 is over 200mbps so if you are having problems you are getting throttled, use airplane mode.

Browser get shunned cause too many user agents but Webworks stock browser has all the languages you need and great render to reader mode, plus !15mb of localStorage.. so save a page or set them yourself to preload.

edit:my mistake, it is 25mb.

Still tho, get a Key.. automation and permissions on android stomps the great keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 06-13-18 at 10:53 AM.
    06-12-18 01:23 PM
    BB10 is currently in worse shape than Windows 10 Mobile (which still receives monthly updates IIRC). Why would anyone recommend OP spend $200+ dollars on a device that won't even properly meet their listed needs?

If it's just about avoiding iOS and Android, you're better off with Sailfish which is still seeing active development instead of a OS that is getting almost no support from its creator. But much like the other platforms, app support will be a problem.
    06-12-18 01:46 PM
    I've gone through a similar cycle of thoughts but a bit differently. I'm pretty much tired of iOS and Android. I came across the Key 2 last week and have gone crazy when it comes to older Blackberry and Windows phoens looking for an alternative to mainstream offerings. I purchased a Blackberry Classic on ebay last night just to play around with a hardware keyboard on the phone, and I've also have been looking at Windows phone, mostly the 920 /28, 1020 and 1520 phones which have a great build quality and a well earned reputaton for some of the best cameras in the history of phones, especially back when they came out, but looking on Flickr, these cameras hold up with all the new $700 - $1000 phones.

I ultimately decided to just play with the Classic I'm getting until the Key2 comes out and installing Windows Launcher on it because I use all Win Apps for my productivity.

I wanted a Passport but a $150 to $200 price just to play with something for a few weeks until the Key2 is released just didn't make sense. My $35 Classic makes sense. The passport definitely wows me and I might get one just to have a beautiful piece of tech history.
    pht and the_boon like this.
    06-12-18 03:25 PM
    Also, why not look into a more modern Win phone? I'm not sure which one you have, but the 1520 and 950/950XL seem like awesome phones. I still might do some impulse buying and get one-- Maybe a 1020 with camera grip and power bank as a tiny picture take with one of those external lens kits.... Fringe tech is a lot more fun than having what everyone else has, but if you NEED NEED NEED certain apps and aren't willing to tinker a bit, it seems like BB10 isn't right.
    06-12-18 03:28 PM
    I've gone through a similar cycle of thoughts but a bit differently. I'm pretty much tired of iOS and Android. I came across the Key 2 last week and have gone crazy when it comes to older Blackberry and Windows phoens looking for an alternative to mainstream offerings. I purchased a Blackberry Classic on ebay last night just to play around with a hardware keyboard on the phone, and I've also have been looking at Windows phone, mostly the 920 /28, 1020 and 1520 phones which have a great build quality and a well earned reputaton for some of the best cameras in the history of phones, especially back when they came out, but looking on Flickr, these cameras hold up with all the new $700 - $1000 phones.

I ultimately decided to just play with the Classic I'm getting until the Key2 comes out and installing Windows Launcher on it because I use all Win Apps for my productivity.

I wanted a Passport but a $150 to $200 price just to play with something for a few weeks until the Key2 is released just didn't make sense. My $35 Classic makes sense. The passport definitely wows me and I might get one just to have a beautiful piece of tech history.
    Windows Launcher on the Classic?

Think you'll find running an Android Launcher on BB10 isn't going to work very well. Some can be ran, but they are just apps running on the runtime and don't really work "over" BB10.

But let us know how your experiment with BB10 goes...
    06-12-18 03:39 PM
    Windows Launcher on the Classic?

Think you'll find running an Android Launcher on BB10 isn't going to work very well. Some can be ran, but they are just apps running on the runtime and don't really work "over" BB10.

But let us know how your experiment with BB10 goes...
    I mean Windows Launcher on the Key2 when I get it, not on the Classic.
    06-12-18 03:53 PM
    If not the Passport SE, there's always the Key2 SE right?
    the_boon likes this.
    06-12-18 03:56 PM
    If you've never owned or used a BB10 device before and are now considering it, the only way I could recommend it is if you knowingly have the patience to regularly invest your time on workarounds. If you're not the kind of user who cycles through 2-3 phones a year and are looking for something to last you the next 2-3 years, than it would be disingenuous for anyone to persuade you to get a phone that will reach EOL status in 18 months.

"Give it a try" only applies if you can accept the fact that buying a Passport and relying on it for daily use will require extra effort on your part to keep it running the way you need it to run (based on your list of requirements).

It's like you're about to buy a boat that will consistently spring new leaks over the next 18 months. Sure, you'll still get to your intended destination with some effort. But eventually you're going to run out of fingers and toes to plug those leaks!

Personally, I adore my Passport SE. LOVE IT! But nowadays, my love for it is through fond memories of using it in 2015 and my admiration for it as a beautiful piece of constructed hardware. In the immortal words of Indy Jones, "It belongs in a museum!"
    pht and anon(9188202) like this.
    06-12-18 04:07 PM
    Also, why not look into a more modern Win phone?
    It's in the same spot as BB10.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/windows-...-2019-at-least

The Lumia 1020 is probably the only Windows device I would personally buy in 2018 but only for the camera and not as a daily driver. I'm not sure if it would work as a daily driver either because it's stuck on Windows Phone 8.1 (IIRC you could upgrade to Windows 10 through the Insider program but you lose camera optimizations in the process).
    06-12-18 04:24 PM
    What are the true ramification of the 12/19 BB10 EOL? From my understanding, it already doesn't get any updates, so how is this different? Is the date really arbitrary? Are there any 'call home' services that won't be able to happen because BB will no longer keep their servers running? How does BlackBerry development actually work? Could super enthusiasts crowd sourcenative app dev?
    06-12-18 04:25 PM
    What are the true ramification of the 12/19 BB10 EOL? From my understanding, it already doesn't get any updates, so how is this different? Is the date really arbitrary? Are there any 'call home' services that won't be able to happen because BB will no longer keep their servers running? How does BlackBerry development actually work? Could super enthusiasts crowd sourcenative app dev?
    That's the thing -- we just don't know.
    06-12-18 05:59 PM
95 1234