Oh sorry I must be in the wrong section of this forum. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    This whole thread turned into something weird. Lol no worries
    03-07-17 06:17 PM
    Yes, but not now

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-09-17 02:27 AM
    Despite the OS support, could the passport survive right now even with the lack of apps especially with native or third party apps on the social media platform?
    03-11-17 09:41 AM
    Despite the OS support, could the passport survive right now even with the lack of apps especially with native or third party apps on the social media platform?
    I tried to use Face10 for Facebook, native BlackBerry 10 app from Nemory, it is limited and does not work well. I tried to use apk's installed directly onto the phone, some work some don't. For Instagram I use Insta10 which is ok, and for Tumblr I use Wall10, native Blackberry again. The idea is on the long term, if you need social media or apps you'd better get an Android or an iPhone. Otherwise, the phone works ok with email and voice.
    03-11-17 09:46 AM
    I was after a mid range phablet, tried the Note 4 and A9 Pro and just felt a bit sick at the tricked out build, horrible garish screens and bloaty app experiences. I'm not a gamer and am glad to have limited access to the scrimmage of social media and related crap. I'm self employed and not tied into compatibility headaches with colleagues.

So when my G3 finally became unusable last month (after 8 weeks of headbanging c/o the LG screen dimming disease) I bought a mint Passport on eBay for £125.

I love it for all the reasons people say on here especially doc editing and commenting on the fly. I find it drops 10% of charge overnight which is fine. In a brown leather Stilgut case it is as cool as beans. Iconic.

Neutron is an impressive music app.

And BB10 is amazing. Full of delights after 5 years on android.

I'm going to ride it out for a couple of years before slinking back to android when this tank wears out. I can see why people are laying them down for posterity but the steady unavoidable demise of the battery and high cost of replacements I think is the limiter for me. My one gripe is that the battery is not removable but I get a day plus with steady use.

I should warn you that I also love minidiscs.

Posted via CB10
    Minidiscs are the BEST!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:36 AM
    I tried to use Face10 for Facebook, native BlackBerry 10 app from Nemory, it is limited and does not work well. I tried to use apk's installed directly onto the phone, some work some don't. For Instagram I use Insta10 which is ok, and for Tumblr I use Wall10, native Blackberry again. The idea is on the long term, if you need social media or apps you'd better get an Android or an iPhone. Otherwise, the phone works ok with email and voice.
    So in other words it will survive for now?
    03-11-17 11:02 AM
    So in other words it will survive for now?
    Yes, of course. I am not sure if WhatsApp apk works on Blackberry 10, never tried. I mean, after June 30 when WhatsApp will cut off support for Blackberry 10 phones. Probably yes, I have to try and see.
    03-11-17 11:09 AM
    Yes, of course. I am not sure if WhatsApp apk works on Blackberry 10, never tried. I mean, after June 30 when WhatsApp will cut off support for Blackberry 10 phones. Probably yes, I have to try and see.
    But in the long run you don't see it surviving? Because the apk apps will be to outdated unless blackberry updates its google services?
    03-11-17 02:54 PM
    But in the long run you don't see it surviving? Because the apk apps will be to outdated unless blackberry updates its google services?
    No, in the long run, and even in the short run, it is dead. No updates, no new phones, no developers creating apps for a platform that has under 1% user base. So, I would not buy one, unless it is very cheap or for free.
    03-11-17 03:06 PM
    No, in the long run, and even in the short run, it is dead. No updates, no new phones, no developers creating apps for a platform that has under 1% user base. So, I would not buy one, unless it is very cheap or for free.
    The WhatApp APK works fine on BB10. When I was on android and iPhone I never had the Facebook app installed as to not consume resources and battery. The web browser works fine then and now. Insta10 or iGrann for instagram, Browsie Browser with FirFox engine for Google+.
    I can go on and on. There are workarounds for most everything but if you need it all then yes by all means get an Android phone.

