Not unless you know how to install android

Posted via CB10
    nealjane likes this.
    03-02-17 03:26 PM
    I not uses lot of apps..not a lover of whatsapp..
    My main requirements is YouTube , Mail, and browser and some time playing games..
    If you use just one phone as your daily driver, please don't do it. Save yourself from the problems that BB10 is still having. I assume you like PKB. Get a K1 and you can be sure to have probably at least 2 years update.

Posted through my  Z30
    03-02-17 04:45 PM
    My main requirements is YouTube , Mail, and browser and some time playing games..
    This guy hasn't even replied in this thread.

Just get one. End thread

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    03-02-17 06:11 PM
    The best device ever

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    LuxuryTouringZone likes this.
    03-02-17 07:56 PM
    It depends on what you will be using the Passport for. I am continually using my Passport as an adjunct to my daily driver Classic. I use the Passport for lots of reading such as eBooks and it is also perfect for online courses.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 08:04 PM
    I just did. Great phone.... even in 2017.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-02-17 09:42 PM
    If passport version 2 release with android. I will buy it again

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-02-17 09:50 PM
    Now I am using HTC one, before HTC one I was used BlackBerry z30 . But I m not satisfied with android device after using BlackBerry z30. Because android is is laggy and buggy. Not so smooth as BlackBerry os . After using BlackBerry os dont like android os.
    03-03-17 12:48 AM

Just get one. End thread

Posted via CB10
    I read all of your comments and think to buy or not.. thank for your suggestions my friend
    03-03-17 12:55 AM
    If you use just one phone as your daily driver, please don't do it. Save yourself from the problems that BB10 is still having. I assume you like PKB. Get a K1 and you can be sure to have probably at least 2 years update.

Posted through my  Z30
    I want to BlackBerry PP for main Phone . And I have an extra android phone
    03-03-17 12:57 AM
    PP is for business not for gaming
    I mean it stands out when you read documents

Posted via CB10
    I m not a heavy game user not a gamer.. only some time playing games for time passes
    03-03-17 01:03 AM
    Don't get a Passport.

What phone do you use now, anyway?
    I already used BlackBerry 10 os . And I like so much compare to android os . But I m confused to buy BlackBerry 10 os in 2017 . And passport
    03-03-17 01:19 AM
    I love blackberry, and im sending this message through my BlackBerry Passport. Better u get a KEYone if it for social use. I tried download the google play patch, however most off the social apps not really working well with my BlackBerry Passport(e.g. Whats app, Insta and etc..)

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-03-17 04:24 AM
    Look these threads are really a non starter. Your asking about it, this means you either have a OS 10 phone or have already done the research.

The long and short of it is this, you want it and can get what you want at a great price then buy it. Don't let people with their own biases decide for you.
    raqball and The_Passporter like this.
    03-03-17 07:53 AM
    Look these threads are really a non starter. Your asking about it, this means you either have a OS 10 phone or have already done the research.

The long and short of it is this, you want it and can get what you want at a great price then buy it. Don't let people with their own biases decide for you.
    Thanks for great suggestions
    03-03-17 08:50 AM
    I say go for it, you obviously have an curiosity for this blackberry phone so go ahead I don't think you'll be disappointed. Life is to short YOLO on the blackberry phone!
    03-03-17 09:52 AM
    To ratfinkstooley,

Sticking with my red til at least 2018...until the PKB stop working...don't have iphone either...but app wise we know iOS is better than andriod

My Red Blackberry Passport
    03-03-17 10:15 AM

this guy sums it up beautifully...sorry if this was already posted

Posted via CBX
    nealjane and andy957 like this.
    03-03-17 01:41 PM
    I use mine as much now as I did at the start. It is still the only hand-held business productivity device in town. I do all my daily work on it and have not looked at a laptop in yonks (what's that?) If you want a predominantly social media and gaming device this is not the device for you but if you want to operate your business on it, then get one. You won't regret it. As for those saying the camera is rubbish. I would disagree wholeheartedly. I need to take good quality clear non-professional photographs for a living, as part of my job, and I have never had any issues with getting good clear usable images taken during daylight and night time. My photos are of documents, receipts, food, buildings. The only thing I hate about this phone is:

1. The phone. When I hold it to my ear to play back messages, it goes all garbled and I need to start again. Keeping it flat on loudspeaker works best. Same with talking on the phone. Flat and loudspeaker is far better than ear to ear.

