05-19-15 12:34 PM
93 ... 234
tools
    Hmmmm it appears some are saying the double type thing is software rather than hardware.

If this is correct then I would give the device a buy recommendation as the next update is likely on its way and should address the double type issue

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:12 PM
    I have the lifting screen issue but it's my own fault since I carry it in my back pocket and bent the frame a little... dabbed a little super glue and the screen has been back in place for about a month now.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 12:12 PM
    Had no issues bought from amazon, don't trust digital river for passport personally.

Did buy play book three years ago still perfect.
    05-12-15 03:10 PM
    Go for it. I have none of these reported issues

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    05-13-15 08:51 AM
    Just out of curiosity, how can an individual end up with SIX identical phones... @drano
    They don't call it Crackberry for nothing.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-13-15 10:02 AM
    Double typing started this week. Cc and d and b are the culprits thus far. W/ c being the worst offender.

Guess I'll call AT&T about a replacement.

Passport & Z30 & Q10 Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    05-16-15 11:21 AM
    No flickering since a few OTA updates ago. No double typing. No lifting. I've been using it since November 2014.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.680 / Telus
    05-16-15 12:03 PM
    I'm about to order a Red Model at SB - are all these issues across the board with all variants or mostly on the black model?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:54 PM
    Bought my red special edition passport through shopblackberry and have had zero issues with it

Posted via Special Edition Red Passport
    MrVeda likes this.
    05-16-15 04:43 PM
    Thanks! Good to know! How long ago did you buy it? Do you have a case on it also or use it without?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:45 PM
    Never had a double typing issue honestly. The screen hasn't lifted yet, I have my device since launched in October. Screen flickering issue has been resolved for a while now..

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 05:53 PM
    Once upon a time a property was sold as a rental business from one landlord to another. The seller was effectively an absentee landlord, probably in the middle of a nervous breakdown and had two tenants who saw his vulnerability and took full advantage of the fact he just couldn't face dealing with it, in the process getting away with not paying any rent for over a year.

When the new landlord took over, these two tenants tried the same with him. They'd got used to their most outrageous mutually contradictory stream of bare-faced lies going unchallenged and evidently expected their new landlord to continue in the same vein as their last.

They even claimed to have paid six months rent in advance to the previous landlord, gambling that it would prove impractical to verify such a claim, or that the new landlord would just accept it without checking.

They were wrong. The new landlord did check, quickly exposed their lies and responded with a polite letter re-affirming the terms of their contracts.

The two tenants were outraged that the landlord should have the audacity to call them out on their dishonesty and spent the remainder of their tenancies doing everything they could to cause as many problems as possible. Gas burners were left on 24/7, furniture and fittings were stolen, endless abuse on the phone. When they were finally evicted not long afterwards, one of them even left the walls smeared in (presumably his own) excrement and the floor soaked in urine.

Moral of the story: the most indignant and outraged disgruntled customers are usually the ones who know they caused the problem themselves and are angry at their supplier/service provider/landlord/whatever for being so "rude" as to see it for what it really is.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 08:17 PM
    If any of us waits for a phone to be introduced that has no issues voiced on Internet forums, we will be using the fax machine to communicate.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and sunnys1 like this.
    05-17-15 08:32 PM
    If any of us waits for a phone to be introduced that has no issues voiced on Internet forums, we will be using the fax machine to communicate.

Posted via CB10
    Our fax machine developed issues over time as well.

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-18-15 08:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nokia 3310.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:12 AM
    Once upon a time a property was sold as a rental business from one landlord to another. The seller was effectively an absentee landlord, probably in the middle of a nervous breakdown and had two tenants who saw his vulnerability and took full advantage of the fact he just couldn't face dealing with it, in the process getting away with not paying any rent for over a year.

When the new landlord took over, these two tenants tried the same with him. They'd got used to their most outrageous mutually contradictory stream of bare-faced lies going unchallenged and evidently expected their new landlord to continue in the same vein as their last.

They even claimed to have paid six months rent in advance to the previous landlord, gambling that it would prove impractical to verify such a claim, or that the new landlord would just accept it without checking.

They were wrong. The new landlord did check, quickly exposed their lies and responded with a polite letter re-affirming the terms of their contracts.

The two tenants were outraged that the landlord should have the audacity to call them out on their dishonesty and spent the remainder of their tenancies doing everything they could to cause as many problems as possible. Gas burners were left on 24/7, furniture and fittings were stolen, endless abuse on the phone. When they were finally evicted not long afterwards, one of them even left the walls smeared in (presumably his own) excrement and the floor soaked in urine.

Moral of the story: the most indignant and outraged disgruntled customers are usually the ones who know they caused the problem themselves and are angry at their supplier/service provider/landlord/whatever for being so "rude" as to see it for what it really is.

Posted via CB10
    You can make a story for an situation.

Once upon a time there was an old lady with a toyota prius. She noticed one of the wheels wobbling and asked for advice from the garage she bought it from. Salesman told her to stop complaining and that she was an *****.
    On her way to see her newly born granddaughter her wheel came off on the motorway, causing the car to smash into the barrier and killed the old lady on impact.
    She never got to see her newly born grand daughter.

Moral of the story; always ask for more than one opinion, especially when that person your asking is obviously going to be biased. Voice your concerns and make sure they are understood, else it could cost you heavily.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:20 AM
    You can make a story for an situation.

Once upon a time there was an old lady with a toyota prius. She noticed one of the wheels wobbling and asked for advice from the garage she bought it from. Salesman told her to stop complaining and that she was an *****.
    On her way to see her newly born granddaughter her wheel came off on the motorway, causing the car to smash into the barrier and killed the old lady on impact.
    She never got to see her newly born grand daughter.

Moral of the story; always ask for more than one opinion, especially when that person your asking is obviously going to be biased. Voice your concerns and make sure they are understood, else it could cost you heavily.

Posted via CB10
    Never would have happened if she'd bought a proper, Canadian car.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 likes this.
    05-18-15 09:16 AM
    Hi all,

sorry for another "should I buy" thread. I'm finally in a position where I can buy a Passport (on Thursday!) But, right before I pull the trigger I'm trying to be sensible and I have some questions.

How bad are the double type, screen flicker and screen lifting problems? Is this a device you see lasting 2 years? I'm coming from a Q10 and for 2 years it has been SOLID (with a little double typing).

How do you find the size of the passport for carrying around in your jeans' pocket? Nights out with it etc?

Any thing else to consider?

I'm happy with my Q10 but find the battery isn't good enough anymore and it's a little laggy at times (but not common). Is the passport a lot quicker?

Cheers!
    Yes I thnk you should still get one. These are only isolated issues which can happen with all electronic devices. You just get to hear about them on this forum. But in essence all manufactured devices can have lemons. I got mine directly from ROGERS Wireless AND have had no issues whatsoever. In all honesty I have had NO ISSSUES at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-19-15 12:34 PM
93 ... 234