I not uses lot of apps..not a lover of whatsapp..
    My main requirements is YouTube , Mail, and browser and some time playing games..
    03-02-17 12:37 AM
    In short, no you shouldn't.

The youtube experience is better with ios and android and same goes for games, also the screen is far from optimal for media consumption.
    You can get "almost" every android app running on the phone trough some fiddling but those app don't run as well as the native apps.
    The passport is a great device but this train will very soon run it's course.

Also in the future please read at least the first page of the sub-forum and look for similar threads so we don't have 3 "should I buy a passport in 201X" topics going on.
    Last edited by Huussi; 03-02-17 at 01:57 AM.
    03-02-17 01:40 AM
    [QUOTE=aslamk47;12787345]I not uses lot of apps..not a lover of whatsapp..
    My main requirements is YouTube , Mail, and browser and some time playing games..[/

Get a passport! It is the Best Device for Mail and web browsing. Additionally, Mail and web browsing will always just work great on passport. since Mail and Browser are Stock apps, you dont need to rely on App Updates or a updated Android runtime.

For youtube: just Get the patched youtube Android App working on your blackberry. Works great

For games: could be a Problem sometimes, the passport is an absolute non gaming device

sent from Blackberry Passport (160GB)
    03-02-17 02:58 AM
    Web Browsing not good anymore. Browser needs update.
    Battery life suffering after last update.

I love my SE, but I used to get way more than a work day out of it, rarely ever talk on phone as it totally kills the battery.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    03-02-17 04:43 AM
    If you can get for cheap one why not?
    raqball, Blacklatino and jmr1015 like this.
    03-02-17 04:45 AM
    Get a passport!!! Try it out and see if you like it! Tried mine at the end of 2016 and here am I preaching about it vigorously. It's the best!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 04:55 AM
    My main requirements is YouTube , Mail, and browser and some time playing games..
    In my opinion, getting a Passport in 2017, is not a good idea.

You will be frustrated with the lack of popular, working apps. Battery life is poor now for some reason, the BB10 operating system is buggy and freezes a lot on my passport and the square screen does not work well with android apps, if you want to go through the frustrating and constant process of messing with the runtime, even with the "God" Cobalts amazing work, to gain Google Play services on the device.

My advice to you would be:

1. Get the BlackBerry KEYone ( if the price is right for you)

2. Get an android phone
    ( plenty to choose from)

3. Get an iPhone
    ( the best phone when it comes to apps)

Hope this helps you
    nappalonia likes this.
    03-02-17 04:56 AM
    I say go for it if you get one for a good price... BB10 still rocks but it is starting to show it's deficiencies more and more.. It's a fantastic device and should meet your needs for what you described.
    03-02-17 07:59 AM
    I suggest you watch several review videos first. Just so you have an idea about how it is when you watch videos on the phone's square screen. With games, it's the same story. Also, research first if the games you play work on the device.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-02-17 09:00 AM
    PP is for business not for gaming
    I mean it stands out when you read documents

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-02-17 09:38 AM
    I would get K1. I have two Passports, OG and SE, and really like the format, but, the compromises BB10 entails now, mean that this is a legacy device, great in its day, but with a limited future. I think the BlackBerry advantages are migrating to the Android K1 device, like Hub, security, etc. so a K1 purchase is forward looking.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 09:45 AM
    I'm just come back to bb10 passport after leaving my z10 a year ago. I'm finding it ok after using android. Any apps I can't find I've managed to make shortcuts to the web version, there's even apps for making these shortcuts with an icon of your own choice.
    03-02-17 09:59 AM
    Don't do it man... either K1 or iPhone I'm afraid

My Red Blackberry Passport
    03-02-17 10:18 AM
    Looks like lots of K1 marketers are flooding the passport forum lol, the mighty holdout for bb10 afficionados. TCL must be doing a good job already.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    03-02-17 10:23 AM
    Don't do it man... either K1 or iPhone I'm afraid

My Red Blackberry Passport
    Can I buy your red one then?
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-02-17 10:24 AM
    Don't get a Passport.

What phone do you use now, anyway?
    03-02-17 10:45 AM
    I would....wonderful phone....tried all the others and keep going back. I have a unlocked white and a att black (work) prefer the unlock love the perfect square.
    03-02-17 11:04 AM
    Don't get a Passport.

What phone do you use now, anyway?
    Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    03-02-17 11:26 AM
    If you can get it for $50, sure. Any more is just money that could have gone to a K1.
    03-02-17 11:31 AM
    $50?????????? LOLOLOLOLOL

I'd say if you can score a mint condition or new one for under $175'ish (more for the SE) then go for it!
    03-02-17 11:41 AM
    lol passport is dying.....slowly.....lack of dev support

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 12:45 PM
    No you shouldn't. No issue with phone but OS will not last.

Prob is that even functionality that should exist in webpages is being pushed to apps.

Even browsing some webpages will have issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 02:29 PM
    I think the Passport hands down is the best at managing e-mails, documents, reading and general work tasks.
    However, once you start using/installing any apps (BlackBerry World or Android), it can start to bog things down.

Camera is mediocre at best, and I agree that the browser needs to be updated. But if it's going to strictly be a work device, then I think it's one of the best out there.
    03-02-17 03:02 PM
    Camera is adequate at best, so have a contingency if photos are important to you. But I'm guessing that anyone considering a BB10 device at this time is not ruled by apps and thinks productivity might be more important to them. If that is indeed the case, then the Passport is not only workable, it's the best device out there for messaging, calls, multi-tasking, reliability, durability, and typing. If you need a device to help you do those things at a premium, then the Passport still has 1-2 years at least of shelf life. If apps make or break your decision, it's best to look elsewhere, even though with Cobalt's hack I have 98% of the apps everyone else has on iOS and Android. But yes, the day will come when those apps will either cease to work or be so sluggish, it's practically the same. Either way, the Passport is relevant because most people have a tablet or secondary device available to them for the things the Passport doesn't excel in. If that's the case also, ask yourself if you can get by your day with either just the Passport until you can get back to your tablet, or if you're able and willing to carry 2 devices. Because the Passport is THAT good. Good luck!
    ridmaur and AllanQuatermain like this.
    03-02-17 03:16 PM
    Maybe get one from a merchant you can return it to if it does not fit your needs. BB10 phones can be bought for good prices used in good condition.

I never experienced BB10 before i set up a Blackberry Z10 & Leap for my parents last year as presents (the phones were cheap so I gave them a try). After that I bought a Passport SE because I liked the OS. The Passport SE is only an addition to my iPhone SE though, i like them both.
    03-02-17 03:18 PM
187 123 ...