Only my opinion...I received my new Passport today. I can believe In love at first sight. I didn't feel the same way when I got my first iPhone or older BlackBerry. It's early but am hoping for the best. Thanks for reading.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 01:52 PM
    The browser hasn't been updated in years and probably will never be updated again. It also gets slow when loading up content heavy websites sometimes.

It's essentially an end of life OS unofficially.

It's sad because this OS could have been so powerful but it failed to take hold in the market.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    I'm happily using the Mercury browser on my Passport SE. Yes, BB10 is pretty much EOL like BBOS 7 is. I predict that as long as Passport users are happy with non-5G network speeds, their devices will be used well into 2019.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    04-14-17 02:31 PM
    I not uses lot of apps..not a lover of whatsapp..
    My main requirements is YouTube , Mail, and browser and some time playing games..
    No matter what your requirements are, you should ONLY buy a BB10 phone in 2017 if you are getting it real dirt cheap. In case you are a BlackBerry fan, you should better opt for Priv, or upcoming KEYone phone.
    kksirur88 likes this.
    04-14-17 03:50 PM
    Why do people keep saying the OS will not last!?! The older OS 7 is still functioning and going. So the BB10 OS is going to be ok even without any updates.
    Until the carriers pull the BIS servers (for the OS7 phones).

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:11 PM
    I'm happily using the Mercury browser on my Passport SE. Yes, BB10 is pretty much EOL like BBOS 7 is. I predict that as long as Passport users are happy with non-5G network speeds, their devices will be used well into 2019.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    I'm happily using a Classic in all of it's glory. I love it. I just couldn't recommend it to a person if their needs were more than emails, calls, texts, and some light browsing.

04-14-17 07:46 PM
    Only my opinion...I received my new Passport today. I can believe In love at first sight. I didn't feel the same way when I got my first iPhone or older BlackBerry. It's early but am hoping for the best. Thanks for reading.

Posted via CB10
    I just got a Passport SE about a week ago. I like it a lot but the keyboard is not as natural as the Q10 or Bold 9900. Still, there's a lot to recommend it. Someone made a thread on the YALP play store app as a replacement for SNAP and it works really nicely. I haven't run into an app I need that I can't find, so at this point, for the price (It was a steal: $150 US), it's fine. If I get a year out of it, that's great. But I suspect that it will be around longer than that. I still use my Bold 9900 from time to time.
    04-14-17 07:56 PM
    I just got a Passport SE about a week ago. I like it a lot but the keyboard is not as natural as the Q10 or Bold 9900. Still, there's a lot to recommend it. Someone made a thread on the YALP play store app as a replacement for SNAP and it works really nicely. I haven't run into an app I need that I can't find, so at this point, for the price (It was a steal: $150 US), it's fine. If I get a year out of it, that's great. But I suspect that it will be around longer than that. I still use my Bold 9900 from time to time.
    An SE for 150?!?!?!?!?!?! That's a steal!!!

04-14-17 08:42 PM
    An SE for 150?!?!?!?!?!?! That's a steal!!!

Yes it was. I was searching Passports on eBay by 'newly listed' one morning and a guy from Switzerland had just listed it. I bought it the second I finished reading the ad. The only minor drawback is that it has a QWERTZ keyboard, but I have a QWERTY on the way from aliexpress. In the meantime, the keyboard can be set to the QWERTY pattern in the settings (so the Z types Y and vice versa).
    04-14-17 09:27 PM
    No matter what your requirements are, you should ONLY buy a BB10 phone in 2017 if you are getting it real dirt cheap. In case you are a BlackBerry fan, you should better opt for Priv, or upcoming KEYone phone.
    It's not at all clear to me that Android is superior to BB10 for email based communications across multiple channels. The Hub with Peek and Flow is still much smoother and more ergonomic than the Priv. We'll see how the KEYone on Android N fares.

I'm not anti-Android, but saying that it's better at everything is a stretch. It's better for most users who care about Android apps, certainly.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-14-17 11:08 PM
    The primary reason is, BB10 is dying. It has unfortunately run its course in a very short period of time. It has potential (to be best os ever created), but not being exploited. Only if it has come a bit earlier around 2006-07.

BB10 devices for its features are over-priced (it tends to go down however very rapidly, like someone mentioned Passport SE is now available for 150USD. Things could be different, if they offered it at $250-$300 from the very beginning instead a thousand bucks. They say, they can't lower the price, it's manufacturing cost. Then there's the problem. I'd not be surprised if Keyone follows the suite.).
    04-15-17 05:46 AM
    I just get it earlier this month. It good for email, browser but I feel disappointed some apps like whatsapp will end of support soon, fb messenger and some of my favorite android apps is not work. If there is no development on BB OS anymore will consider others android phone beside BB.

Post via Passport
    04-15-17 11:13 AM
    Don't buy it now. Can't make phone calls anymore, see the "SoS" thread. Bunch a people experiencing this problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 06:58 PM
    Don't buy it now. Can't make phone calls anymore, see the "SoS" thread. Bunch a people experiencing this problem.

Posted via CB10
    No issues on either of my Passports.

Posted via Red BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-15-17 07:21 PM
    No issues on either of my Passports.

Posted via Red BlackBerry Passport
    Same here. Two Passports, no issues at all! Buy in confidence.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    No issue on my Passport that I've had since 2015

04-16-17 04:08 PM
    Don't get scared about browser....i alternate the native one with Browser Browse or Q Browser Pro, both of them are faster than the original browser.

Since the native WA is getting retired by end of June, you may able to use the android version. I do use daily my passport, sometimes I switch to the Android Huawei Nova (great device), other times to the Leap. I still do prefer using the Passport most of the day. Forget the android fanatics who write here. You may try to give a look into the BlackBerry World if there are apps that cover your needs. If not, maybe you can install them via the Google Play Store, or otherwise give a look to other android smartphones (non necessarily BB), or IPhone.

At the end buy what make you feel comfortable, decide with your head, and not based on bb10 or Android fanatics.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 04:42 PM
    Same here. Two Passports, no issues at all! Buy in confidence.

Posted via CB10
    I got three that seemingly work just dandy. But there does seem to be some people experiencing issues. That being said, I would definitely recommend the Passport to anyone not needing certain apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 11:09 PM
    I'm just come back to bb10 passport after leaving my z10 a year ago. I'm finding it ok after using android. Any apps I can't find I've managed to make shortcuts to the web version, there's even apps for making these shortcuts with an icon of your own choice.
    curious... example of such apps?
    05-19-17 06:58 PM
    I'm thinking about getting a passport. I have an iPad Air so the apps aren't too big of a deal. The apps I need I could get from the google play store. And it's only $160 or $170
    05-19-17 08:39 PM
    I'm thinking about getting a passport. I have an iPad Air so the apps aren't too big of a deal. The apps I need I could get from the google play store. And it's only $160 or $170
    Pull the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 09:41 PM
    I've Just Bought a never used passport and I'm more than satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 02:20 AM
    curious... example of such apps?
    ShortcutsCreator has been the best one I found...free versions of similar apps available too..
    Mobajo likes this.
    05-20-17 02:47 AM
    I used a Z10 for more than 3 years, then I went into android, still using the Android but I've just got a new passport for a more than fair price and I'm loving it, I had BB10 nostalgia si yes is good to buy a passport in 2017!
    05-20-17 08:09 AM
    why not just use the 'add to home screen' function in the browser?

Posted via CBX
    05-20-17 08:10 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 08:16 AM
187 ... 5678