This is a reference thread to document the different models and network bands for the BlackBerry Passport. Similar Z30, Z10, Q10, and Q5 threads are located here, here, here, and here, respectively.

Click on image to enlarge. CB10 users having difficulty loading the image below, click here for a larger image (CB link,) or here (Dropbox link.)

Attachment 365694

A few general things:

1. Consult the list above first, then the list of "Partially Compatible Carriers" below, if necessary.

2. How this works: click to enlarge the image above, and then compare your carrier's bands to figure out which model of the Passport is best for your use. If your carrier is not listed, check the PCC list below. If you still don't see it, you can ask for a compatibility check, or ask your carrier.

2a. 'Comparable to' column: If you already own a BB10 phone, you can quickly and easily figure out which Passport to get by looking at this column.
    The Passport model listed will always meet or exceed compatibility for the other BB10 phones listed in this column.

3. This thread is a work in progress, and may not yet be complete. It will be updated frequently. Usually, my sources of most information are "official" listings/documents: BlackBerry manuals, FCC filings, etc. This time, the ShopBlackBerry listing has been used as a source as well. As more information is made available, I will double check everything and update as necessary.

4. This is a community driven thread. So if you buy a Passport and would like to chime in with compatibility information, please feel free to do so and I will update the OP. I won't edit the list of "Compatible Carriers" unless I'm provided with solid proof (carriers' websites confirming bands/sub-models, other semi-reputable printed sources such as Wikipedia, etc.)

Partially
    Compatible (some 3G/HSPA+,or some LTE, but not all for both: )

SQW100-1, -3 and -4:
    Telstra, Taiwan Mobile, Vodafone NZ, Spark NZ, Zain Saudi Arabia: 3G/HSPA+ everywhere; LTE only in band 3 areas
    Optus: 3G/HSPA+ everywhere; LTE only in band 3 and 7 areas
    Airtel India, Aircel, China Unicom: 3G/HSPA+ everywhere; no LTE
    Softbank: LTE in band 1 areas; 3G/HSPA+ in UMTS band 1, band 8 areas
    NTT DoCoMo: LTE in band 1, band 3 areas; 3G/HSPA+ in UMTS band 1 areas
    08-25-19 05:45 PM
    Ok

Posted with my Passport
    08-25-19 05:47 PM
    Ok

Posted with my Passport
    I posted sticky above. It's also in the BlackBerry Passport forum as stick link if my post is broken. Sorry for the confusion. I'm using CB app instead of browser.
    08-25-19 05:51 PM
    It would seem that the Passport has all the band's and it is the carriers that have the restrictions. Is this correct?

Posted with my Passport
    08-25-19 05:56 PM
    It would seem that the Passport has all the band's and it is the carriers that have the restrictions. Is this correct?

Posted with my Passport
    The difference versions are optimized with bands for where you plan on using the device.
    08-25-19 06:03 PM
    Ah, ok. I get it.

Posted with my Passport
    08-25-19 06:05 PM
    Ah, ok. I get it.

Posted with my Passport
    Whew........ LOL I really messed up the link and repost so it's a miracle....
    08-25-19 06:11 PM
    No worries. I am not a technical guy, only know what I read. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-25-19 06:15 PM
    No worries. I am not a technical guy, only know what I read. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    You? Heck, I couldn't even handle simple cut and paste. If CB members ever found out........
    08-25-19 06:23 PM
    If you used a Passport, it would have been much easier!

Posted with my Passport
    08-25-19 06:41 PM
    If you used a Passport, it would have been much easier!

Posted with my Passport
    I did 3-4 years ago but I wasn't any better. I'm technology challenged stuck in a Y2K time continuum in a parallel existence.
    08-26-19 05:44 AM
    I just bought a Passport on eBay for $230 shipped.

What's wrong with me?

There are only two reasons i did such a thing:

As an owner of a Red KEY2 and Atomic LE, my OCD insisted that I completed the red PKB collection...

The other reason is that the Red PP, being so rare, shouldn't be too hard to resale once i give up on BB10 again lol.

What am I doing ??
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-26-19 11:11 AM

What's wrong with me?

As an owner of a Red KEY2 and Atomic LE, my OCD insisted that I completed the red PKB collection...