2. Facebook native app is not that good. When you try to type inside facebook there is far too much lag to type messages. No great loss as I have much better things to do with my time than read about the daily trivia of peoples' dull little lives.

Things that I particularly love:

1. The keypad is excellent for typing two handed very quickly.
    2. I love being able to synchronise my Outlook calander with this phone - free of charge too.
    3. The screensize is excellent for reading documents in 'reading mode'.
    4. I can log into a client web site, pull up a form to fill out after a fieldwork visit, fill it out with tickbox answers, type out or even dictate words into comment boxes too, attach photos and screen-grabs of images to upload with the form and then send the darned thing off to the client. I can do this in the car or over a Costa Coffee en-route instead of waiting until I get home and having to trundle through a pile of reports when I am tired and hungry after a day on the road. No other device allows me this much time-saving efficiency when my memory is fresh.

4. If I don't want to fill out forms en-route I can just dictate my answers into the voice-recorder and then replay at home to fill out the form.

5. The document management apps (Word, Excel) allows me to transfer my accounting schedule and other work related pdf documents electronically. I don't need to print out wadges of papers to take with me. I hardly ever use my printer now - for printing out or scanning.

My device does just about everything work-related and I am going to be gutted if I can't use it like I can now. I can't see any other device coming close to this one, not even the newer BB devices. I am particularly worried that I won't be able to synchronise Microsoft Outlook with my device on a different phone. I am so diary dependent - not just for scheduling my day but also checking back on old diary entries for details I may have used for visits to some locations I may have visited in the past, which are all currently on Outlook going back three or four years. Losing that ability will be gut wrenching.

The rest I can probably get around by using a tablet or phablet alternative to remain portable on the go (although I will hate using a screen keyboard) The future looks grim.
    brianodwyer and aslamk47 like this.
    03-03-17 05:26 PM
    the sound of a blackberry phone is one of the signature experiences.
    the passport is no exception. some of the magic involves several microphones working simultaneously to do things like active noise cancellation... anyway, I know what you mean and it sucks when you lose that.
    sounds like you got some metal dust in through the speaker grill. I lost several blackberrys that way.. (machine shop pockets). well, not lost..but forced to use bluetooth or speakerphone.
    not sure if this speaker is replaceable, but the q10 wasn't. if you have very steady hands, you may be able to clear it from the membrane, but the magnet is so strong and the speaker is very fragile. luckily the speakerphone experience is also above reproach!

Posted via CBX
    03-03-17 06:33 PM
    "should I buy BlackBerry passport in 2017? need your suggestions please"

Yes.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-03-17 07:36 PM
    If you plan on typing on your phone a lot, yes. Buy a Passport. Mine still works great. Last update had some issues, browsing is a bit more painful but youtube works fine. Battery is less than what it used to be, and if that continues to irk me, I might roll back a version or two. But it does everything I need it to. If you aren't strapped for cash, why not?
    03-04-17 12:41 AM
    I was a BlackBerry user between 2009 - September 2016, when I switched to Android in the form of a Huawei Mate 8. Great phone. For two weeks I have been trying to convince myself that it is still worth buying a Passport, so I have been using one. All that I can say is it is far inferior to the Mate, in battery, apps and all other respects. So, in short, don't buy one. I went to sleep with 90% battery and in the morning, 7 hours later, it dropped to 30%, and that happened to me twice in two weeks. No Android apps installed, just the (very) basic BB10 apps. I wanted to use the phone for work (E-mail, Blend, Word to Go), which is actually the best thing about a Passport. Now I have to go back to Mate 8, which is an impressive phone in all respects (updated to Nougat a couple of days). So, for me, it's bye bye BlackBerry 10. It is clearly a dead platform. Now, BB10 loyalists (if there are any remained) target practice on me.
    03-04-17 12:55 AM
    Web Browsing not good anymore. Browser needs update.
    Battery life suffering after last update.

I love my SE, but I used to get way more than a work day out of it, rarely ever talk on phone as it totally kills the battery.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    How is web browsing bad? I downloaded firefox and dolphin but still use bb browser 99% of time. My battery life gets me through the day, but not running a call center on it though. Unlocked black original PP.
    03-04-17 09:35 AM

Just get one. End thread

Posted via CB10
    Woof
    03-04-17 02:27 PM
187 1234 ...