BB10, especially passport targets specific group of people.
    I don't know about others but I don't play game on on my phone, instead I read so big square screen is a plus. Hub and os doesn't take a lot of time to set up and reliable for daily basic. Be able to run some android side app complete what I want for a phone. Worth to mention that I have android tablet so what I can't do on my phone I use tablet.
    Having no mean of online social interaction and video game on the phone force me to have conversation with people more and more. So it can be a disadvantage for those who can't keep their eyes off phone or know how to make a conversation.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and reinem like this.
    03-05-17 03:27 PM
    I stare at my passport a lot.

Posted via CBX
    03-06-17 09:13 AM

Posted via CBX
    Sounds like you need a spouse.
    03-06-17 09:28 AM

Posted via CBX
    I also stare at mine, but apart from the great looks, it is kinda limited.
    03-06-17 10:05 AM
    mine's not.

Posted via CBX
    03-06-17 10:08 AM
    I was after a mid range phablet, tried the Note 4 and A9 Pro and just felt a bit sick at the tricked out build, horrible garish screens and bloaty app experiences. I'm not a gamer and am glad to have limited access to the scrimmage of social media and related crap. I'm self employed and not tied into compatibility headaches with colleagues.

So when my G3 finally became unusable last month (after 8 weeks of headbanging c/o the LG screen dimming disease) I bought a mint Passport on eBay for £125.

I love it for all the reasons people say on here especially doc editing and commenting on the fly. I find it drops 10% of charge overnight which is fine. In a brown leather Stilgut case it is as cool as beans. Iconic.

Neutron is an impressive music app.

And BB10 is amazing. Full of delights after 5 years on android.

I'm going to ride it out for a couple of years before slinking back to android when this tank wears out. I can see why people are laying them down for posterity but the steady unavoidable demise of the battery and high cost of replacements I think is the limiter for me. My one gripe is that the battery is not removable but I get a day plus with steady use.

I should warn you that I also love minidiscs.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 03:44 PM
    Yes indeed buy one! I bought 4 Passport SEs.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 03:55 PM
    Yes indeed buy one! I bought 4 Passport SEs.

Posted via CB10
    Sooo.... what yer saying is that there is no No with that Yes.

A month ago I would say Absolutely without hesitation, but with shop BlackBerry out of stock and the resultant increase in pricing from third party sellers on eBay and Amazon, I would now have to add a caveat that one should shop around for a good deal.

The phone itself is a joy to use. I like using any excuse to send a message on my Passport. I don't use Android aops, so that is not relevant to me, but it might be to most people.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 05:31 PM
    Sooo.... what yer saying is that there is no No with that Yes.

A month ago I would say Absolutely without hesitation, but with shop BlackBerry out of stock and the resultant increase in pricing from third party sellers on eBay and Amazon, I would now have to add a caveat that one should shop around for a good deal.

The phone itself is a joy to use. I like using any excuse to send a message on my Passport. I don't use Android aops, so that is not relevant to me, but it might be to most people.

Posted via CB10
    If you're willing to purchase used there seems to be more on the market as people prepare for the KEYone but prices are still a little inflated due to them being out of stock.

like above posted said, if you're patient and willing to wait for the right deal you can find a good buy.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 06:14 PM
    Now I got blackberry passport... I didn't stop to my self buying a passport.
    Using it still great experience!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 09:14 PM
    Thanks for all your suggestion and great advice!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 09:15 PM
    Why do people keep saying the OS will not last!?! The older OS 7 is still functioning and going. So the BB10 OS is going to be ok even without any updates.
    ratfinkstooley, 1Sleeper7 and eckl like this.
    03-06-17 11:52 PM
    In short, no you shouldn't.

The youtube experience is better with ios and android and same goes for games, also the screen is far from optimal for media consumption.
    You can get "almost" every android app running on the phone trough some fiddling but those app don't run as well as the native apps.
    The passport is a great device but this train will very soon run it's course.

