The location service suck my battery more than 20% that sucks

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 08:21 PM
    I usually leave it off unless I have a need for it. Most of the time, I'm in a building, which probably means the signal needs to be boosted and thereby, probably drain the battery.
    01-19-17 09:46 PM
    It's only using. 03% of battery... completely negligible it seems

Posted via CB10 Passport
    A lot of good info being shared, but you answered your own question better than anyone.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-17 11:02 PM
    The location service suck my battery more than 20% that sucks

Posted via CB10
    You have an app that is using it. Settings, app mngr, app permissions, location from drop down. Deny for any app you think is the culprit.
    01-20-17 12:54 AM
    Interesting. BlackBerry even says on their website that apps can continue to use services when they need to??

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Probably about emergency location services that are activated when calling 911 or whatever the local number is. Paste from the link:

"The location-determining capability becomes functional only after dialing 911 when the network is prompted to determine the phone's location using our network and the GPS technology."

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=iEa3Glyu
    01-20-17 01:50 AM
    It really depends if you want your government tracking you within a few meters of your location and where you go during the day....I would turn it off.
    85_305 likes this.
    01-20-17 02:43 AM
    After my experience with iPhone, I keep any location services off. My work required me to move regularly from one place to another during any time and a day of the week. Have nothing to hide but after finding out that the damn thing knew where I suppose to go next and how long it takes me at the current traffic, it made me feel pretty sick! **** all, this is what I call a "tracking".

Welcome to the 21st Century! There's a growing resentment to data-slurping by everyone from carriers, ISPs, and phone manufacturers. There's even talk on another forum here of returning to flip-phones. These look kinda neat:

Should I disable location services?-flip.jpg
    85_305 likes this.
    01-20-17 03:08 AM
    It really depends if you want your government tracking you within a few meters of your location and where you go during the day....I would turn it off.
    You have to turn the phone completely off and pull the battery to do that.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-20-17 03:40 AM
    Never underestimate your opponent. I'm sure those who steal personal devices for a living are quite savvy about their street value. Hence my early statement about stealing BlackBerries: no market for them.

GPS in your phone is only a receiver. It does not transmit.
    No oponnent - but the general thief gets caught, once or more a lifetime...actually they wanna be stoped from harming others and do lay things in a way, that ****'s gonna happen...the inherent ethical system of most humans

If receiver or transmitter , what ever - you can perform an easy muscle test if its harming your brain or/and body or not

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 05:31 AM
    No oponnent - but the general thief gets caught, once or more a lifetime...actually they wanna be stoped from harming others and do lay things in a way, that ****'s gonna happen...the inherent ethical system of most humans

If receiver or transmitter , what ever - you can perform an easy muscle test if its harming your brain or/and body or not

Posted via CB10
    If a device doesn't transmit a radio signal, it can't possibly effect you with RF. However, you are bombarded with RF from everywhere.

What is your foil hat made out of? Tin or aluminum? It makes a difference
    01-20-17 08:19 AM
    If a device doesn't transmit a radio signal, it can't possibly effect you with RF. However, you are bombarded with RF from everywhere.

I use copper in mine.....

Do wonder what out world would look like if we could see RF waves.... as you said, it's everywhere today. I don't doubt it would be better not to use a cellphone. I also don't doubt it would be better if I didn't use butter on my toast or east BLT sandwiches... with the emphasis on the B.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-20-17 08:28 AM

BUT having GPS turned on always is not recommended as the additional electromagnetic fields harm brains of humans and animals ... a recent study has shown, that tumor risk grows with constant use of GPS...

Posted via CB10
    Citation for this "study"? Seems extremely unlikely, since the GPS receiver is just that--a receiver.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-20-17 04:38 PM
    Want to see too
    01-20-17 06:05 PM
    You have to turn the phone completely off and pull the battery to do that.
    So true...so true...but what's the point of turning off your phone and taking out the battery if you really want to use a cell phone? With data (GPS, location) off, how accurate can the government track you I wonder?
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-20-17 10:06 PM
    So true...so true...but what's the point of turning off your phone and taking out the battery if you really want to use a cell phone? With data (GPS, location) off, how accurate can the government track you I wonder?
    Close enough for government work, through cell tower triangulation. They used it long before GPS was offered on phones.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-20-17 10:12 PM
    Close enough for government work, through cell tower triangulation. They used it long before GPS was offered on phones.
    Very true. GPS doesn't work well in places where you can't get a clear signal from 3 or more satellites like in canyons or inside large buildings. And some areas don't have cell tower reception. So both are used in conjunction or independently.

The phrase "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" is actually true for this purpose. Emergency services uses your mobile location to find you.

As for the rest of the government, their definition of help might be different than yours.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-21-17 03:05 AM
    Welcome to the 21st Century! There's a growing resentment to data-slurping by everyone from carriers, ISPs, and phone manufacturers. There's even talk on another forum here of returning to flip-phones. These look kinda neat:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	416144
    No need for sarcasm. I know exactly what a flip phone is. They also called a "dumb phones". During my life used Nokia 7110, Ericsson GH 688, T28, Motorola V3, and a few others, my very first phone was Siemens S4 Power
    01-21-17 04:09 AM
    Yes u can disable location service when u don't need it and u can turn it back on when u want it's not a big deal

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 04:47 AM

Ok you seem to know better... so keep it on

Not laughing out loud, ...

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-21-17 08:21 AM
    As mentioned earlier - In the old days I used to have my location services turned off till needed because of battery drain. Things have become a lot more efficient nowadays, so it's on all the time.
    85_305 likes this.
    01-21-17 08:43 AM
    Right, forgot about the tower triangulation method of finding you...crap so your saying if we don't wanna be found...don't use a cell phone period. Hey what about using an old pager, can the gov still track you using that?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-21-17 08:15 PM
    Right, forgot about the tower triangulation method of finding you...crap so your saying if we don't wanna be found...don't use a cell phone period. Hey what about using an old pager, can the gov still track you using that?
    Even a pager would have to be found to receive. Once you've chosen to use the public airwaves, you've given up some rights to privacy. On the other hand, unless you are criminal, considering law enforcement's limited resources, the likelihood you'd be tracked are incredibly slim. Paranoia can be reduced with corrective hat wear.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-22-17 12:44 AM
  23. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I always disable this feature, why? I don't know it made take my batrry. Experience on bb z10

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 03:31 AM
    in all the phones i have ever owned i have never turned it off. If apps are coded correctly they will not drain your battery.

Also I dont wear tin foil hats so that aspect doesnt bother me either
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-22-17 at 08:22 AM.
    BigBadWulf and Tim-ANC like this.
    01-22-17 05:09 AM
    You don't need it on all the time, my passport has work space enabled and I don't keep location on all the time, hardly ever use GPS tho.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 11:37 AM
52 123