I can afford it's but usually hold off, prices usually drop after a fee months. And bugs or reiterations of the phones are usually made.

Surely the first buyers of the first Z10s will agree...

I've a new Q10 I received less than a month ago as a replacement unit, cant even find a buyer for more than 100 Euros.....
    True story.
    09-26-14 08:43 PM

I'm sorry, do you do provide anything to BlackBerry for them to pay you wages and in turn pay your bills?
    Posted via CB10
    Their employees did provide something and got laid off. You are defending a corporation whose only reason to exist is making money for their shareholders. The price will fall soon as it has happened with all the models released before, successful or not.
    09-26-14 09:11 PM
    Well it's currently sold out anyway even if you wanted to buy now. LOL. However I see your point. My opinion is to wait a while and see public's( early adopters) reception towards the device. If it's as good as most of the posts on this forum, then we'd probably won't see much devices being returned (like Z10?) or the price slash just to get rid of inventory. Also, we'd be informed of any possible 'issues' with this device thanks to the early buyers. As for price going up, I doubt it. A year later? Yes it would go down as most phone models do.

TL;DR. If the price suits you( for its specs or whatever), buy it. If not, wait till it gets there( which will eventually).
    09-26-14 09:59 PM
    Their employees did provide something and got laid off. You are defending a corporation whose only reason to exist is making money for their shareholders. The price will fall soon as it has happened with all the models released before, successful or not.
    I'm not defending anyone or anything. I'm simply debating the fact of how silly some users thought process is on this forum.

They complain if the specs are low, they complain if the price is fair for high specs (yes, the price is fair for the specs, this isn't debatable), they'll complain if the handset division goes under if BlackBerry can't make it profitable again. They also complain there's no new leak, that the leak they loaded is full of bugs or doesn't work properly, that they can't get Blend to work on a leak, that the prices dive months after they buy, that BlackBerry has to write off a massive loss because they couldn't sell stock; and on, and on.

So seriously, is there anything some users here aren't going to cry about?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:39 PM
    I'm not defending anyone or anything. I'm simply debating the fact of how silly some users thought process is on this forum.

They complain if the specs are low, they complain if the price is fair for high specs (yes, the price is fair for the specs, this isn't debatable), they'll complain if the handset division goes under if BlackBerry can't make it profitable again. They also complain there's no new leak, that the leak they loaded is full of bugs or doesn't work properly, that they can't get Blend to work on a leak, that the prices dive months after they buy, that BlackBerry has to write off a massive loss because they couldn't sell stock; and on, and on.

So seriously, is there anything some users here aren't going to cry about?

Posted via CB10
    Read OP post again. No complaining there. At all.
    09-26-14 10:49 PM
    How about a friendly bet? You define what shortly means. Whoever loses apologizes by starting a new thread.

You are mistaking the screw up under TH on inventory build up. Hasn't happened to Z3 and won't happen to PP.

It will drop normally. So yeah, if you want to wait for 6 months sure wait.

Above was what I was going to post before 8am quarterly con call.

I guess hard to take that bet now that BlackBerry have announced a number already.

Learn this lesson, and learn it well my friends. The days of big discounts within months of a release are a thing of the past.

They will manage the inventory very well. And you can see the Z3 impact as well. The gross margin increased to 47.5%.

What this means is they will take less sales for higher profit margin and for protecting the brand.

And as a shareholder that makes me happy.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I have to take back what I suggested yesterday. In fact, if you see the forums here, I already ordered my Passport. This device really appears to be different than before. Based on the earnings reports today, you can also expect the price of the Passport to hold pretty steady for at least a few months.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-26-14 11:01 PM
    Get it now!

The price won't come down for a while... in fact, in the U.S. it will go up after they take away the $100 discount.

I got mine and it is worth every penny... I would hate to have to wait for this thing. It's an amazing piece of technology. The keyboard is so fun and useful, and it's so much more than just some gimmicky feature.

I love my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:04 PM
    Read OP post again. No complaining there. At all.
    Read all my posts again; I didn't say he complained, and he wasn't the only person I responded to either.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:09 PM
    It depends on how bad you want it I guess.
    I really want it too but can't afford it. So I'll wait a bit. Maybe in 6months, it'll come down or not...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:24 PM
    That's what i also think, specially with the iPhone being just 50 above it.
    I think by the end of October it will be 499
    LOL, You mean the Smallest model Iphone, in memory and size, which has less ram, less PPI, the NFC is nerfed, its only there to entrech users further into their ecosystem, it has no expandable memory, you are not free to drag and drop your own files, nothing innovative about it ( well actually, if you turn it upside down, you have an iphone 9, i guess thats pretty cool ). I am buying the passport strictly because it is actually the first smartphone in years that has tried something new, im not just talking about the square screen< the touch enabled keyboard is the first truly new thing tried on a phone in years. Not to mention the huge battery, standard usb plug, and the enterprise aspects.