Also in the future please read at least the first page of the sub-forum and look for similar threads so we don't have 3 "should I buy a passport in 201X" topics going on.
    Total agree!! but keep finding myself returning to passport time and ⌚ again the experience is that great.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 04:19 AM
    Total agree!! but I keep finding myself returning to passport time and ⌚ again the experience is that great.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 04:20 AM
    Why do people keep saying the OS will not last!?! The older OS 7 is still functioning and going. So the BB10 OS is going to be ok even without any updates.
    I've said it for years and it's not crackberry's fault, many people come to CB forum for info about BB phones but so many posts are irrationally negative that IMHO the CB Forum posts have driven away many possible BB buyers and it's a shame. Half the posters seem to be, here simply to debate. As with all forums.
    eckl likes this.
    03-07-17 08:28 AM
    When they say the phone isn't going to last, it's not that the phone itself isn't going to last, it's that support, updates, and the technology may not be supported anymore. If it's not supported, emerging threats make older devices more susceptible to malware and things like it.

For instance, if I'm correct, 2G was phased out by carriers which means that some older legacy devices wouldn't be able to access the internet. It's just the nature of the beast. As newer technology comes in, older ones get phased out. If you only need a call and text phone, any BlackBerry will do. If you need the internet, chances are that a legacy device isn't what you would want or need.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    03-07-17 08:43 AM
    When they say the phone isn't going to last, it's not that the phone itself isn't going to last, it's that support, updates, and the technology may not be supported anymore. If it's not supported, emerging threats make older devices more susceptible to malware and things like it.

For instance, if I'm correct, 2G was phased out by carriers which means that some older legacy devices wouldn't be able to access the internet. It's just the nature of the beast. As newer technology comes in, older ones get phased out. If you only need a call and text phone, any BlackBerry will do. If you need the internet, chances are that a legacy device isn't what you would want or need.

If that were the case then why do older blackberry devices still work just fine? I'm referring to the OS 7 such as the bolds, torches, curves and so on.
    03-07-17 10:34 AM

Wrong! Just like how windows xp was supposedly phased out a long time ago hey and declared legacy? But banks and govt agencies aren't going anywhere? Actually securing my xp is way faster and easier than later builds.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 11:01 AM
    Wrong! Just like how windows xp was supposedly phased out a long time ago hey and declared legacy? But banks and govt agencies aren't going anywhere? Actually securing my xp is way faster and easier than later builds.

Posted via CB10
    Keeping XP should be made punishable by flogging, that and pre-Edge IE are a cannonball shackled to the ankle of the industry.

But these banks and government agencies probably have a COBOL mainframe in a basement somewhere, so XP is likely the least of their worries.
    werkregen likes this.
    03-07-17 12:30 PM

o

It's always been about the software because BlackBerry hardware has mostly been top notch. I really enjoy looking and typing on my passport. It's so satisfying. I think everyone on here would agree. As long as you know what to expect, then the passport is fine for what it does really well. The question for me is what to think about the KEYone. If only not for android. I'll have to see.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 01:34 PM

Well then I suppose the same comparison can be made to Windows and Mac. Windows updated is more secure than Mac but the market share of Mac is so small that their systems are not an attractive target thus they don't often get breached. Apple like to brag that they are more sucure but that is not the case.
    So for the number of BB10 devices and current security I would have to say you safe as my wife's new pair of shoes. She guards them with her pointy metal nail file.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 03:47 PM
    o

It's always been about the software because BlackBerry hardware has mostly been top notch. I really enjoy looking and typing on my passport. It's so satisfying. I think everyone on here would agree. As long as you know what to expect, then the passport is fine for what it does really well. The question for me is what to think about the KEYone. If only not for android. I'll have to see.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't talking about the current devices which should be good for a while. I was talking about legacy devices.
    03-07-17 05:22 PM
    Well then I suppose the same comparison can be made to Windows and Mac. Windows updated is more secure than Mac but the market share of Mac is so small that their systems are not an attractive target thus they don't often get breached. Apple like to brag that they are more sucure but that is not the case.
    So for the number of BB10 devices and current security I would have to say you safe as my wife's new pair of shoes. She guards them with her pointy metal nail file.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't talking about bb10. I was talking about legacy devices.
    03-07-17 05:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    We have a windows running xp at work and every time we turn it on it gives us a notification about it not being supported. When you fire up Chrome on it, it says that XP isn't supported anymore.

I didn't just make that stuff up.
    03-07-17 05:24 PM
    I wasn't talking about bb10. I was talking about legacy devices.
    Oh sorry I must be in the wrong section of this forum. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 06:16 PM
187 12345 ...