If you are using a phone as a phone.. there is no problem really..

If you want or need all the latest games and trendy social scrolling apps then stay away.

Whatsapp is on the record as "not revoking service" at least until year end. No facebook but I was done with FB years ago.

I just bought a new classic last week after 2 years on android and happy, mostly because I don't want or need mobile games or trendy apps in my life anymore really.

Don't pay a lot though.. find a deal if anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 04:33 PM
    I have a passport and I do use it from time to time. I also use an LG V20 as my daily driver and all I can say is that I hate Android. I'm so upset that the only options are Android and iOS. if you can get by with the Passport then do it. you will be saving your sanity. I'm going to try and see if I can go back to using my passport exclusively. I'm tired of having to clear the cache of my v20 every now and then just so that it goes back to being smooth, I hate the constant random freezing, I hate the extremely poor battery life. The only things I like about the v20 are the music play back quality of the very good DAC and the camera. I wish I didn't foolishly tolerate Android's garbage for so long.
    06-30-17 07:34 AM
    I have a passport and I do use it from time to time. I also use an LG V20 as my daily driver and all I can say is that I hate Android. I'm so upset that the only options are Android and iOS. if you can get by with the Passport then do it. you will be saving your sanity. I'm going to try and see if I can go back to using my passport exclusively. I'm tired of having to clear the cache of my v20 every now and then just so that it goes back to being smooth, I hate the constant random freezing, I hate the extremely poor battery life. The only things I like about the v20 are the music play back quality of the very good DAC and the camera. I wish I didn't foolishly tolerate Android's garbage for so long.
    so sad brother, i know what you feel now. last year i did it, i got garbage more than 5GB until freezed

 Passport SE - SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2163
    06-30-17 07:58 AM
    The best phone ever yeah! The Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 06:13 PM
    One month back I bought blackberry pp se. And I would never regret my decision. I have four emails daily pushing in around 200+ emails. After coming from iPhone, I feel this phone and OS is far far ahead of any other OS. I can keep my phone in silence mode and know with my LED light which notification is that. Blackberry blend is another bliss. It performs like a champ. I just use emails, bbm and zoom(for video calling). I am really happy with this device. I don't care about Facebook, whatsapp, instagram etc. If you are the guy looking for pure professional device you can't find a better device than this. If not you have to get another device.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 06:42 PM
    If you value productivity; large screen, easy to read, email, texting, copying, pasting, sending attachments, editing word files, viewing PDF's, loud speakerphones, good sound quality etc.....Then the greatest phone of all time is the Passport.

I used the android hub on KeyOne and dtek 60. It's nice. But not as fluid and centralized like in BB10 which centralizes itself as a communication device, not an app haven.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 09:08 PM
    Go ahead.... don't think to much.... and you will get the diffirent between BBOS 10 and android....

BLACKBERRY PASSPORT SE
    06-30-17 09:28 PM
    Yes buy the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition. Sure, the nature and situation of OS 10 isn't bright, but it's a unique phone that you'd enjoy.
    06-30-17 09:43 PM
    Used a Priv for over a year... couldn't stand the laggy enterprise emails, bought an SE two weeks ago and loving it... all over again.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 05:58 PM
    Buy a Passport SE it's the BB10 powerhouse! If you need Whatsapp just side-load it! Simple!
    08-02-17 09:38 AM
    Buy a Passport SE it's the BB10 powerhouse! If you need Whatsapp just side-load it! Simple!
    WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 is still working pretty well via the native BlackBerry version. No need to side load at this stage.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 10:12 AM
    If you want to future proof your device, sideloading would be the best course of action, Whatsapp will eventually be turned off for native BB users but the sideloaded versions will keep getting updated as the migration towards them grows, people wont have any other choice!

WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 is still working pretty well via the native BlackBerry version. No need to side load at this stage.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 10:28 AM
    If you want to future proof your device, sideloading would be the best course of action, Whatsapp will eventually be turned off for native BB users but the sideloaded versions will keep getting updated as the migration towards them grows, people wont have any other choice!
    There's no way of knowing how long the WhatsApp Android app will continue to work on BB10 (and that's ignoring the fact that you need to use workarounds as is to make it work correctly).

If WhatsApp is an important app you should definitely avoid BB10 at this point.
    08-02-17 11:53 AM
    I installed the official version of WhatsApp and suspect support will be extended beyond the end of this year. There are too many users and I can't imagine support going away just yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 05:08 PM
    I installed the official version of WhatsApp and suspect support will be extended beyond the end of this year. There are too many users and I can't imagine support going away just yet.
    Nope, it's a miracle they decided to extend support to the end of the year. There are also way too few users to make it worthwhile to keep updating the client and I would go ahead and say that that the app is already unsupported, as there are problems with the account registration and whatsapp doesn't seem to have any interest to fix these issues.

Expect for the native version to stop working at the end of the year, be amazed if it doesn't.
    08-03-17 03:15 AM
40 12