05-19-15 12:34 PM
93 1234
tools
    I love my BB-Passport. I have not experience any issues with my current Passport- but the first one (which I had replaced) was giving me a lot of problems. The replacement has been great from day one. The reason for mentioning that- is, if you have experiencing any issues with it, you can have it replaced. I have used the Z10, Q10, Z30 and BB-Passport. The BB-Passport wins hands down on everything but the viewing of videos (Full screen is not full screen if you catch my drift)... One more thing- it does not matter what anyone tells you in here, until you get the device yourself and experience it for yourself.
    Have a great day and good luck!!!
    05-06-15 02:36 PM
    Got double typing, bought it at launch from amazon.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:39 PM
    Just out of curiosity, how can an individual end up with SIX identical phones... @drano
    05-06-15 02:50 PM
    Hi all,

sorry for another "should I buy" thread. I'm finally in a position where I can buy a Passport (on Thursday!) But, right before I pull the trigger I'm trying to be sensible and I have some questions.

How bad are the double type, screen flicker and screen lifting problems? Is this a device you see lasting 2 years? I'm coming from a Q10 and for 2 years it has been SOLID (with a little double typing).

How do you find the size of the passport for carrying around in your jeans' pocket? Nights out with it etc?

Any thing else to consider?

I'm happy with my Q10 but find the battery isn't good enough anymore and it's a little laggy at times (but not common). Is the passport a lot quicker?

Cheers!
    Haven't had any issues re: double typing or screen-lifting .

Momentarily got a tiny bit of screen flicker after the last OS update - but as soon as I did a hard reset the screen flicker went away (and hasn't returned yet).

My previous phone was a Q10 (and my battery also fell off a cliff after about 15 months) and when I walked out of the shop after I'd just bought my Passport, I did wonder if I'd just made a 400+ mistake....

....Not a mistake at all, the Passport is the best smartphone I've ever had (though my needs may be very different to yours).

My Passport is not laggy at all.

I NEVER put my phone in a trousers pocket (either jacket pocket or shirt pocket for me) - but if you want some more details re: 'trousering your Passport' there is a fairly recent thread about it here on CrackBerry.

Good luck with your purchase.
    05-06-15 02:51 PM
    Anyone seen the battery charge symbol blinking even when not on charger? Mine is doing this and not sure what it is all about. Hoping someone can let me know if I should be worried.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:36 PM
    Oh and just had my first screen flicker. Happens at the bottom of the screen when going in and out of programs?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:44 PM
    There isn't any perfect device out there, so if you want it, get it. Life is for the living!!!
    05-06-15 05:45 PM
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I may have not been clear in my original post. I have heard reports that the phone screen corner lifts away from the device, but I have no idea how common this is or if it's due to misuse

Likely not common. One of the CrackBerry tendencies is to assume because people see a thread or two with some posters reporting something, that hundreds of thousands of people must be having the exact same issue.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-06-15 10:26 PM
    Enjoy your passport, it's a wonderful device.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 10:59 PM
    LOVE mine. I've had it since AT&T released. No screen lifting or double typing. And no flickering on PassportSQW100-3/10.3.1.2558
    05-06-15 11:15 PM
    I got a coupon from Micheal Clewley and tried to use it on Shop Blackberry and it would not take It. Any ideas why it wouldn't work? If I can knock off another $100 I could pull the trigger!
    05-07-15 12:20 AM
    My screen flickers on the AT&T Passport. Doesn't really bother me. As for double typing, well online y on the L key does it do that, and was corrected with a little practice. Still, I'm not going to return this as there are so many benefits to it. Those minor things to me, don't really bother me.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:06 AM
    Mine spontaneously combusted and the screen shattered into a million shards at 293 degrees Kelvin but was really good for my BBQing.

If you are concern about all these then you shouldn't but then you will probably be concern with getting an iPhone and it bending, losing connection when you hold it wrong.
    Probably best to not get any phone then you don't have any worries.
    05-07-15 09:18 AM
    It is a one time use code. if you pm me I can get you one. I have 2 left over from this promo cards they give out.
    I got a coupon from Micheal Clewley and tried to use it on Shop Blackberry and it would not take It. Any ideas why it wouldn't work? If I can knock off another $100 I could pull the trigger!
    05-07-15 09:19 AM
    I came from the Q10 and was very hesitant to get the Passport. Initially thought the device was too big in day one and two. I can say now it is an awesome device. Have had no issues whatsoever and I am what would be considered a heavy user. Great battery, awesome screen am very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-07-15 09:45 AM
    I've never noticed screen flicker, double-typing, or screen lifting. I'd say you're fairly safe. The main issue is the twisting of the steel frame. Just get the Seidio case and you'll be fine. It's an awesome phone, but be prepared for the size.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:49 AM
    No problem with Double typing, Screen flickering and what is screen lifting and using the Passport know for almost 6 months

I also tested the Samsung S6 but the screen is bad, and there is something wrong because you can see lines under it and the battery drain more then the S5 and we still get complains from apple user about wifiplus and reception related. So glad I got my Passport
    05-07-15 12:41 PM
    It was weird I haven't seen the screen flicker for a while and then bammm it started. After a reset it stopped that quick. I was in the picture app when it happened

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 08:09 PM
    I have no issues of anything with my BlackBerry passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-10-15 08:21 PM
    It was weird I haven't seen the screen flicker for a while and then bammm it started. After a reset it stopped that quick. I was in the picture app when it happened

Posted via CB10
    It's fixed in the latest few OS releases

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-10-15 09:05 PM
    LOVE mine. I've had it since AT&T released. No screen lifting or double typing. And no flickering on PassportSQW100-3/10.3.1.2558
    Moody. I've come from many years of flashing/ROMing in android so that won't be an issue. I'm just curious, is the OS you're running Sachesi'd using the same image for 100-1? Doesn't matter in this regard, a Passport is a Passport, whether it's carrier branded or not?

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-10-15 09:50 PM
    My advice is this:
    When reading on forums for any phone/company, you'll see lots of problems. Be it Sony, Samsung, (ex-)Nokia or even Apple to some extent. For example I got a great deal for a Lumia 1020 last year and wanted to do some research before actually getting it. What did I read when heading over to CB's partnersite WP Central? Freezes, reboots, very prone to screen burn-ins, (extremely) poor battery performance, yellow-tint on photos and the list goes on. Based on those reports, nobody should buy the 1020 ever. Checking out the forums for other models revealed similar issues everywhere.

I bought it anyways, it had some poor volume rocker buttons, but other than that the unit was fine. Screen burn-in appeared thanks to the fact Windows Phone uses very bright settings on that AMOLED screen, something which happens to any device using this technology under given circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 12:53 PM
    Given your text, I would say no!

That said, I am in Amsterdam and I can find no store that sells any kind of Blackberry. Mr Chen?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:07 PM
    Given your text, I would say no!

That said, I am in Amsterdam and I can find no store that sells any kind of Blackberry. Mr Chen?

Posted via CB10
    I vaguely know someone in Eindhoven who has just got a Passport (partially influenced by my recommendations) - do you want to know where they got it from?
    05-12-15 11:50 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. Didn't expect to get some many.

I'm really enjoying my Passport so far. Waiting for the battery to settle but it's set up. The size certainly takes some getting used to.

I did have a slightly loose volume up key, I put a tiny (1mm*2mm) piece of paper under the key by sliding it in and it's tight and still functions. Hopefully that dodgy fix lasts. I read that quite a few PPs had this loose key.
    05-12-15 12:05 PM
93 1234