Hey Crackberry Community,

Hate to admit it but I've been on iOS now for 3-4 months. The last blackberry I owned was the red passport and I was actually unhappy with the feel of it compared to my old black one. A kijiji offer came about for a straight swap for an iphone 6 plus 16 gb, which I since swapped for an iphone 6 64gb. I have to say I've been pretty happy with my iPhone. I really love having every app known to man run flawlessly, and I love iMessage. Those are the two main things that have kept me with iOS, iMessage being a very important factor.

Anyways I watched some reviews on the new silver passport and I have to say it looks awesome. The passport was all in all probably my favourite phone to date, but it was missing a few key apps that annoyed me. I'm very tempted to buy one from Crackberry with that $100 + free accessories deal, but should I buy one? Why would blackberry release an identical phone just in a different colour and style almost a full year later? With all this talk about an Android Slider on its way, or a new blackberry device in general, shouldn't I just wait? And if they do in fact release a new phone why would they launch the silver passport so close to the release date of a new one to replace it. Thanks
    09-12-15 10:57 PM
    If you didn't keep your original or red PP you aren't going to keep the SE.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 11:07 PM
    Only you would know the answer!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-12-15 11:10 PM
    I really love having every app known to man run flawlessly, and I love iMessage. Those are the two main things that have kept me with iOS, iMessage being a very important factor.
    Passport (or any BB10 devices for that particular matter) is probably not for you... regardless its edition...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-12-15 11:32 PM
    Stay where you are. You have already convinced yourself. Having had the Black and Red Passports, I can tell you that there is no difference between them other than the feel of the back covers. All other metrics are the same. Perhaps you really wanted iPhone all along and just needed an out.

Stick with what you like, don't waste your money on something you'll just trade away later on.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-13-15 12:01 AM
    I went from a black passport to an iphone 6 (mostly for carplay) then back to SE passport and I love it. IMHO the SE is a different and much better phone than the original. The iphone was fun but was missing all the things I love about BlackBerry. It's a very personal choice.

Posted via CB10
    Montmartre and FF22 like this.
    09-13-15 12:44 AM
    I don't think you should make the switch. The SE Passport is still... a Passport. Even though BlackBerry has improved some minor things, I highly doubt anybody who disliked the original Passport suddenly falls in love with the SE.
    Your core complain regarding apps will remain, even though the Android runtime again has improved with 10.3.2

As for your question why BlackBerry has released this Silver Edition almost a year after the initial launch. Nobody knows. There was a rumour BlackBerry wanted to test some internal elements used in the upcoming slider and released that special edition of the Passport doing so. I don't believe it personally.
    09-13-15 01:55 AM
    Best solution. Have both phones.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    BBRYQ10 and Rob Melanson like this.
    09-13-15 02:36 AM
    BlackBerry cannot afford to do experiment now or anything that will 'bleed' cost. The only logical reason why they released the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is to deplete old stock hardware inventories.

Going back to main topic, as what others have said, the Silver Edition is exactly the same as the Original Version in terms of functionalities and capabilities... you will probably end up having the same disappointment...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 09-13-15 at 06:08 AM.
    09-13-15 02:37 AM
    If your a person who just plays games and downloads 100s of worthless apps, then you need to stick to the iOS. If you didn't like the Red Passport, why would you like the SE. I dumped my Red for the SE and love the SE, but I loved my Red too. The softer keys of the SE was a big seller for me. Other than that, the differences between the two is minimal.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:09 AM
    Hey Crackberry Community,

Hate to admit it but I've been on iOS now for 3-4 months. The last blackberry I owned was the red passport and I was actually unhappy with the feel of it compared to my old black one. A kijiji offer came about for a straight swap for an iphone 6 plus 16 gb, which I since swapped for an iphone 6 64gb. I have to say I've been pretty happy with my iPhone. I really love having every app known to man run flawlessly, and I love iMessage. Those are the two main things that have kept me with iOS, iMessage being a very important factor.
    Keep your iphone. You seem to be happy with it. What you are feeling is what is known in the guitar world as G.A.S (aka Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Feel and form factor aside, The Passport and iPhone are two different beasts. Save yourself time, money and grief. Maybe you want to consider the new iPhone 6 plus S. It seems more up your alley.

