Well, it can have "System" drain a c***load of battery for no reason, while on Android it's a bit easier to pinpoint the issue.

As for swipe to go home, Android P will bring that over.

Then there's notification profiles which is nice, as well as LED color cycling, which Android can't do.
    If the Google thinks people want that feature, couldn’t it happen?
    08-03-18 06:00 PM
    What, specifically, can BB10 do that BBAndroid can’t do ?
    BB10 can keep your privacy safer as on Android. Plus you will not find the malware that is in Play Store. Play Store is home to dubious and malicious apps. Google works like that....millions of app, many with bad reviews, and pretty bad security.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-18 02:02 AM
    Wow that's confusing, in post #41 you were a definite No?

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    about it, I will say no. if you don't get more function on passport. but if this was usefull for you,I will say yes.
    Whatsapp and other app is still work fine on passport
    after 2019 or more, I don't know you will say yes.
    but for anyone I'm sure, they will say no. why? because of android device like samsung, oppo,vivo,xiaomi, or huwawai,sharp,and other

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    08-04-18 04:21 AM
    BB10 can keep your privacy safer as on Android. Plus you will not find the malware that is in Play Store. Play Store is home to dubious and malicious apps. Google works like that....millions of app, many with bad reviews, and pretty bad security.

Posted via CB10
    What I’m asking is usage capabilities not privacy or security. When people describe things which can’t be done on Android/IOS....
    08-04-18 07:52 AM
    It is up to you to decide what app you want to install from the Play Store. There is still control through choice.

Posted via CB10
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-04-18 09:32 AM
    What I’m asking is usage capabilities not privacy or security. When people describe things which can’t be done on Android/IOS....
    A cinder block also keeps your privacy and doesn't have malware apps.
    08-04-18 11:11 AM
    I just got a KEY² and am holding on to my PP. I still like to switch devices. PP for calls, text messages, emails mostly. A few basic apps that still work. still a great phone to use, I'm just not trying to do things that the PP can't do any longer as that would be pointless and uselessly stressful.
    08-04-18 01:52 PM
    Don't buy Passport now. It doesn't make sense at all.
    I myself thinking to switch, but I think Keyone or key2 both are not great in performance
    And am not really comfortable typing on glass

Posted via CB10
    08-04-18 03:23 PM
    Don't buy Passport now. It doesn't make sense at all.
    I myself thinking to switch, but I think Keyone or key2 both are not great in performance
    And am not really comfortable typing on glass

Posted via CB10
    And you think the Passport has better performance than KEYone/KEY2?
    08-04-18 05:49 PM
    And you think the Passport has better performance than KEYone/KEY2?
    Comparing Passport with Keyone is not comparing apple to apple
    There are lot better Android options than Keyone
    So this time reason for choosing Keyone will only be PKB with sluggish Android performance

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 05:05 AM
    Comparing Passport with Keyone is not comparing apple to apple
    There are lot better Android options than Keyone
    So this time reason for choosing Keyone will only be PKB with sluggish Android performance

Posted via CB10
    Conite has Oreo beta and said that he performance was same if not better than on Nougat. Also, clearing the cache manually is no longer required, as the system does it for you
    08-05-18 08:25 AM
    I am not mainly into gaming and stuff
    So as long as Keyone or Key2 does basic stuff like, FB, whatsapp, camera, LinkedIn, Browsing,phone calls, email etc without any lag I am happy to go for it.
    Current choices for me are
    Keyone
    Key2
    Pixel 2 XL
    Samsung Note 8

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 10:20 AM
    I am not mainly into gaming and stuff
    So as long as Keyone or Key2 does basic stuff like, FB, whatsapp, camera, LinkedIn, Browsing,phone calls, email etc without any lag I am happy to go for it.
    Current choices for me are
    Keyone
    Key2
    Pixel 2 XL
    Samsung Note 8

Posted via CB10
    I’m confused. You’re comparing two mid-tier PKB Android devices with 4.5” screens to largest VKB Android premium flagships? Like asking to compare between cargo vans and exotic sports cars....
    08-05-18 10:29 AM
    Hi Chuck,

As I said, if the Keyone or key2 offer lagging performance even on basic activities, then I would better prefer flagship Android phones. Except Keyone, the rest all fall in same price group

