03-23-16 12:01 AM
42 12
tools
    Sony Z5 Xperia. Really good camera, excellent battery life all around good phone. Check it out.
    03-18-16 08:56 AM
    Buy Passport, you won't regret it. The only thing that you'll regret is that if you don't buy it. Trust me. This device is a beast. I have just purchased it less than a week ago, and been using it along side my Q10. You still can use Facebook from the browser, although you won't get the notif via hub. But if you buy another phone which is not running BB10, you won't get the notif either, or at least not the way notif in hub works, and you'll surely miss the chance to feel how great Passport is. Anyway, this is just my opinion. Your call.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 09:17 AM
    I cannot recommend any BlackBerry hardware at present situation based on pure conscience. Get yourself a Nexus 5X and call it a day. Very capable with very nice price point to boot, what more do you want?
    03-18-16 10:44 AM
    Nope, those are pro feats of face10. The basics are just notifications within the app, not the hub.

Posted via CB10
    I say you support the Dev and just buy the app
    03-18-16 11:49 AM
    Hello CB Community!
    Recently, my 3 year old Z10 started to not handle things very well, battery lasting for 4 hours, 4G battery drain, Spotify, Instagram and few other Android Apps just becoming slower and unresponsive.
    Time to change, ok.
    My first option was the BlackBerry Passport, but as today i received the Facebook update i just couldn't be more disappointed.
    Basically i'm not a hardcore user, neither an enterprise user, i'm just a simple student.
    I really like the Passport keyboard, honestly i just see the whole thing as the perfect phone, except by it's operating system, I've been using BB10 for like 3 years, i know it's lack of apps, i know it's unresponsiveness on Android Apps but even with that faults, i still see the Passport with kind eyes.
    I mostly use my phone for Facebook, WhatsApp and few web searches.
    The real question is, with the current strip of feature(Facebook hub integration), should i still buy the Passport?
    If not, could you guys suggest any other phone that does have this premium feel and good design(I know, i know, the Passport is unique, but yeah...)? Please, i would like to stay away from Apple/Samsung devices.

Thanks for the help.
    You can intergate facebook and other social networking notificationS to blackberry hub without installing any app

Have a look..

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1066219

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 11:55 AM
    Old flip phone sounds good
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    03-18-16 12:02 PM
    Hello CB Community!
    Recently, my 3 year old Z10 started to not handle things very well, battery lasting for 4 hours, 4G battery drain, Spotify, Instagram and few other Android Apps just becoming slower and unresponsive.
    Time to change, ok.
    My first option was the BlackBerry Passport, but as today i received the Facebook update i just couldn't be more disappointed.
    Basically i'm not a hardcore user, neither an enterprise user, i'm just a simple student.
    I really like the Passport keyboard, honestly i just see the whole thing as the perfect phone, except by it's operating system, I've been using BB10 for like 3 years, i know it's lack of apps, i know it's unresponsiveness on Android Apps but even with that faults, i still see the Passport with kind eyes.
    I mostly use my phone for Facebook, WhatsApp and few web searches.
    The real question is, with the current strip of feature(Facebook hub integration), should i still buy the Passport?
    If not, could you guys suggest any other phone that does have this premium feel and good design(I know, i know, the Passport is unique, but yeah...)? Please, i would like to stay away from Apple/Samsung devices.

Thanks for the help.
    Go for the best device which meets your requirements. Passport is a great device. BB10 though is in maintainence mode, the APPS eco system has been never great on BB10 BUT Passport has its own advantages the square screen is amazing not to speak of the legendary BlackBerry 10 Hub which is a distinct winner.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    03-19-16 02:38 AM
    I would say get it OP. They are pretty cheap online.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-19-16 06:08 AM
    I think given the above statement you kind of answered your own question. Based on your quote, there is no way you should even consider buying a Passport as both of those apps will not work soon. I still prefer my Passport over my Priv or any other Android phone that I have but I don't use or have any need to use FB or Whatsapp.
    That's what I wanted to hear! ( "I still prefer my Passport over my Priv or any other Android phone")

It really depends on whether or not you need a lot of Android apps. If so, research which apps are working successfully and which are not and make your decision from there. The Passport is a great and remarkable device but it may not suite your needs...

