So after starting with a vanilla iPhone 5 and using it for almost two years I took the plunge and switched to a Z10 to see what all the hype was about. In short I loved the Z10 for the hub and the suggestive keyboard. It's unlike any other keyboard out there. The only thing I hated about the Z10 was the lack of Google maps (let's face it the native map sucks) and I miss my push notifications from Voxer and other apps. Honestly that was my only hang up. So the Z10 took a dump and I bought a Oneplus One on an Android platform on a whim. I love the availability of apps, hate how glitchy the phone can be, and can't find a keyboard like one on BB10. In short I'm going to probably get a Passport unless someone here talks me out
    of it. Lastly should I get red or black?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-11-15 05:54 PM
    Well the app situation is still the same as it was on your Z10, sadly, though the Amazon App Store has some apps otherwise not found in BlackBerry World.

But the Passport is a much, much better phone than the Z10. The battery is like.. honestly it feels like double the Z10's. The keyboard is in a category of it's own, and it's just a fun device to use (I just use mine as my main phone, it's not like a work phone or anything).

You should get red. It really stands out and the black frame around it looks cool, it reminds me of a Ferrari.
    aj042599 likes this.
    07-11-15 06:16 PM
    There are already threads about this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-991060/

Anyway, should you get a Passport and what color it should be is your choice. The Passport is great if you value battery life and messaging. However, if you're into watching videos on your device or didn't like the Passport's sheer size, then a Z30 might be a better choice.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    aj042599 likes this.
    07-11-15 06:16 PM
    I have the Passport, Z30 and Z10. I think they all have their strengths. I like them all on 10.3.2. I have been using my Z10 for shines and giggles since late June and have really come to appreciate it and its former factor for one handed use. The greatest thing about all the BlackBerry 10 phones is the ever improving OS. And a fresh extra battery for a Z10 runs about 5-6 dollars on Amazon and gives one all the juice you might need. I think there may be a renewed interest in the Z10 on the re-sell market for budget minded consumers. And if you load Cobalt's Google Play (so easy) there is no app gap.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    aj042599 likes this.
    07-11-15 07:28 PM
    The question is actually: "Why shouldn't you buy a Passport?"
    Battery...that the first word for you to know about. It lasts long, longer than an iPhone.
    I was coming from a Z10 where my phone always hooked up to a cable; at work, at home, in the car.
    So, even if I forget to charge the Passport at night...no problem. It recharges so fast.
    OK, so you don't have all the apps of android but what and how many do you really use?

Blackberry maps is pretty good. But if you want, just use the browser and log in to your google account and bring up maps. that would do it for you to use google maps.

Black or red...if you find a red one at a good price, go for it. Otherwise, black is beautiful!
    aj042599 likes this.
    07-11-15 10:42 PM
    Go for it. Get a red one.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    07-11-15 11:34 PM
    There are already threads about this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-991060/

Anyway, should you get a Passport and what color it should be is your choice. The Passport is great if you value battery life and messaging. However, if you're into watching videos on your device or didn't like the Passport's sheer size, then a Z30 might be a better choice.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    I have both the Passport and the Z30, and I use the Passport as my only phone and most often as my laptop, and when I travel, as my only TV.

Since the 10.3.2 upgrade and with the new flash browser Zeus, I find little need to go back to my Z30 for livestreaming TV.

You can now mirror the Passport screen to a full HDMI external monitor screen with the flash player in Zeus. No difference from the Z30 there and much higher resolution than the android flash players. It also runs in the background, which you cannot do with an android flash browser like the photon browser.
    07-12-15 12:09 AM
    In the past 8 years, I've had 2 iPhones, 2 android phones and my current passport makes my 2nd blackberry phone. My preference is blackberry.

The passport has a perfect size screen for word processing, net surfing, movies and pretty much anything I can do on a regular computer. The OS functions flawlessly. I love the keyboard. I went away from 'Berry a couple years ago only because the apps I needed to use wouldn't work with their phones. With the ability to use android apps I am now able to use all of the apps I need. As long as there are Blackberry phones, I'll have one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-12-15 06:47 PM