Hello CB Community!
    Recently, my 3 year old Z10 started to not handle things very well, battery lasting for 4 hours, 4G battery drain, Spotify, Instagram and few other Android Apps just becoming slower and unresponsive.
    Time to change, ok.
    My first option was the BlackBerry Passport, but as today i received the Facebook update i just couldn't be more disappointed.
    Basically i'm not a hardcore user, neither an enterprise user, i'm just a simple student.
    I really like the Passport keyboard, honestly i just see the whole thing as the perfect phone, except by it's operating system, I've been using BB10 for like 3 years, i know it's lack of apps, i know it's unresponsiveness on Android Apps but even with that faults, i still see the Passport with kind eyes.
    I mostly use my phone for Facebook, WhatsApp and few web searches.
    The real question is, with the current strip of feature(Facebook hub integration), should i still buy the Passport?
    If not, could you guys suggest any other phone that does have this premium feel and good design(I know, i know, the Passport is unique, but yeah...)? Please, i would like to stay away from Apple/Samsung devices.

Thanks for the help.
    03-16-16 08:59 PM
    03-16-16 09:04 PM
    Which one?
    03-16-16 09:06 PM
    The Passport is awesome. It's a beast of a phone that can handle everything you throw at it and then some. You can't go wrong with the Passport. Super huge screen is perfect for a student. I'm a student as well and have typed a couple of papers and homework on the Passport.

I won't list the limitations since they are the same as the Z.

If your looking for a keyboard phone, you can't go wrong with the Passport. I personally switch between the Passport and Classic, depending on my needs for the day.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    kekos likes this.
    03-16-16 09:10 PM
    I would suggest a Nexus 5X or 6P.
    03-16-16 09:16 PM
    Don't waste your money on Passport. Get an Android if you don't like Apple. I like BlackBerry 10. But it has had the chance and failed. You have a good chance of getting a faulty phone. I had a Q10 and then a passport, both developed hardware issues after a few months of use.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 09:36 PM
    Which one?
    Nexus 6p vs Nexus 5x: Google's Latest Nexus Phones Examined | Know Your Mobile

Essentially, do you want a 6" screen or a 5" screen?
    03-16-16 10:28 PM
    The Passport is awesome. It's a beast of a phone that can handle everything you throw at it and then some. You can't go wrong with the Passport. Super huge screen is perfect for a student. I'm a student as well and have typed a couple of papers and homework on the Passport.

I won't list the limitations since they are the same as the Z.

If your looking for a keyboard phone, you can't go wrong with the Passport. I personally switch between the Passport and Classic, depending on my needs for the day.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Currently I am using a Passport and will continue to do so for a long time. Even so, for someone that uses the phone for mainly facebook and whatsup I wouldn't recommend bb10 (passport or any other model) because these apps are not supported anymore and I am sure there will be many more that will follow this trend.

I regret saying this because I really think Passport (and bb10 OS) is the best phone/OS out there but I think slowly it will be reduced to browsing, email, phone calls, bbm and limited old apps. That works for me because I don't need apps but it doesn't seem to be the same for you.

Good luck!

Powered by BB10
    03-16-16 10:41 PM
    Love my Passport. So happy I have one. But if this device broke/dropped/water damage, I'd have a hard to justifying to drop $600 on a platform that is nearly EoL.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    03-16-16 10:50 PM
    Thanks for the information guys, it's really refreshing to see some PoV to make ideas clear.
    I'm considering the Nexus 6P and the Zenfone 2 Deluxe(256GB storage version).
    Any other good suggestion?
    03-16-16 11:20 PM
    I mostly use my phone for Facebook, WhatsApp and few web searches.
    I think given the above statement you kind of answered your own question. Based on your quote, there is no way you should even consider buying a Passport as both of those apps will not work soon. I still prefer my Passport over my Priv or any other Android phone that I have but I don't use or have any need to use FB or Whatsapp.
    03-17-16 12:09 AM
    Thanks for the information guys, it's really refreshing to see some PoV to make ideas clear.
    LG V10

It has the best camera phone available. Short from the new LG G5 coming out.
    It has great audio
    SD storage
    Removable battery

Another, but you'd have to wait for it is the LG G5.
    All the same bells and whistles as the V10, but has a metal body.
    Should be coming to US carrier's soon.

