I totally like your feedback on all aspects. Point on.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 09:55 PM
    True Yam. I agree the passport Especially the SE is awesome but you can have an android as a social phone. I have a very affordable but effective Tecno phantom 6 plus as my social back up to my primary driver which is the BB passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 09:56 PM
    No. Don't do that mistake.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:17 PM
    No. Don't do that mistake.

Posted via CB10
    Should have two months ago when they were $170. They're $400+ on Ebay now.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 01:25 AM
    Been traveling quite a bit. The Passport is the best whether I am using cellular or WIFI, maps, browser, email, twitter, Skype, news etc.

Like a computer.

A beast

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and d6821 like this.
    03-29-17 08:10 AM
    The Passport is a great device, no doubt about that, but even BlackBerry had moved on. In my opinion, anyone thinking of getting a BlackBerry 10 device at this point in time should get a Priv or a DTEK instead.
    03-29-17 08:27 AM
    It all depends on what you want to do with it OP. If you are comfortable with a phone with guaranteed email, text, and call support, go for it.

If you are looking for a phone with the capabilities above AND all the socials aspects, then I would either get one of the Dteks, a Priv, or wait for the Keyone.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    04-10-17 03:18 PM
    With Android phones and iphones, compared to Blackberry, they seem to have immense support and updates for all apps and OS. Apps for almost everything is available.
    However apart from whatsapp, there is no other app that currently has tempted me to switch from blackberry.
    I strongly feel that when it comes to email, text, calls and usual browsing, Blackberry is superior to i-phone and definitely Android.
    Having used passport for a while now, when i try usual size phones, I feel the display of others are quiet compromised. Square is a lot comfortable!

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-10-17 03:46 PM
    I only just bought mine yesterday. I will certainly post how I like it soon. This is written on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 11:13 PM
    No, in 2017 it's not worth to buy a new Passport.

You'll be limited to texting, calls and e-mails. You won't get push notifications from most Android apps, which are also getting slower and clunky due to the old runtime.

Browsing the internet will be annoying since the browser won't get updated to support new technologies. I'm using android browsers but they're slow.

Bottom line is, the PP is inconvenient to use today and it'll only get worse.

If you really want a keyboard, wait for the KEYOne. If you don't have the budget, buy a Priv.

Posted from my Passport SE
    04-12-17 02:39 AM
    @werkregen i've come to like by passport a lot but slowly get the feeling that it might need some bigger update (especially on the sandboxed android runtime) that may never come.
    i'm still running bb os 10.3.2.2474 and was hoping that applying on of the latest updates might improve things but when I read posts like yours my hopes rather fade... do you know if android-runtime wise things were improved with current updates?
    too bad blackberry seems to have changed focus to sell newer flashy devices than supporting and improving devices that the community values highly. :/

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 03:27 AM
    @werkregen i've come to like by passport a lot but slowly get the feeling that it might need some bigger update (especially on the sandboxed android runtime) that may never come.
    i'm still running bb os 10.3.2.2474 and was hoping that applying on of the latest updates might improve things but when I read posts like yours my hopes rather fade... do you know if android-runtime wise things were improved with current updates?
    too bad blackberry seems to have changed focus to sell newer flashy devices than supporting and improving devices that the community values highly. :/

Posted via CB10
    I'm on 10.3.3.1435 autoloader install and I've noticed that my android apps don't crash as often (eg. crackberry app was unusable but now it crashes only once in a while). Weird thing is, on my Classic I don't have this problem at all.

Anyway, they won't be able to update the Android runtime itself due to licensing issues and that's the biggest issue.
    04-12-17 03:46 AM
    I'm on 10.3.3.1435 autoloader install and I've noticed that my android apps don't crash as often (eg. crackberry app was unusable but now it crashes only once in a while). Weird thing is, on my Classic I don't have this problem at all.

Anyway, they won't be able to update the Android runtime itself due to licensing issues and that's the biggest issue.
    The runtime is just one of the reasons that I can't recommend bb10 to someone other than calls, texts, and emails. After that, it's pretty much a crapshoot.

