08-28-17 05:11 PM
93 1234
tools
    Not sure why you'd think a passport has better call quality than an iPhone. Apple probably spends more testing the call quality on the iPhone than blackberry spends on all its r & d. Lol.

My mother and my wife both have iPhones. I have a passport. I have a Google pixel. I can't see where the passport does any better on the calls.

I do enjoy the passport for emailing. Yeah. But it feels slow compared to my Pixel. The interface that is.
    The iPhone 7 has only one microphone.

My Passport has way better call quality than my iPhone 7, without a doubt. There is no comparison.

My Classic has worse quality, but better microphone quality for those on the other end of my calls.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 03:59 PM
    Dude! Get a Passport!!! I didn't over use the exclamation point!!!
    All the things you pointed out are what the Passport excels in. There is no comparison to text input and editing like on the Passport.

The call quality is superb and the stereo speakers are the best.

Multitasking is amazing and document viewing is unparalleled on the wide screen.
    The file system is best in the industry and to compliment cloud storage access get playcloud from the Blackberry World Store.

Emails on the Passport is also untouchable and best in class.

Battery life is still the best. It sounds like it compares to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ

When inputting text there is no better feeling then knowing what you have typed is correct.
    If you do take the plunge you can msg me here and I will help you out.

Sorry.... This post was after four glasses of wine 🍷..........
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-06-17 at 06:09 PM.
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-06-17 05:37 PM
    Yes do. It is the best BB10 smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 12:37 AM
    The iPhone 7 has only one microphone.

My Passport has way better call quality than my iPhone 7, without a doubt. There is no comparison.

My Classic has worse quality, but better microphone quality for those on the other end of my calls.

Posted via CB10
    Apple has always done more with less. Less MHz CPU, less cores, less Ram, and still outbenchmarks most all other phones while having lower specs. So while I am sure it varies user to user and according to their network etc, the microphone "count" is probably not the only factor.
    07-07-17 08:56 PM
    Apple has always done more with less. Less MHz CPU, less cores, less Ram, and still outbenchmarks most all other phones while having lower specs. So while I am sure it varies user to user and according to their network etc, the microphone "count" is probably not the only factor.
    Actually, since the last years, Apple use the more powerful CPU for mobile. Their A10 fusion outperforms the Snapdragon 821, maybe even the 835.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 07:38 AM
    My experience has been that Passport will not disappoint for call quality, texting or emailing.
    07-08-17 08:57 AM
    Actually, since the last years, Apple use the more powerful CPU for mobile. Their A10 fusion outperforms the Snapdragon 821, maybe even the 835.

Posted via CB10
    Longer than that actually,

http://gizmodo.com/iphone-a7-chip-be...s-e-1350717023
    07-08-17 10:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. That's my point. Apple cpus only use a couple of cores. What 4 now whereas competitors have like 8.
    07-08-17 12:29 PM
    Q10, because you can easily replace the battery without taking the device apart. Passport if you don't mind taking it apart to get the battery replaced, which is a common thing for apple users anyways.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    07-08-17 03:10 PM
    Even better, get a Classic instead. I've owned all three phones. And whenever I go back to the Q10, I have to keep swiping up to close a window or otherwise use glass more. The toolbelt is better to have. But I moved onto my Passport SE because I wanted more power and the bigger screen, without the lag of the Q10 or Classic.
    07-08-17 03:24 PM
    Looks like Kimber Smith-Fidler hasn't replied or given us an update to whether he's made up his mind or not. I'll say that if you're looking for a QWERTY phone that isn't Android, then the BlackBerry Passport is the only way to go. I guess I could also mention the Classic which has a trackpad and fourth row of keys, but it's also got a much smaller screen and much weaker processor.
    07-08-17 10:18 PM
    Yes!
    Best phone ever!
    Battery life is great,
    OS is smooth as butter
    Typing is super quick If you can master the swipe
    Otherwise typings I pretty good... for a large keyboard...
    Hub is excellent
    Build quality on the silver is rock solid.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 11:13 PM
    Yeah i just did. It's brilliant

Posted via Blackberry Passport silver Edition
    07-11-17 04:21 PM
    Passport is the best blackberry I've ever owned. I also have the priv but it can't compare to the passport for emailing and typing. the passport is a communication machine. I just hope that the android version of the hub catches up soon. it's too Laggy right now. Love my passport.
    07-11-17 10:55 PM
    Personally I only use my phone for email, texting, calls, pictures and light Web browsing and a music player. I have the Q10 and it works for that perfectly fine. I honestly prefer to have a "basic" phone that does basic stuff well. Hardly any android phone can say it's this simple to use and performs basic functions as if blind monkeys could do them.
    07-11-17 11:05 PM
    If you only want it for calls texts and emails, I really can't think of a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 05:27 AM
    Go for passport. It's an excellent device. Once you use passport, you won't like any other phone. Believe me. It's difficult to shift from passport to any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 01:56 PM
    Never drops a call. Even in rural areas.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    07-13-17 01:19 PM
    Passport is a joy to use, calls, emails, SMS, etc... android runtime is 4.3 long in the tooth, requires large pocket

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 01:53 PM
    Get white passport!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    07-13-17 04:04 PM
    Hi OP
    I read a lot of comments saying that the call quality on BB10 is as good or better than their iOS or Android counterpart.

That simply isn't true

BB10 won't be getting any upgrades anymore... and carriers are launching VoLTE on a massive scale. Call quality on VoLTE are infinitely better than on a traditional cellphone and unfortunately BB10 won't be upgraded to support it.

By next year, you'll be stuck with people asking you: why is the call quality so bad when I speak to you? You'll have to answer: it's because you're calling me on my BB10 phone
    07-13-17 04:12 PM
    Hi OP
    I read a lot of comments saying that the call quality on BB10 is as good or better than their iOS or Android counterpart.

That simply isn't true

BB10 won't be getting any upgrades anymore... and carriers are launching VoLTE on a massive scale. Call quality on VoLTE are infinitely better than on a traditional cellphone and unfortunately BB10 won't be upgraded to support it.

By next year, you'll be stuck with people asking you: why is the call quality so bad when I speak to you? You'll have to answer: it's because you're calling me on my BB10 phone
    If I remember correctly, BB10 10.3.3 allowed me to enable VOLTE for TMobile. I have cricket now so they don't support VOLTE yet.
    07-13-17 04:41 PM
    Am on T-Mobile with Passport SE on 10.3.3.2205, kindly tell me how as I cannot find it in Settings

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 05:43 PM
    Hi OP

That simply isn't true

Next year? A Passport is a $200 investment. If you are right, not much is lost. In the meantime, the call quality is better. Build quality is better.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 10:02 PM
    It's still my daily driver, and there's still lots to love, in spite of the looming end of life.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    07-13-17 10:47 PM
93 1234