And one more, Moto came out with a Un breakable screen on one of there phones. If your prom to breaking screens you might like to check that one out.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 12:21 AM
    I think given the above statement you kind of answered your own question. Based on your quote, there is no way you should even consider buying a Passport as both of those apps will not work soon. I still prefer my Passport over my Priv or any other Android phone that I have but I don't use or have any need to use FB or Whatsapp.
    I mostly brought BB's for the aesthetics, they really are the best looking phones in the market in my humble opinion(Plus, Facebook used to work on then).
    03-17-16 12:38 AM
    Priv is the way to go to.
    I still use Passport/Classic. Whataspp or Facebook doesn't matter to me, almost.
    My phone is my communication device, and that's it, no more.
    I may get iPhone SE for the use of apps, just to see why so many people are so attached to using apps.

Priv is a good device, forget the PRICE, which is almost 700 here in Asia, unless you hate or dislike Android OS.
    If you need Facebook and whatsapp, I would recommend Priv, with the features on BlackBerry 10 almost copied on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:03 AM
    If you can deal with the price, the Priv?
    03-17-16 01:16 AM
    The Priv seems the right choice for you if you can handle the price.

Personally I bought iPhone 6s for my girlfriend and I after having some issues with my previous Passports. Man, I regret it. She is more than happy coming from an iPhone 4, but not me. Boring and not intuitive.
    I still search everyday on Ebay for a Passport but I know after having an iPhone and all these apps, it will be a problem. Even if the Passport is still in my opinion the most beautiful phone on the market and it was the best experience with technology in my life, I can't recommend it to someone now due to recent news and events.

Nexus 6P and LG V10 seem to be really good phones too. Except I don't like the look of the V10. Looks cheap. I'd rather have a LG G5.
    03-17-16 02:42 AM
    Buy a PassPort Silver Edition! Amaizing Phone!!!

BlackBerry PassPort Black
    03-17-16 03:22 AM
    Except I don't like the look of the V10. Looks cheap. I'd rather have a LG G5.
    They do make replacement leather backs.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:06 AM
    WhatsApp still works if you use the Android App from Snap. It even still works with the Hub.

As for Facebook, I'm trying Face10. It's so so, the messenger integrates into the Hub which is important but I'm not sure about the other alerts (likes, shares etc).
    03-17-16 08:15 AM
    WhatsApp still works if you use the Android App from Snap. It even still works with the Hub.

As for Facebook, I'm trying Face10. It's so so, the messenger integrates into the Hub which is important but I'm not sure about the other alerts (likes, shares etc).
    Nope, those are pro feats of face10. The basics are just notifications within the app, not the hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 09:08 AM
    I would get Z30. Still around for ~$230, enormous value. I saw Passports (original) for $350 pre-tax, so at this price it could made sense for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 09:28 AM
    Depending on your budget, I would recommend going for either a Priv, V10 or a nexus 6p. If you're looking for something a little cheaper, the nexus 5x looks pretty damn good, also you can pick up LG G4 for pretty cheap now too. Don't waste your money on a passport or any other bb10 phone, it's not worth it

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the help guys, i actually forgot about the Priv, that'll be my choice.
    Superfly_FR and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-17-16 11:01 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, i actually forgot about the Priv, that'll be my choice.
    Definitely the best choice, that's gonna be my next phone too!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 05:34 AM
    It is recommended if you choose Passport SE. Even some useful apps like FB or Whatsapp will get lost, but BlackBerry 10 has compatibility to run Android runtime 4.3 which means you can install android apps too! Now you have secured device together with compatible android app device.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 08:23 AM
42 12