I think apple is digging its own grave the same way black berry did, so many iphone users i know are so annoyed at its limitations now, i guess because they have grown up. Enjoy your toy, im going to enjoy my tool.
    09-26-14 11:42 PM
    Can't we just love the blackberry without hating all the other brands (particularly apple) ? The levels of fanboyism can be nauseating at times...

That being said, BB has completely no ecosystem of its own. Apple has its own as we know, Android is tied to Google which has apps search maps etc..windows has its own storage system (generous I've a free 30gb) maps on Nokia, word note etc.

Blackberry has....?
    09-28-14 03:36 PM
    Do you think the price of the Passport will go down quickly?

I think with the iPhone flagship release at only 50 dollars more than the Passport they will have to get their price down to make some sells, like 499 or something, so maybe is kinda pointless to buy it right now when i can just wait for a little bit and get it for less, what do you say?
    it depends on 2 things
    1.how much do you want it
    2.can you afford to buy it now
    09-28-14 04:13 PM
    Like a lot of things, how much does the use of the product for 6 month worth to you?
    There is no stopping the depreciation of electronics and computers; technology advance at an amazing rate.
    I bought lots of things when it first came out, but the joy of using these products are well worth their depreciation.
    09-28-14 07:38 PM
    Best phone on the market and priced better than the competition. What was the question again?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:45 PM
    The price won't drop in the near future.

It is very obvious Blackberry, especially with this device is targeting corporate and business users.

Many companies will be subsidizing the hardware. Plus the device sold out on launch. I don't see them doing discounts for awhile. Better try to make friends with some BBRY employees.
    j_the_p likes this.
    09-28-14 07:46 PM
    If you buy now, you may pay more up front but get support for a reasonable period by a company that continues to exist.

If you buy cheaper later, you will be buying a fire sale item which will not be supported because the company was sold for parts because some people decided to wait it out.

You may also want to look into estate sales. It's basically the same concept you're applying.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:44 PM
    Read all my posts again; I didn't say he complained, and he wasn't the only person I responded to either.

Posted via CB10
    Read your post again. You complained even at those topics not related to the thread. ==
    09-29-14 12:49 PM
    What was the discount code again? Is it still valid?
    11-05-14 01:00 PM
    I'm thinking the Passport will eventually go back up to 700 use, right?

I'd get the Passport now. Hopefully manufacturing defects have been worked out at this point. Price won't be going down for awhile with these specs and the fact that it hasn't released stateside yet (through a carrier).

Plus, why not get it now to support BB?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 01:02 PM
    That depends. Do you want to support BlackBerry or help bury the handset division so they never make another BlackBerry phone?

Posted via CB10
    I would wait then.
    If BlackBerry needs to be treated like a charity so that they can stay in the business, it basically means that the market thinks that they are uncompetitive and undeserving of a future existence.

Plus, why not get it now to support BB?

Posted via CB10
    Because they don't deserve that kind of support.
    They are neither a charity nor a non-profit trying to resolve humanitarian issues.

If they can't succeed in the marketplace, then they should leave it.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 01:08 PM
    Do you need it? Do you LOVE it? Your answer is here !

Posted from my Passport
    11-05-14 01:09 PM
    Do you think the price of the Passport will go down quickly?
    No, don't think the price will go down any time soon.
    11-05-14 01:15 PM
    I would wait then.
    If BlackBerry needs to be treated like a charity so that they can stay in the business, it basically means that the market thinks that they are uncompetitive and undeserving of a future existence.

Because they don't deserve that kind of support.
    They are neither a charity nor a non-profit trying to resolve humanitarian issues.

If they can't succeed in the marketplace, then they should leave it.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever heard of voting with your wallet?

Anyway, you're right. You don't owe BlackBerry anything. No consumers do. But if you like BlackBerry and what they've done with the Passport and the trajectory in which they're moving as a company and are counting on purchasing BlackBerry phones for years to come...why not (if you can afford it)? It's a hell of a phone for the money.

I don't pledge loyalty to any manufacturer in the world. I just buy what I enjoy using. Crackberry knows that I complain enough about BlackBerry and their products. Certainly not a blind follower.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 11-06-14 at 07:06 AM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-05-14 02:41 PM
    ^
    That's the right mindset imho.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 02:52 PM
49 12