Still stuck on stage 1? What is stage 2? Anger/frustration? We are all trying to avoid stage 5...acceptance. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 11:15 AM
    Still stuck on stage 1? What is stage 2? Anger/frustration? We are all trying to avoid stage 5...acceptance. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    It's all about baby steps. Sooner or later we will all be at stage 5. Atleast I hope there won't be threads in 5 years with the title, '10 reasons bb10 is still NOT dead in 2022! Where's 10.3.4??'

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    03-13-17 11:24 AM
    I think that most of his viewers are Blackberry fans, or Blackberry users.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    True.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-13-17 11:52 AM
    Get a passport SE. Everything works. Trust me. I have a DTEK and I constantly have to use my SE to do things the stupid DTEK should do running Android?! Like ebay for example. Hot mess on android. Wet panties on BB10. Every day my brain hurts trying to figure out how android and ios are even functional but then I remember who they cater to. I mean you literally have to download an App for EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING !!!!
    The ONLY reason I will get the the Snowden phone (KEYone) is because of the keyboard. Or as I call it the Wikileaks one. Plus the SE has an amazing battery. Those people who have bad battery life are obviously not using it per the instructions and using the vibrate function for 'other' things besides notifications. Of course good luck finding a cheap SE any where they run from 250.00 to 500.00 still it's insane but it attest to the garbage Android is and PP is not. It's like that last diesel excursion with the million mile engine in it 30k + for a 12 year old truck. You have to take a step back and not be distracted by shiny objects aka known as polished fecal matter.

FYI I typed all of this on said BB PP SE. Like a boss.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 01:19 AM
    Though I am still pretty envious of anyone with a red passport

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 01:24 AM
    Get a passport SE. Everything works. Trust me. I have a DTEK and I constantly have to use my SE to do things the stupid DTEK should do running Android?! Like ebay for example. Hot mess on android. Wet panties on BB10. Every day my brain hurts trying to figure out how android and ios are even functional but then I remember who they cater to. I mean you literally have to download an App for EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING !!!!
    The ONLY reason I will get the the Snowden phone (KEYone) is because of the keyboard. Or as I call it the Wikileaks one. Plus the SE has an amazing battery. Those people who have bad battery life are obviously not using it per the instructions and using the vibrate function for 'other' things besides notifications. Of course good luck finding a cheap SE any where they run from 250.00 to 500.00 still it's insane but it attest to the garbage Android is and PP is not. It's like that last diesel excursion with the million mile engine in it 30k + for a 12 year old truck. You have to take a step back and not be distracted by shiny objects aka known as polished fecal matter.

Posted via CB10
    May I ask why you call the KEYone the Snowden phone?
    03-14-17 12:00 PM
    Though I am still pretty envious of anyone with a red passport

Posted via CB10
    Me too ;-)
    03-14-17 04:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well said
    03-14-17 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes the SE I got here in the philippines is about 360 dollars.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 07:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm feeling every word of this. Just tried to use the Priv as a daily driver and I don't think it's going to work.

So frustrating. The passport is a beast though. I might just go Passport/iPad as my dual wield device.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-14-17 07:50 PM
    I owned a Passport two years ago and moved on to Android. This week I decided... I'm going back to Black!
    It really depends on what you are wanting out of a phone. I evaluated my needs and they are:
    - Calls
    - Messaging
    - Amazon/eBay shopping
    - Facebook
    - a little Instagram
    - Navigation
    - News
    - Podcasts

All the rest on a phone is fluff for me. The Passport can do all of my basic needs like a champ. Sure, I will be using third-party apps for two Social Media accounts but I am more than ok with that. The Android apps I want to sideload are there should I want them and I don't necessarily care if they are the latest version, either.
    So... if you are like me and don't care about gaming and the latest applications you should be fine!
    Anyways... I plan on never selling this one because even a decade from now I will still want to pull this out to browse through and appreciate how unique it was.
    ratfinkstooley and d6821 like this.
    03-14-17 10:16 PM
    Honestly, I just switched to iPhone, and I used the Priv recently...and there is no replacement for the workflow or apps that I have on BB10. BB10 has a few third party apps that are indispensable. It's surprising.