The other reason is that the Red PP, being so rare, shouldn't be too hard to resale once i give up on BB10 again lol.

What am I doing ??
    I have no idea but hopefully you’re enjoying it.
    08-26-19 11:19 AM

What's wrong with me?

What am I doing ??
    You know what BB10 is... so it's "eyes open".
    08-26-19 11:41 AM
    Hello Crackberry users!

I'm looking to purchase a passport to replace my work phone which is a S8.

I would like to know if buying a passport for only Emails, Waze (any satnav app), excel and word would be a good idea as I can't stand touch screen keyboard devices.

Currently use Blackberry key2 now as my personal.

Thanks all!
    No!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-19 11:47 AM
    You know what BB10 is... so it's "eyes open".
    If Google backup services like Keep, Contacts and Calendar worked well on BB10, I'd actually consider putting my SIM in the Passport and dual carrying it with the Pixel 3 for the hell of it, especially now that someone confirmed to me that WhatsApp chat backup and restoring to Gdrive worked well.
    08-26-19 12:43 PM
    If Google backup services like Keep, Contacts and Calendar worked well on BB10, I'd actually consider putting my SIM in the Passport and dual carrying it with the Pixel 3 for the hell of it, especially now that someone confirmed to me that WhatsApp chat backup and restoring to Gdrive worked well.
    Regressive delusionment could be occurring here. We should definitely have a welfare check done on boon. Since I'm close by (four hours) with Labor Day weekend and SoBe location. I'll volunteer if everyone just PayPals me expense cash.....LMAO
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-26-19 01:42 PM
    Regressive delusionment could be occurring here. We should definitely have a welfare check done on boon. Since I'm close by (four hours) with Labor Day weekend and SoBe location. I'll volunteer if everyone just PayPals me expense cash.....LMAO
    *slow laugh* 🥱

Read my post again, I said "for the hell of it" meaning I'm obviously not going to suddenly have an inspiration that BB10 will work as a primary communicator OS in late 2019 when it already didn't work in 2017...

Edit: Please let me know if I failed to detect your sarcasm
    08-26-19 02:41 PM
    *slow laugh* 🥱

Read my post again, I said "for the hell of it" meaning I'm obviously not going to suddenly have an inspiration that BB10 will work as a primary communicator OS in late 2019 when it already didn't work in 2017...

Edit: Please let me know if I failed to detect your sarcasm
    You missed the sarcasm. I was just looking for a literal crowdfunded gas money, cheap motel room and Captain Morgan Labor Day sojourn... all's good boon except you torpedoed my hooker money fund ;-) I'd a shared part of it with you
    08-26-19 02:59 PM
    Hi, is there any way to import KEY² password keeper data in to my passport? I have tried exporting the data from KEY² but passport can't read / recognize that. Tried content transfer app too but that's not working either.
    Hey akshay,

I'm not sure this is possible, and since I don't have a Key device I can't easily test it for you. I suspect it will be difficult as Blackberry Android tends to run on different Blackberry infrastructure than BB10 (in part because it's developed by TCL rather than Blackberry Limited).

How much password data do you have? Would manual import be out of the question?
    08-26-19 04:24 PM
    Hey akshay,

I'm not sure this is possible, and since I don't have a Key device I can't easily test it for you. I suspect it will be difficult as Blackberry Android tends to run on different Blackberry infrastructure than BB10 (in part because it's developed by TCL rather than Blackberry Limited).

How much password data do you have? Would manual import be out of the question?
    I believe content transfer app was the conduit for what could or would transfer over.
    08-26-19 06:43 PM
    Hi, is there any way to import KEY² password keeper data in to my passport? I have tried exporting the data from KEY² but passport can't read / recognize that. Tried content transfer app too but that's not working either.
    @conite

Any suggestions?
    08-26-19 06:44 PM
    I believe content transfer app was the conduit for what could or would transfer over.
    For BB10 to Android yes, but not in the reverse (for any content, not just Password Keeper).
    08-26-19 06:45 PM
    @conite

Any suggestions?
    Export using .csv format.

When importing into BB10, select "BlackBerry 10" format.
    08-26-19 06:56 PM
    Export using .csv format.

When importing into BB10, select "BlackBerry 10" format.
    Key today is to have data & backups in an "open" format...
    08-27-19 09:20 AM
87 1234