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 10:44 AM
    Hi Chuck,

As I said, if the Keyone or key2 offer lagging performance even on basic activities, then I would better prefer flagship Android phones. Except Keyone, the rest all fall in same price group

Posted via CB10
    Your KEY2 is lagging? What are you doing on it?
    08-05-18 11:20 AM
    Am still on passport and wishing to upgrade to Keyone (349£) or Key2 (570£). From some reviews learnt that the android performance is not very good on it. Hence the concern.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 11:35 AM
    Am still on passport and wishing to upgrade to Keyone (349£) or Key2 (570£). From some reviews learnt that the android performance is not very good on it. Hence the concern.

Posted via CB10
    I have a KEYone and performance is more than enough, even in gaming.
    08-05-18 12:38 PM
    I have a KEYone and performance is more than enough, even in gaming.
    Thanks mate. That's helps!
    I wanted to stick with Passport but everytime I feel I am compromising.
    Videos on Facebook doesn't play most of times
    Cannt share videos and gifs on whatsapp
    Whatsapp for some single chat crashes
    Native browser doesn't support some sites

Unfortunately will have to sacrifice best form factor by letting Passport go.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 02:10 PM
    Thanks mate. That's helps!
    I wanted to stick with Passport but everytime I feel I am compromising.
    Videos on Facebook doesn't play most of times
    Cannt share videos and gifs on whatsapp
    Whatsapp for some single chat crashes
    Native browser doesn't support some sites

Unfortunately will have to sacrifice best form factor by letting Passport go.

Posted via CB10
    If your budget allows it, go for a KEY2. If not, a KEYone Black Edition is the next best choice. And after that, the Silver KEYone.
    08-05-18 02:50 PM
    Thanks mate. That's what the plan is at the moment
    By the way how's the keyboard experience on KeyOne? On youtube I saw some videos reporting it's keyboard as clunky and cheap quality?
    What's your experience?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 05:02 PM
    If the Google thinks people want that feature, couldn’t it happen?
    That's a different question. You asked what BB10 can do that Android can't.

So long as Android sees the Hub as a single app rather than an integrated component of the OS, color cycling within accounts in the Hub is unlikely. That means one has to actually turn on the screen and look at the phone to see if there is a new unread message from a particular account. That's REALLY annoying for me, as I've spent the past 15 years being able to simply glance at the LED colors without touching the phone.

As for the profiles feature, that's also tough to do so long as the Hub is seen as a single app. Android doesn't seem able to manage conditional notifications within an app. So, to use a recent example from another user, it would be impossible to create a custom profile for "Emergency BBM mode" where all notifications on the phone are turned off except for either BBM or even a single contact in BBM.

In BB10 one can create unlimited numbers of custom notification profiles because Hub settings are integrated into the OS. Unless Android wants to make the Hub a kind of "super app" with a level of OS integration not available to other apps (which I see as highly unlikely!) I'm afraid the Hub on Android is doomed to be little mire than an email app with extra notifications for other apps.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-05-18 06:40 PM
    That's a different question. You asked what BB10 can do that Android can't.

So long as Android sees the Hub as a single app rather than an integrated component of the OS, color cycling within accounts in the Hub is unlikely. That means one has to actually turn on the screen and look at the phone to see if there is a new unread message from a particular account. That's REALLY annoying for me, as I've spent the past 15 years being able to simply glance at the LED colors without touching the phone.

As for the profiles feature, that's also tough to do so long as the Hub is seen as a single app. Android doesn't seem able to manage conditional notifications within an app. So, to use a recent example from another user, it would be impossible to create a custom profile for "Emergency BBM mode" where all notifications on the phone are turned off except for either BBM or even a single contact in BBM.

In BB10 one can create unlimited numbers of custom notification profiles because Hub settings are integrated into the OS. Unless Android wants to make the Hub a kind of "super app" with a level of OS integration not available to other apps (which I see as highly unlikely!) I'm afraid the Hub on Android is doomed to be little mire than an email app with extra notifications for other apps.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I guess that’s what I was saying in my poor non-tech speak. If Google and (BB if necessary) could integrate hub at OS level, hub would be comparable to BB10 hub. So, possible, only if huge demand there, probable....
    08-05-18 07:29 PM
97 ... 234