08-03-17 03:15 AM
40 12
    I am huge bb se fan and always wanted one. I am more into writing my thoughts and love the keyboard passport has to offer. WhatsApp is the the only concern for me. Apart from that i don't need any app. Please help me with this.
    P.s I reside in INDIA so if anyone out here, help me.
    06-14-17 12:22 PM
    Well I do have a Passport SE, using it for the past 2 years. Living in Bangalore, India.
    It's not just Whatsapp, the phone is pretty much old now. The performance takes a hit every now and then. Hanging issues and things like that.
    So I would advise you not to spend on an SE, but instead go for the KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    06-14-17 12:34 PM
    no, no bb10 device should be bought at this point in time IMO
    06-14-17 12:35 PM
    I love the Passport SE... but it's almost two years old with internals that are over three years of age. I would not recommend it as a daily driver, but rather a good accompanying device if you find yourself in situations where you have to get down and serious with some hardcore thought writing (I could see it being a great device for authors who happen to get inspired standing in the Starbucks line and need to bang out a couple of chapters... but I digress).

I still enjoy BB10 devices, and will, from time-to-time, plop my SIM card into one on the weekend to remind myself of how great of an OS it was. However by the time Sunday afternoon rolls around, I'm ready to go back to my KEYone for a no-compromise experience (if only BlackBerry could somehow update that BB10 Android Run Time... sigh).

If you have the means and are intrigued enough and can accept that you're buying more as a collector as opposed to a daily user (again, that's based on your WhatsApp requirement), I'd say go ahead and get the PP SE. Heck, I just went and bought a P'9983 and can pretty much guarantee that I will only use it a handful of days out of the year!
    06-14-17 12:50 PM
    No, you should not.
    06-14-17 04:17 PM
    As other have said, No. It's and Old phone with a dead OS. Time to move on.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    06-14-17 04:31 PM
    Yes you should! Just to give some weight to the people saying no.

In the end it is your choice. No apps required, so no app gap perception. WA apk needs some tweaking but then runs.

Hardware performance not top of the bill but still runs. Battery superb it seems.

Price low enough could make it an interesting proposition.

It's only in India where people ask me whether they can hold my Priv for a moment. And still the Classic gets admiring comments as well. So only for that reason, the Blackberry premium business perception, you could go for it.

Posted via CB10
    watermelonlam likes this.
    06-14-17 04:32 PM
    I found a good deal on one so I had to get it. I absolutely love my Passport and can't really see me carrying anything else. I really don't miss the "app gap" because my phone is a tool, not a toy. The keyboard really is a force to be reckoned with. I've owned a good majority of the BB10 line and the Passport has been the best phone I've owned hands down.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and BBRYQ10 like this.
    06-14-17 09:23 PM
    I just purchased the original Passport a few days ago for $150 new. Wonderful phone. However, I only need email, two programs for work (Steam and IRC), and a music player. Passport knocks out all of those with a excellent keyboard and a nice fat screen. I couldn't be more happy with it. But in your situation, with the need to use social media type crap, you will probably be disappointed with it. Fad protocols come and go, and no new programs for whatever is popular this year will be written for BB10.

As for the phone it self, is it modern hardware? No, but a 3 year old flagship CPU is just as good, if not better, than most modern midrange CPUs, and is even cheaper thanks to BB10 support being frozen. To the folks telling him to buy a KeyONE... big difference between a $550 and $200 phone... Compare Passport SE to something in the same price range, like a Moto G4. Not including the OS/software, you'll notice less of a gap in performance, but a big difference in build quality and usability.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-14-17 10:10 PM
    Buy a cheap original and enjoy.
    I have all the Google Apps I need working and loving it, granted I'm not a fb or whatsup app user but phone is perfect for me.
    Never a random re boot or freeze.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 12:26 PM
    In short no its old and unsupported

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 01:00 PM
    I don't know what kind of phone you currently use, but if it's a BB10 device and you understand the limitations of the device and where both the strengths and weaknesses are, I say go for it.

If you don't have a BB10 phone, I would say to do your research on the subject. Understand that a lot of apps don't work and probably never will. Understand that the OS is essentially dead and that there are no plans to update it to anything more than its current state.

Please do not buy any BB10 phone to use as your only phone without understanding the the limitations that you will be living with before you even power it on.

