A red PP is a rare beast indeed. I would be tempted to buy one just as a (possibly) collector's item, but as far as I know the battery cover is not similar to the OG PP in texture; it is a shiny, sort of, piece of plastic, not like the rubbery feel of the black one. And if this is the case, and I think it is, I wouldn't feel so good with that back cover. Then again, this is highly subjective. And it doesn't change the fact that the Red PP is seen as the rarest of all Passports!
    08-27-19 10:32 AM
    That is correct. All the original Passports had that beautifully sticky rubber back cover. The SE, Red and AT&T had the Diamond cut plastic back and rounded corners, very similar to my K2.

Posted with my Passport
    08-27-19 11:43 AM
    So, no Red for me then. Well, I'm still happy with both my OG and SE Passports!
    08-27-19 11:55 AM
    So, no Red for me then. Well, I'm still happy with both my OG and SE Passports!
    We'll if you want to be a "collector".
    08-27-19 12:00 PM
    Dear DDD,

No, I don't want to be a collector really. That;s why I stated my reservations about the Red PP. And I did say "possibly", did not say "likely".

Cheers!
    08-27-19 12:09 PM
    Yes. I have my SE as my main driver. No battery problems at all. Got my WhatsApp, F5 for Facebook and Messenger, iGrann, I do edit my business excel sheets in my Passport, and some other usable apps from BlackBerry World (including maps and etc)

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 02:17 PM
    I just bought a Passport on eBay for $230 shipped.

What's wrong with me?

There are only two reasons i did such a thing:

As an owner of a Red KEY2 and Atomic LE, my OCD insisted that I completed the red PKB collection...

The other reason is that the Red PP, being so rare, shouldn't be too hard to resale once i give up on BB10 again lol.

What am I doing ??
    Not intending to stir up the angst of your OCD beast, but you will also need a red Q5 to complete your crimson PKB quartet.

As a portable communication device, it may actually be the best of the bunch...
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 10:13 PM
    Export using .csv format.

When importing into BB10, select "BlackBerry 10" format.
    Thanks... it worked.
    08-27-19 10:19 PM
    That is correct. All the original Passports had that beautifully sticky rubber back cover. The SE, Red and AT&T had the Diamond cut plastic back and rounded corners, very similar to my K2.

Posted with my Passport
    What about the white one?

I have both a silver and black. On balance, I do prefer the silver.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 10:35 PM
    What about the white one?

I have both a silver and black. On balance, I do prefer the silver.

Posted via CB10
    I believe the White one is also Diamond back and bottom round corners.

Posted with my Passport
    08-27-19 11:00 PM
    As far as I know, diamond back is available on SE only. The Red and White have a plastic, glossy feel and the OG PP has the very smooth back cover. Also, only the SE and the At & T version have bottom round corners.
    OrlandoTruth likes this.
    08-28-19 08:23 AM
    Not intending to stir up the angst of your OCD beast, but you will also need a red Q5 to complete your crimson PKB quartet.

As a portable communication device, it may actually be the best of the bunch...
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    You have reactivated my Red PKB OCD and I shall promptly buy a Red Q5, even though I'm partially kicking myself for having spent the dough on already one BB10 device in 2019 lol
    08-28-19 09:32 AM
    Certain Passport models don’t play nicely on certain mobile carriers in your region. Jio, Reliance?? Used to see constant repeated complaints here in the forum threads.

On that note, good luck....
    I also have airtel sim..so no issues
    08-28-19 09:40 AM
    passport, as a simple phone to do a few things and maybe some email is okay. The joy of the physicality is there. Put the utility of the phone is gone.
    08-29-19 12:37 PM
    Very much depends on your needs.