Posted via Passport running 10.3.2.2876
    03-19-16 10:20 AM
    You want to buy mine? I want to get rid of it badly...no one wants a BlackBerry...

Mia San Mia!
    03-19-16 03:27 PM
    I have a Z10 as well, and have had it since it came out. Your battery issue is extremely easy to remedy, cheaply, but a new battery bundle. I have four batteries for mine, and all of them work well, yours is failing because you have only one, it's time for a new one.

That being said, I bought a Passport last week. I bought a used AT&T model on Ebay. It is in perfect shape and I am liking it in some ways, it is much faster and runs Android programs very well. I love the screen for reading the news and working on documents. The screen is also nice for showing images, something I do a lot since I do photography. What I don't like, is the weight, and overall size, the size being of course the reason the screen is so nice, so it is a compromise. I also love the ability to use the keyboard to scroll.

Overall I am loving the Passport. I would probably not buy a new one, unless the price was great, but a nice used one is great.

As far as Facebook goes, I quit using the app a long time ago and used a shortcut to the mobile site on the home screen. I actually got to the point that I enjoyed not having the notifications, although there is a way to get notifications by having them go to your email and setting up a filter for them. Last night I installed Face10 to try it, it is a good app and enables the use of the Hub. At home I don't care if I have the Hub integration, but for traveling, especially at sea on a ship where I am a good portion of the time, the use of an app can make FB more usable since the service on Cellular at Sea is slow. I will test is this week from a ship and see.

If you like the Passport, go for it. It will run your Android programs very well. Just remember there will be some apps not available for it. I lost a couple but it is okay, I can live without them. I had bough Monopoly and it isn't available for the Passport. I also lost Boggle. I rarely play games, but they were nice to have for the occasions I wanted them. I did play Boggle quite a lot though. There are alternatives to Boggle, but I liked the app I had. I have to admit I was looking forward to Monopoly on the Passport. I tried getting the Android version, and bought it, but it would not run, it required Google Play Services, and I don't want to install that on my phone. They gave me a refund so nothing lost. I have the productivity apps I need, and that is what I use the phone for.

So, if you want to stay away from Apple or Android devices, you don't really have much choice, unless you go with a Windows phone. I am loving the Passport. It is much nicer in terms of speed than the Z10, and I love the Z10. It is the perfect size. Had they updated the Z10 with a faster processor and another gig of RAM like the Passsport has, I would have bought one. For now, I am happy with the Passport.
    03-20-16 12:48 PM
    No. Unless chen resigns

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 08:55 PM
    No. Unless chen resigns

Posted via CB10
    What would Chen resigning mean?

03-20-16 09:05 PM
    TLDR at the bottom. : I got my passport for Xmas. Honestly I love it.. but and it's a big BUT... 3 months in and every day I'm hearing news about the discontinuing of apps and support it makes me feel like I wasted the money.

The phone is solid fast and a dream to hold and use, it's an A game device it was just brought out too late.

It's sad that this device will never get to use its full potential the power hog of blackberry left to die an undeserving death.

I honestly would take a full android os on the device just to keep using it for a few more years. Whatsapp was one of my main uses with my phones now that's being discontinued I may be forced to go else where.

So the question is can you live with a sexy phone that is basically becoming a candle in the wind?

I thought I could but now 3 months in am debating weather it was a waste of cash (the fact that it's brand new and I may have to buy a new device to suit my life)

Even with sideloading apps , they are hard to come by.

So quick summary :
    pro : BB10 solid OS fast and fluid,
    passport sexy solid sleek and fast.

Con : late to the party,
    Apps few and far between.
    Sideloading not as fancy as you think.
    Lack of consumer support ( no real details of where we stand right now)

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:12 PM
    What PP version do you have? How much would you sell it for?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:56 PM
    Haha Red OG but don't wanna sell it. It's my friend to the bitter end.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 06:46 PM
    Haha Red OG but don't wanna sell it. It's my friend to the bitter end.

Posted via CB10
    Red OG is awesome. Don't see too many red phones anymore.

03-23-16 12:01 AM
42 12