Hello. I live in Australia about 4-5 months a year, the US the rest of the time. In Australia, I need a phone with great voice/call quality, email capability, document review and texting. I have an iPhone 6s that can connect to WiFi for more personal use and apps, and it will stay on the US phone network. I used to have a BB years ago, loved the quality and went to Apple because it worked pretty seamlessly with my tablet and computer. I don't want to buy another iPhone and honestly, for what I need (business communications), I'd like a phone with better call quality than Apple. And also, I really can't stand Android. That said, I keep seeing that BB OS is dead. Should I look elsewhere, or would a Passport be a good answer for me?
    06-27-17 03:34 PM
    I t won't get anymore updates, the Andyroids apps that were able to be kluged/sideloaded, and if you could load directly, sometimes, they never appeared to finish installing to become functional.

If you can find a good unit cheap, go for it, eventually, you will go either IOS/Andyroids.

Look here for maybe a gently used device to see if this path will work for you.

https://swappa.com/search?q=blackber...UvbUpU12942010

Good pricing, and from what I hear, real good support if you have issues with the device you purchased.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-27-17 03:54 PM
    My advice, if you want to dip your toe in the waters of BB10, would be to get a Q10. It deals admirably with all you desire, and costs a lot less than the for the full BB10 experience. Many also prefer the Q10 keyboard over PP, me included. Screen will seem small at first though, if coming from a modern phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 05:00 PM
    I plan on getting my mom a classic to be used as a dumb phone.
    06-27-17 06:26 PM
    If you don't care about the apps, it's excellent choice if you ask me.
    06-27-17 06:49 PM
    Depends on how portable you want your phone to be. I like Q10, good for work and weekends. if you're in a suit most of the time, Passport is fine. it's Wheaton carry the Passport in shorts and loose light clothing, it becomes a monster to luge around.
    06-27-17 06:56 PM
    My advice, if you want to dip your toe in the waters of BB10, would be to get a Q10. It deals admirably with all you desire, and costs a lot less than the for the full BB10 experience. Many also prefer the Q10 keyboard over PP, me included. Screen will seem small at first though, if coming from a modern phone.

Posted via CB10
    Passport is way more fun. It's the best BB10 experience around. Cost isn't that different these days, is it? I'd get a Passport. It's a classic handset.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-27-17 11:12 PM
    Yeah, for texting, calling and email it's a solid device.

Just don't expect much more than that. It's pretty much abandoned at this point.

If you can get one cheap, it's a nice device.
    06-27-17 11:21 PM
    Go for it. There's plenty of life in the Passport. Big, sharp screen, great stereo speakers, great call quality, really satisfying physical keyboard.

It's still the best for email, text messaging etc in the hub. App situation isn't as bad as some say if you put some effort in. I think you'll like it.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 12:12 AM
    Voice and reception quality exceeds the market today as far as I know.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-28-17 10:59 AM
    Coming from a Iphone 5S, I am asking if I will be able to run apps like Waze, Clevertaxi, 9gag, WhatsApp on the Passport.I don't care about facebook.I heard that for YouTube there is a pretty good app for it.
    Also, I am interested to know how Skype runs on the BB PP.
    And also I am very interesting to know how the browsing feels like these days on the Passport.
    Here in my country it costs around 250 euros for a new one, black edition and I would buy it if I would have the confort of those apps.
    06-28-17 11:20 AM
    I would say go for it OP, especially if you are going to have your iPhone for any app gap that you may run into.

The combo that I'm currently using is the Passport and 7Plus. I feel like it's the best of both worlds. It's sometimes a hassle to lug those two huge phone around, but it's really not that bad.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    06-28-17 11:44 AM
    yes

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-28-17 11:45 AM
    Coming from a Iphone 5S, I am asking if I will be able to run apps like Waze, Clevertaxi, 9gag, WhatsApp on the Passport.I don't care about facebook.I heard that for YouTube there is a pretty good app for it.
    Also, I am interested to know how Skype runs on the BB PP.
    And also I am very interesting to know how the browsing feels like these days on the Passport.
    Here in my country it costs around 250 euros for a new one, black edition and I would buy it if I would have the confort of those apps.
    Forget it
    06-28-17 12:14 PM
    If you don't care about the apps, it's excellent choice if you ask me.
    I will add to that, it is a BEAST of a music player, especially with some good headphones!

Passport is practically a case study in well-built phone hardware. It was the app support that drove me away, nothing more. I would have loved to have kept that phone for 3 years as my primary.
    06-28-17 12:50 PM
    So I have no chance for it to run those simple apps?Nothing more.Those are apps for day to day use.
    06-28-17 12:52 PM
    So I have no chance for it to run those simple apps?Nothing more.Those are apps for day to day use.
    It's a moribund platform and app support will only get worse. If it can't be done on a BB10 device immediately out of the box then it's essentially a lost cause.
    06-28-17 12:57 PM
    Damn...There goes my excitement about the Passport.
    06-28-17 01:05 PM
    If you have a second device you are willing to use for apps, the Passport is a dream for work and communications. Don't let any trolls convince you otherwise. Call quality is perfect. Get an etymotic bluetooth headset and it is as good as a landline. Really.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 02:48 PM
    It's a moribund platform and app support will only get worse. If it can't be done on a BB10 device immediately out of the box then it's essentially a lost cause.
    Did you read his post? He wants communication and has a second phone for apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 02:49 PM
    Did you read his post? He wants communication and has a second phone for apps.

Posted via CB10
    Not the person he replied to who isn't the OP.
    06-28-17 03:33 PM
    Great advice and good conversation. Thanks, everyone. I will look at the q10, but what I like about the passport is its size for email review and clarity. I saw one available for under $200US and I think I'll go ahead and buy it.
    BigAl_BB9900 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-28-17 04:25 PM
    My regular phone is a Priv which I love.
    But I still often use my Passport at home for the things you mention as well as for browsing, music, etc.
    And every time I pick it up, I marvel at what a fantastic device it is. Brilliant screen, wonderful keyboard, superb build and above all a unique design classic.
    For the uses you mention, I'd thoroughly recommend it.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-28-17 04:29 PM
    Great advice and good conversation. Thanks, everyone. I will look at the q10, but what I like about the passport is its size for email review and clarity. I saw one available for under $200US and I think I'll go ahead and buy it.
    The Q10 is great in a lot of ways. It is possible to use it one-handed to a limited degree, which you can forget with the passport, unless you're 6'10'' or something. If you value screen real-estate though, the Passport wins hands-down, provided your use case allows for two-handed operation. That screen is absolutely incredible, for reviewing webpages, emails and other documents.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 04:34 PM
    Hello. I live in Australia about 4-5 months a year, the US the rest of the time. In Australia, I need a phone with great voice/call quality, email capability, document review and texting. I have an iPhone 6s that can connect to WiFi for more personal use and apps, and it will stay on the US phone network. I used to have a BB years ago, loved the quality and went to Apple because it worked pretty seamlessly with my tablet and computer. I don't want to buy another iPhone and honestly, for what I need (business communications), I'd like a phone with better call quality than Apple. And also, I really can't stand Android. That said, I keep seeing that BB OS is dead. Should I look elsewhere, or would a Passport be a good answer for me?
    If you want to get a solid phone than the Passport is it, it still runs most anything thrown at it with very little issues. Colbalts playstore still performs perfectly and will load most all of the droid apps, they just are slower to load.
    06-28-17 05:40 PM
92 123 ...