SmartList10, High Notes, KeyPassB, bPod, FastTube, Parrot, MoonCalc...

And part of the reason is that the file system is system integrated and easy to use. High Notes directs to a folder in the file system. I can direct it to a DropBox folder as naturally as if it were on my desktop computer. Or syncing my KeyPass password database over DropBox without having to log in through the app? Or manually manage back and forth between the app and the dropbox app by sharing the file between apps (iPhone is unbelievably inelegant in this regard). I just can't do these things easily, simply, or with an attractive and consistent user interface on any other platform.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter and d6821 like this.
    03-15-17 09:05 AM
    I owned a Passport two years ago and moved on to Android. This week I decided... I'm going back to Black!
    It really depends on what you are wanting out of a phone. I evaluated my needs and they are:
    - Calls
    - Messaging
    - Amazon/eBay shopping
    - Facebook
    - a little Instagram
    - Navigation
    - News
    - Podcasts

All the rest on a phone is fluff for me. The Passport can do all of my basic needs like a champ. Sure, I will be using third-party apps for two Social Media accounts but I am more than ok with that. The Android apps I want to sideload are there should I want them and I don't necessarily care if they are the latest version, either.
    So... if you are like me and don't care about gaming and the latest applications you should be fine!
    Anyways... I plan on never selling this one because even a decade from now I will still want to pull this out to browse through and appreciate how unique it was.
    If I may refer you to Pocketcast. A truly amazing app that is the most revered by many Podcasters alike. I have it on my Passport and I've used it on iPhone and Android.
    It's in the Google Play Store or I'm sure you can find it at Aptoide

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 01:39 PM
    Reading these comments makes me want to go back to a passport as I dearly miss
    03-15-17 02:37 PM
    U need to go for blackberry passport.. bcoz it's unique and amazing

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 03:34 PM
    Better snap up your BB10 phones now. They're quickly rising in price due to lack of availibility.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 12:28 PM
    I sold my iPhone 6 plus for a Passport this month lol. Watching youtube is fine, doesn't bother me using the browser version at all. I also use supertube as well. Twitter is good and iGrann for instagram is good to.

I think that people spending too much time on these apps is the problem, people have to be on it every day making pointless posts for likes that mean nothing to no one but them selves and if people don't get any, they get depressed and I am like seriously? You that bothered what someone thinks on the Internet of you? Get over that and you get over the need to look at them everyday.

As for Youtube, I host a programming vlog on mine, but I would rather do that on my i7 4790k, 1080 sli PC then fiddle with managing videos on my phone. Regardless of make and model. I just watch content on youtube on my phone. I watched a five hour video on a guy sail from Siberia to the Caribbean at work and didn't care about the letterboxed screen

But if your like me and just use these services as ways of storing photos and media so you don't have to keep them on your device, then what's available is enough. Especially how they are technically unlimited storage for photos. I have no interest in looking at other people's post or following them

I have just told people if they want me, they can email or text me. The fact people are more hesitant to message me is a good thing. Because now I avoid a lot of pointless distracting conversations.

I just made a post on games, I would rather play emulators of fully fledged console games, then have something which is a repetitive on the go high score games. All the emulators I mentioned automatically save the state when you close the game and can be loaded exactly where you left off when you open them again.

Now I have covered social media and game work around, what else more would you need from this phone. I got access to my Onedrive and dropbox, I can edit documents on the fly with a big screen and separate keyboard. And all my email clients work fine.