Posted with my Passport
    saint300 likes this.
    08-29-19 12:46 PM
    If you get this phone, I suggest you download from Blackberry World as many apps as you think you might use before 12/31/19. BlackBerry World shuts down forever.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    09-04-19 12:30 AM
    I bought a Passport SE off of eBay and am having a lot of fun getting acquainted with BB 10. I use a Key2 for daily use and love it.
    I use very little social media and so far have had no problems with any of the Passport’s functionality. The battery lasts for days with light use and there has been none of the dreaded overheating.
    Last edited by zJill; 09-10-19 at 06:07 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-09-19 11:04 PM
    I bought a Passport SE off of eBay and am having a lot of fun getting acquainted with BB 10. I use a Key2 for daily use and love it.
    I use very little social media and so far have had no problems with any of the Passport’s functionality. The battery lasts for days with light use and there has been none of the dreaded overheating.
    Welcome to CB.... What are the SEs going for now?
    09-10-19 07:43 AM
    The Passport is a 5 year old phone running a non-common operating system that is End-Of-Life, and has an Android Runtime that was never "complete" and in any case is forever stuck at Android 4.3, while more and more Android apps have either 4.4 or 5 as the minimum supported version (and this is only going to continue to increase as time goes by).

As I mentioned in another thread, buying a phone like this for even simple daily driver use is a lot like buying a 1960s British sportscar (in America, where such cars are relatively uncommon) that's been sitting in a field for 20 years. It's not impossible to repair and restore it to the point where you can get some use out of it, but that's really a job for someone with a lot of expertise, experience, and a willingness to invest a whole lot of time and effort for a car that will never drive as well as a cheap, reliable 90's Miata.

There are folks here who can help you get some things working, or suggest work-arounds, and, it's not impossible, but this is a phone you're going to have to spend a lot of time keeping running, as opposed to just using it like a smartphone. If you aren't prepared to do that, or prepared to have an app or service suddenly and randomly stop working (such as when a service cuts off server-side access to older clients), then you might want to rethink if it's the phone for you.
    I agree with most of your analogy, except the part about the car sitting in a field. The fact is that many BB10 phones are 100% functional. They are just stuck in time. So, if the software you want to run works, then they are still 100% good to go, with the caveats that nothing that breaks will get fixed and that the app store will go dark at the end of the year.

My analogy would be you're buying an almost new 1960s sports car, which means it's missing many of the functions that modern drivers take for granted, its performance is awful compared to modern cars, and it's going to be very difficult, or impossible, to address any major breakdowns.

Not everyone wants or needs and all-purpose phone, though certainly most do.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-10-19 09:19 AM
    Mine was $150.
    09-10-19 09:21 AM
    If you get this phone, I suggest you download from Blackberry World as many apps as you think you might use before 12/31/19. BlackBerry World shuts down forever.
    Or don't download any. The real beauty of BB10 for me is running it stock and getting all my critical work done with maximum control and minimum distractions.

09-10-19 09:22 AM
    Hello Crackberry users!

I'm looking to purchase a passport to replace my work phone which is a S8.

I would like to know if buying a passport for only Emails, Waze (any satnav app), excel and word would be a good idea as I can't stand touch screen keyboard devices.

Currently use Blackberry key2 now as my personal.

Thanks all!
    Be aware that there are browser compatibility issues with the stock browser. I use mine in the excellent reader mode, which address most issues and let's me enjoy 99% of articles, but if you want to use Web apps, it's hit and miss. Many people install other browsers, but I'm happier with the performance of the native Browser and just accept it's limitations.

09-10-19 09:25 AM
    Or don't download any. The real beauty of BB10 for me is running it stock and getting all my critical work done with maximum control and minimum distractions.

Do you use it on 3G network?
    09-10-19 11:00 AM
    I get what you're saying. I didn't mean to say download everything you can. Only apps you plan to use. I have 3 BlackBerry phones and a Playbook.
    09-10-19 11:10 AM
    I agree with BB10adopter111 regarding not installing third party apps.
    One of the best things about this phone is NO GOOGLE.
    I am finding BB10 to be a great OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-19 02:16 PM
87 1234