I have all the BB10 apps I need and do all that I need. There are many benefits to BB10 and is not yet dead. Yes it's limited but not everyone lives their life through every possible app on their phone.
    6 of these and 1/2 a dozen of the other as I see it. There are pluses and minuses to any choice you make. My Passport is still doing all I need.
    Not dead yet but I plan on sticking around for the funeral.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:37 PM
    The WhatApp APK works fine on BB10. When I was on android and iPhone I never had the Facebook app installed as to not consume resources and battery. The web browser works fine then and now. Insta10 or iGrann for instagram, Browsie Browser with FirFox engine for Google+.
    I can go on and on. There are workarounds for most everything but if you need it all then yes by all means get an Android phone.

I have all the BB10 apps I need and do all that I need. There are many benefits to BB10 and is not yet dead. Yes it's limited but not everyone lives their life through every possible app on their phone.
    6 of these and 1/2 a dozen of the other as I see it. There are pluses and minuses to any choice you make. My Passport is still doing all I need.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 OS till the wheels fall! BB4L!
    03-11-17 11:31 PM
    A good choice by choosing a passport. I have had one sine 2016, felt satisfied with browsing the internet, emails, music and of course, basic features of calling, messaging. Go ahead and enjoy it!
    03-12-17 12:04 AM
    I'm using a SE passport as my main phone and a Priv for back up.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 12:41 AM
    A good choice by choosing a passport. I have had one sine 2016, felt satisfied with browsing the internet, emails, music and of course, basic features of calling, messaging. Go ahead and enjoy it!
    If you do use a lot of social media is the struggle real?
    03-12-17 12:51 PM
    I'm using a SE passport as my main phone and a Priv for back up.

Posted via CB10
    So I suppose you don't use the passport for social media and you use the priv for that? But if you don't is the struggle real with the passport?
    03-12-17 12:52 PM
    I bought mine a year ago to replace my Z10. I don't like buying a new phone just to follow the trend. So I'm going to wait until my passport is dying on me. I think it is still a good device for work. Battery life starting to suffer though after recent update. But I still use it for many things: e-book, browsing, email, messaging, etc. I don't do much whatsapp, snapchat, twitter, etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 01:24 PM
    So I suppose you don't use the passport for social media and you use the priv for that? But if you don't is the struggle real with the passport?
    Yes I use the priv for social media. This is my second passport. The first one I got when it was release un fortunately I broke it. I know the phones pro's and cons so I try to avoid the cons. Hehehe.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 04:20 PM
    I m already used blackberry z30. And I know what is blackberry 10 so I choose blackberry passport for my main phone. After few days uses blackberry Passport I say only one thing it is a amazing...

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-12-17 04:33 PM
    The passport is a good daily driver for its propose that is messaging, emails schedules etc. Other than that look for something else if you plan to use it as a media device. I have had 2 Z10's, Z30, black passport a classix, priv and now SE passport. And a couple of android phones in the middle of the mix. I always tend to go back to blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 07:23 PM
    Well I guess I'm hearing both good and bad about using the passport in 2017
    03-12-17 09:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    What WhatsApp apk version you use? I tried a couple and none of them was able to send pictures. For me, it is the main issue of future use of a Blackberry 10 phone. Other than that, I really like the BB10 OS.
    03-13-17 12:02 AM
  22. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Still awsome

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-13-17 12:05 AM
    What WhatsApp apk version you use? I tried a couple and none of them was able to send pictures. For me, it is the main issue of future use of a Blackberry 10 phone. Other than that, I really like the BB10 OS.
    Try this and see if this helps you.

Jan Ole Helmbold - BB10 WHATSAPP PROBLEM FIX! - via SuperTube for BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 04:01 AM
    Try this and see if this helps you.

Jan Ole Helmbold - BB10 WHATSAPP PROBLEM FIX! - via SuperTube for BlackBerry 10!

Posted via CB10
    Thought I was the only one who watched his videos!

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-13-17 06:43 AM
    Thought I was the only one who watched his videos!

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    I think that most of his viewers are Blackberry fans, or Blackberry users.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    03-13-17 06:45 AM
187 ... 23456 ...