So as long as what I have mentioned above keeps working, (don't care about twitter). I will be keeping this phone until I can upgrade again in October 2018.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 06:28 PM
    I sold my iPhone 6 plus for a Passport this month lol. Watching youtube is fine, doesn't bother me using the browser version at all. I also use supertube as well. Twitter is good and iGrann for instagram is good to.

I think that people spending too much time on these apps is the problem, people have to be on it every day making pointless posts for likes that mean nothing to no one but them selves and if people don't get any, they get depressed and I am like seriously? You that bothered what someone thinks on the Internet of you? Get over that and you get over the need to look at them everyday.

Posted via CB10
    LOVE. I'm like you... I don't care if an app is the "latest and greatest". If a third party client or old sideload works I'm good to go. I'd rather have a unique device like the Passport than another phone you see every day.
    03-16-17 07:36 PM
    For me personally, it would depend on price.

If I could get a brand new Silver Edition Passport from a reputable retailer for well under $200, I'd definitely consider it. But phones like the Moto G4, G4 Plus, and OnePlus 3 make the $200-$300 phone space pretty competitive.
    03-16-17 07:48 PM
    Absolutely!!! Better yet the Silver Edition. Great size. Quality. Works well and fast webpage loading and connectivity. Stylish. Super easy to read stuff. Lots of compliments from onlookers. Bb10 a great software.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 07:52 PM
    I got passport white three months ago and I am quite satisfied. My second phone is android os though.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 08:36 PM
    Ive changed my mind. Use BB10 as long as you're able. It's such a delight.

I'm currently using an iPhone 7 that I may return. For some reason it's signed me out of my stock trading app (it does this for a lot of apps after a few weeks of being signed in) and it didnt alert me to an a business meeting invitation email from my Outlook app. I had to open the app to fetch new messages...I guess the app had stopped it's background process sometime overnight. So i guess I'll move my business email to the regular email app. So third party apps arent even reliable.

Of course BB10 has no such issues, somehow. Even with my Android stock trading app.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 12:56 AM
    Ive changed my mind. Use BB10 as long as you're able. It's such a delight.

I'm currently using an iPhone 7 that I may return. For some reason it's signed me out of my stock trading app (it does this for a lot of apps after a few weeks of being signed in) and it didnt alert me to an a business meeting invitation email from my Outlook app. I had to open the app to fetch new messages...I guess the app had stopped it's background process sometime overnight. So i guess I'll move my business email to the regular email app. So third party apps arent even reliable.

Of course BB10 has no such issues, somehow. Even with my Android stock trading app.

Posted via CB10
    It's always only about the time, which you are willing to spend for the solution. Added value of those-issues-freeiPhone 7 basically overleaps any BB10 device.

But I have all the respect that you probably make some kind of bigger business, so you need to be able to rely on the technologies right from the box, not spending entire weekends in solving problems.

Still, I think that, as BB10 was great, iP7 is incomparably better device in all the aspects (except keyboard).

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    03-24-17 03:37 PM
    I reordered a Passport after two years of not having one. Having used it one week I can recommend you buy it but not as your daily driver (if apps w notifications are important to you).
    I love the design, build and thought into Passport but being BB10 has been abandoned it is definitely showing in my day-to-day usage.
    I thought I could get by using it without a backup phone but have noticed I have missed so many notifications from side loaded apps that it has begun to be somewhat of a burden (specifically Facebook - When I previously had the phone it was supported).
    It is still a brilliant device that I wish were still supported but I am seeing many areas in which it becoming outdated.
    KeyOne soon for me, though!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 07:25 PM
    I love my Passport SE. I bought a spare new last sale. I'm buying a red one from a mate in Toronto soon and I plan on using that until the Keyone has been reduced around Christmas or so. Until then my passport does everything I need it to do. It is the best keyboard I have ever used. Every now and then I use my Classic but I still prefer my Passport.

Posted via my Beautiful BlackBerry Classic
    ratfinkstooley and d6821 like this.
    03-28-17 07:40 PM
187 ... 34567 ...