Cheers
    09-13-15 07:23 AM
    Just like the other poster says here, stick with your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 07:39 AM
    As many have posted already. Looks like you had convinced yourself. Stay on your IP6. I had briefly gone from my Black Passport to regular ip6. The battery life didn't pan out for me, I returned ip6 to the Apple Store and went ahead and grabbed a Silver Passport. It's all about personal preference.

Posted via  Passport Silver Edition
    09-13-15 08:42 AM
    Sounds like you're better off sticking with the iPhone.
    Also, I don't believe they have the +$100 free accessory bundle anymore.
    09-13-15 09:20 AM
    As many have posted already. Looks like you had convinced yourself. Stay on your IP6. I had briefly gone from my Black Passport to regular ip6. The battery life didn't pan out for me, I returned ip6 to the Apple Store and went ahead and grabbed a Silver Passport. It's all about personal preference.

Posted via  Passport Silver Edition
    "The mob is fickle" - Gladiator

With all of the positive praise and reasons for loving the iOS and iP6, I don't think you can blame us for steering you in that direction. However, you are correct. It is personal preference. Unfortunately, we as forum participants run into a lot of posts that read "Help me decide" or "Convince me why" I should choose "insert device". Regardless of how much incredible information is on the total sum of the Mobile Nations sites.

Anyway, the Passport SE looks like a beautiful device. I would not mind it myself if I already didn't have my AT&T variant and Classic. May it fulfill your needs and may you be happy with it...

Enjoy
    09-13-15 09:34 AM
    So as to not quote your entire post OP, I would say to stay with the iphone. I think everyone who has used an iPhone understands the allure of having one.

I personally use my Passport as my driver and use my 6Plus for the apps that don't work on it.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-13-15 09:41 AM
    Best solution. Have both phones.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage

That's what I did, and I love it! The passport SE is my phone and I use the iphone with a data sim as my entertainment device. It's the best of both worlds, enjoying the strengths of both units with none of the compromises.
    09-13-15 11:13 AM
    Funny, that's what I did! The blackberry is my phone and I use the iPhone with a data sim as my entertainment device. It's the best of both worlds.
    I think that's what I'm going to do. Is the sim card the same?

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-13-15 11:16 AM
    I think that's what I'm going to do. Is the sim card the same?

Yes, it's a nano sim.
    09-13-15 11:22 AM
    One must be a real knucklehead to purchase a Passport again after selling one in the past already due to personal incompatibility.
    09-14-15 04:50 AM
    just wait and see what all the buzz is about,lol
    09-14-15 05:10 AM
    One must be a real knucklehead to purchase a Passport again after selling one in the past already due to personal incompatibility.
    Well I guess everybody has his heads and knuckles on the surface of this planet

@ stay with your iphone!...and make a donation with the money set aside to a good thing!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 05:48 AM
    I am a Z10 user and now I got the new Passport SE last month, I did not want to go for the slider without experiencing this form factor so I had to get it before the slider came out as it may be the last BB10 if android is blackberry's next phone
    09-14-15 10:13 AM
    wouldn't call myself a knucklehead when I've profited off of each kijiji swap. I said from the beginning the passport is my favourite phone minus a few key apps I like. My question was is it justifiable to buy a silver passport when there could be one on the way considering most new smartphones are launched in the fall
    09-14-15 05:13 PM
    I sold my first Passport within a week of owing it. I did make some profit on it and did find the phone was not suitable or comfortable for my needs. This was last October when it was launched here in Australia.

Fast forward two months, I missed the physical keyboard and Passport, thanks to some YouTube videos and purchased my second Passport in January. Sold my primary Android phone and BlackBerry Classic in the meantime. It's been 9 months now and counting. Passport has been my main phone ever since.

My only advice, give the phone a month. That's what you need to as a learning curve. After I got used to it, I hardly missed anything. And yes another thing is, if you're into flashy apps, then probably BlackBerry may not be the platform for you.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    09-15-15 05:49 AM
34 12