04-12-17 08:21 AM
    The Passport's only minor drawback for me is the lack of low frequency band 12; in some brick or concrete buildings I don't have a phone signal but there's also WiFi calling. Since I'm not in a remote location the missing band isn't a problem.
    04-12-17 11:05 AM
    The Passport's strengths are:

1. Screen size and aspect ratio make it almost tablet like for reading documents and browsing the Web. Combine that with the extra space gained from avoiding use of the pop-up virtual keyboard, and the PP is easily the best phone for readers and writers of long or complex documents.

2. The keyboard (though this is highly personal) with capacitive touch allows for very efficient (two-handed) ergonomics and a great flick-to-type experience.

3. Great FM radio and sound in general, through speakers or headphones.

4. BB10, with Hub and other built in apps

The weaknesses are:

1. Size is uncomfortable or inconvenient for some.

2. BB10 has limited apps support for mainstream uses.

3. Potential for obsolescence in the next 2-3 years.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-12-17 11:19 AM
    The runtime is just one of the reasons that I can't recommend bb10 to someone other than calls, texts, and emails. After that, it's pretty much a crapshoot.
    what other reasons do you have? i'm having a hard time finding a decent alternative in a sub-400$-range with a hardware keyboard, multi-day runtime, good audio and the ability to install 3rd party apps but am open for suggestions...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 03:54 PM
    what other reasons do you have? i'm having a hard time finding a decent alternative in a sub-400$-range with a hardware keyboard, multi-day runtime, good audio and the ability to install 3rd party apps but am open for suggestions...

Posted via CB10
    The browser hasn't been updated in years and probably will never be updated again. It also gets slow when loading up content heavy websites sometimes.

It's essentially an end of life OS unofficially.

It's sad because this OS could have been so powerful but it failed to take hold in the market.

04-12-17 05:28 PM
    I have PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205 and I love it. I'm Getting older and the larger screen helps. Games not big on my list so I'm happy. Would like to see a higher-end all touch BlackBerry phone

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-13-17 07:05 PM
    I'd wait for a passport on android...that would be a real killer!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 03:46 AM
    I would definitely recommend it if you don't care about whatsapp as it's a great device for email, Web browsing and YouTube there's no problem whatsoever, people who are complaining about battery life and screen issues are must be hardware related problems means they need to replace battery or LCD etc.

I've two BB Passport one white and one Red and both work great, the white one I had issues with battery which is good now after replace the battery.

Go for it!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-14-17 05:34 AM
    I would definitely recommend it if you don't care about whatsapp as it's a great device for email, Web browsing and YouTube there's no problem whatsoever, people who are complaining about battery life and screen issues are must be hardware related problems means they need to replace battery or LCD etc.

I've two BB Passport one white and one Red and both work great, the white one I had issues with battery which is good now after replace the battery.

Go for it!
    I've had a Red Passport since 2015 that I've used a daily driver off and on and I've had zero problems with it. Battery life is still stellar. Websites I would say load a smidge slower than my iPhone 7Plus but that's to be expected.

04-14-17 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    yup, that would kill the whole point of owning a passport.

Posted via CBX
    04-14-17 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ain't nobody got time for that. It's not gonna happen even if google adjusted their screen ratio policy, there wouldn't be enough interest for that kind of phone. But we sure can hope for miracles. 8)

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 10:03 AM
    I had a Z10 and loved the passport but I postponed buying it time and again. Everyone around had iphone. But I did it last November and I am the happiest man on earth.

But be ready for some laughing around.

Highly recommended. Great experience. Never let you down. It really works.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 10:06 AM
    I had a Z10 and loved the passport but I postponed buying it time and again. Everyone around had iphone. But I did it last November and I am the happiest man on earth.

But be ready for some laughing around.

Highly recommended. Great experience. Never let you down. It really works.

Posted via CB10
    "They laugh at me because im different, I laugh at them because they are all the same."

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 12:05 PM
187 ... 45678