With all that negativity being said, once you understand the limitations of the OS, it can be powerful to use. I normally use a Passport/Classic alongside an iPhone/iPad. This allows me to use what BB10 does best like emails, calls, and texts while also not missing out on any apps. It's a sacrifice and sometimes an inconvenience to have to carry two devices at the same time.

It's your call but I wanted to give you some perspective.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/  pin:2C09CE92
    kwartey likes this.
    06-18-17 01:23 PM
    I am huge bb se fan and always wanted one. I am more into writing my thoughts and love the keyboard passport has to offer. WhatsApp is the the only concern for me. Apart from that i don't need any app. Please help me with this.
    P.s I reside in INDIA so if anyone out here, help me.
    Buy a phone that will officially be supported by WhatsApp. Workarounds are not guaranteed to work for any length of time, a new Android or iOS device would be supported for the lifetime of your new device or WhatsApp (whichever is shorter).

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 05:55 PM
    I have a question for BlackBerry, guys why don't you map your os10 customers region wise and post it on crackberry or make an official club kind like HOG,and there's nothing wrong in copying good practices from good company. With this mapped customers you will have a fair idea of addressing them and plan your business strategies. If anyone out here knows anything as such let me know as I would like to be part of it as being os user since 05,in spite of strong negative comments towards BlackBerry from my professional and personal friends I clung to it and remain till os is alive.

Passport Silver Edition
    06-19-17 03:44 AM
    Buy a phone that will officially be supported by WhatsApp. Workarounds are not guaranteed to work for any length of time, a new Android or iOS device would be supported for the lifetime of your new device or WhatsApp (whichever is shorter).

Posted via CB10
    As long as WA support Android 4.3 you are fine. Still too many Android phones running that so see no reason for WA to drop that support or eliminate features anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 04:19 AM
    I think as long as it does what you need to do right now then go ahead. My passport served me perfectly for a long time.
    06-19-17 06:33 AM
    As long as you know/accept BB10's predicament and your smartphone needs are very basic, go ahead.
    06-19-17 06:54 AM
    If you can deal with the fact that BB10 is at the end of its rope and just want the experience of having one, then I say go for it. I used an OG passport and the one thing I can say about it is that it was the best communications device I have ever used.

The call quality was superb. Emailing and texting was fantastic and I am sure that it is even better on the PP SE. It also has the best speakerphone I have ever used on a phone. I could literally talk on the speakerphone while walking a good distance away from it.

The passport is a great device and BB10 was a well put together OS. It's just a shame that the support for it has come to an end.
    06-19-17 08:30 AM
    Go for it. It's a great 'hobby' phone . It can be a daily driver for awhile but as support and the browser degrades due to lack of BB support it will get harder and harder to use.

It's GREAT hardware. Fantastically built. Lovely screen. And its still quite fast. If your needs are somewhat limited to , lets say. email, sms, chat, normal web browsing, and a few Android apps as well as the native BB10 ones , it will serve you well.

Some things to know:
    Native Whataapp support is ending sometime in the (near) future, You could use the Android version but it will have some limits.
    The browser, once state-of-the-art and the best out there is showing its age (no updates in years) You'll get some browser crashes & some sites won't desplay well,
    NO Google PLay Services or apps unless you do some hacking and trickery (search forum for info)
    Not all the Play Store apps can be found in the Amazon App Store so learn how to download & install apk files, (not hard)

Good luck!
    06-19-17 09:12 AM
    Buy it welcome to the world of passport. be ready to spend more of time customise your oS and android setting. Dual combo of apps. Best texting keypads. Wider screen to watch videos etc u will enjoy it

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 09:51 PM
    Late now avoid

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 08:02 AM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    buy if you want to get the nice os and unique. but for more app? i think i cant say it more

 Passport SE - SQW-100-4 /
    06-28-17 08:09 PM
    Yes, I have bought three Passport SE for the coming years of pleasure, I will be actively buying more Passport SE until all stock is gone on the Market. Buy it now while in stock and good price. In particularly, Passport SE has been difficult to source so be quick If Passport SE if what you are looking for. THats the primarily reason I have started buying Passport SE as I know not long in the future it will not be available for purchase even you have got the dollars
    06-29-17 05:22 AM
    BBkeyone doesn't have a Paratek antenna. How's the call quality? I don't care.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    06-29-17 08:02 AM
    Buy it, keyone can,t beat it! I've both and use both. Passport is for me, keyone is for the pocket. It's not outdated! That's a joke. Issues with android are there since it was born...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 04:25 PM
40 12