Im currently a android user and I may get the passport. I have att and im getting my upgrade soon so I will be getting the rounded version. Im not a business man so I will be using the phone for everyday use. Why should I get it
    01-16-15 09:20 PM
    What apps do you use currently in your Android phone? What is your most common use for your phone? The Passport is a good phone and it has it's strengths and weakness. Depending on your usage, the weakness is sometimes trivial or sometimes it may be a deal breaker.

This topic is so broad as one's everyday use may not be the same as another's. Your usage should guide us in helping you make your decision.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:28 PM
    On subway! Someone asked me about my passport. Showed them the virtual keyboard, scrolling, editing! Then I showed her the pics and time shift photos......sold right there! She will go and get a red passport. I showed her the pic on here...loves it. Sold another one! Lol

Jaglenn's Passport
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-16-15 09:31 PM
    Im use facebook instagram and twitter alot. Dont do a alot of games. Use web alot.
    01-16-15 09:40 PM
    Dejavue
    01-16-15 09:46 PM
    Short answer: Yes.

Reasons:
    �It is simply one of the best multi-tasking devices that exists. Period. It's not just in the ring with other smart phones - we're talking laptops, tablets... this thing more than holds its own.
    �The Hub. One of the best features (arguable THE best) of BlackBerry's OS is this. All of your messages beautifully integrated and in one place. And one simple gesture from literally anywhere on your device. Inside any app, on a webpage, even on a call - swipe up and to the right and you are instantly viewing your most recent messages. Completely customizable to view your most important messages first. And with many other handy features that will make it your most efficient way to handle all your messages. Seriously, it's better than Outlook or any email client or server I have ever used before.
    �Typing is just a joy on this thing. The keyboard definitely takes some getting used to and has a severe learning period. Once you get used to it, it is an absolute joy to use. Being able to delete an entire word with a soft swipe over the keys... just feels totally natural and brilliant with how perfect it works. Also, the text prediction is very intuitive and learns certain phrases or commonly used words and makes typing faster as you go.
    �The screen. You'll just have to see one and read an article of view a webpage to believe it. It's beautiful.
    ...There are many more reasons but, truthfully, the device isn't for everyone. Specifically, if you like to use a phone with only one hand, the Passport will be too unwieldy for you. However, if you want a whole new class of device, and your primary intended use is productivity and communication. There is no equal to this beast. It's just plain awesome.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    maygetfirstbb likes this.
    01-16-15 09:48 PM
    Personal opinion. If you live by email. Yeah for sure. Otherwise probably not.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    grover5 likes this.
    01-16-15 09:48 PM
    Im currently a android user and I may get the passport. I have att and im getting my upgrade soon so I will be getting the rounded version. Im not a business man so I will be using the phone for everyday use. Why should I get it
    I've had one since launch day and honestly even though I'm a BB supporter I wouldn't get one. The phone has too many issues and probably typical for a 1st generation device. Mine just sits now as I've gone back to my Z30 or my G3 for touch screen and I've purchased a Classic when I want to use a physical keyboard.
    01-16-15 09:52 PM
    Stick with an Android, great everyday use with all the app you would need.
    01-16-15 10:01 PM
    Thats the thing I dont use email alot at all but I just love the phone. Software,the design is amazing and the assitant. Now that I can have rounded even better
    01-16-15 10:20 PM
    I use a S-5 for work, and I believe (other than the camera), is the biggest POS phone since my BlackBerry Torch. I would rather hunt down a pay phone than to use either of these steamy turds. As for the passport, it is a pretty solid phone. I came from an iPhone 5, and this phone kicks the snot out of it. See the reviews above, they spoke of the great traits. Only deficiencies: lack of native apps, camera focus, and GM-sloth-like OS updates.
    01-16-15 10:27 PM
    Thats the thing I dont use email alot at all but I just love the phone. Software,the design is amazing and the assitant. Now that I can have rounded even better
    Sounds like you don't need anyone to tell you why you should get the Passport lol

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:27 PM
    OP:
    No, you should get one for me

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-16-15 10:28 PM
    Sounds like you don't need anyone to tell you why you should get the Passport lol

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha just wondering bc I never actully held the phone but I love it from the reviews.
    01-16-15 10:48 PM
    OP is asking the wrong question... not "should I get a Passport", but "what do I use my phone for"... create a list... do I watch lots of movies? do I surf a lot? Do I play games? Are the apps I use now available on the Passport?... without answering these questions or at least list to forum members... then you get well informed advice.. on that front..I personally would not go to any smartphone forum for any device and ask what I should buy,., If you think the Passport is for you... drop into ATT when they have it and check it out.... guess what answer you are going to get... good luck with whatever you decide....
    01-16-15 11:26 PM
    Im use facebook instagram and twitter alot. Dont do a alot of games. Use web alot.
    If you use web a lot, then the Passport's browser is good. The Native Facebook app is decent but it is nowhere close to the Android version. One thing good though about facebook native app is that Messenging still works without the need for a second FB Messenger app.

Instagram has igrann and if you are not particular about what client to use igrann is again decent. Twitter also has a decent native app.

The Hub will be usefull to access all your FB, igrann and twitter accts in one location.

Games is not it's strong suit as you would more likely have to wait for the android port. Or if you have snap installed just like me, you have access to all android apps and games but not all will work.

That said, it seems that the Passport can fit your needs. Just don't expect it to be able to run every new app and games that come along.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:04 AM
    I use my passport for the same reason. I love it. The OS is a joy to operate with.

01-17-15 12:15 AM
    Hi there
    I was android user, and I switched to passport as soon as its arrived to Kuwait and never looked back.. I use it for daily drive and passport is the the only mobile i have, everything works fine Twitter, Facebook, iGrann (Instagram client) in fact with 3rd party apps you can do more than normal ones.. for example with iGrann you can download videos and photos directly from the app

With the square screen size, the reading experience is better than any other phone

And for games, there are many games available from Amazon Appstore and they run very well
    01-17-15 12:46 AM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 12:50 AM