I am from india and ‎I am currently using BlackBerry z3 since July 2014, now I want to upgrade it with 7 months used blackberry passport (Details :- imported device from dubai, 7 months used, a little scratch on backside, and assuming otherwise in good condition)
    I am just collage STUDENT and i brought my BlackBerry Z3 in 15000₹ (240$) just next day after lunch and now I am selling it in 8000₹ (130$) and I planning to buy BlackBerry Passport by adding 15000₹ more. [ total 23000₹ (370$)] should I purchase BlackBerry passport... currently BlackBerry Passport price something 35000₹ to 40000₹ in india. I just want good deal so what is your suggestion..?
    I know *all on paper specifications of BlackBerry Passport but if you are BlackBerry Passport user then please let me know about its performance in reality... please elaborate its pros and cons in brief... I like BlackBerry Passport because of its Odd look but in reality, is this smartphone easy to handle and use..? I use so much useful android apps in my current BlackBerry Z3 but they won't run flawlessly... many times I see lagging and heating issues so what you think, BlackBerry Passport will allow me to use android apps flawlessly.... I am very concerned about one thing which is it's weight (196g, or 6.9oz), my BlackBerry Z3 is just 165g or 5.8oz but I still feel my Z3's weight is so heavy, so what you feel about BlackBerry passport's weight and please let me know about all unspoken things for BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-09-15 02:55 PM
    The best thing you can do is go to a BlackBerry shope see the phone in ur hand and play with it for a while
    that's what I do
    As for the performance, it's the flagship of BlackBerry 10
    My advise to you is buy it without hesitation

From BlackBerry with Love
    10-09-15 03:31 PM
    OP, since you already use a BlackBerry you know all about the limitations, but don't worry about the weight. You will get used to it no problem. If the Passport is within your means, I would say shoot for the Passport. All the "downsides" like the size, screen and physical keyboard go away after getting used to it.

The Passport is a great phone and will suit anyone well. It has an incredible, long lasting battery that gets through a day or two of use with no problem. To give you a clearer picture of what my Passport handles flawlessly is two email accounts set to push, facebook, linkedin, whatsapp, bbm, twitter all in the hub. I text, email, and post on CB pretty much all day. This phone has yet to fail me in the battery life department. It sometimes feels as it refuses to die.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-09-15 04:48 PM
    I have had several BlackBerry phones..the Passport is my favorite!

Passport on ATT
    10-09-15 05:43 PM
    Passport Silver Edition:

Pros: intuitive operating system, led notifications with different colours, keyboard and trackpad combo beneficial when scrolling web pages, it looks like no other phone, long lasting battery

Cons: not all android apps will work, can get quite warm at times, difficult to use with one hand, not a huge variety of accessories yet

(this is my first ever BlackBerry, having switched from an iphone 5s...which was also a great 'little' phone)

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 06:30 PM
    You should have it in your hand as early as you can, because you will love it!

Posted via my lovely SE passport!
    10-09-15 09:00 PM
    Thanks guys....

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 10:41 PM
    The passport is worth the money you are going to spend on it. I used the z30 and the passport and the passport is the better of the two.

If you do buy the passport, best to invest in a Bluetooth headphone for calls since holding it in one hand for long calls is tedious. Even a wired headset with a mike is good.

If you are a student, the passport works better since you can view documents better.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 12:02 AM
    [QUOTE=jayodin10;11984570]The passport is worth the money you are going to spend on it. I used the z30 and the passport and the passport is the better of the two.

If you do buy the passport, best to invest in a Bluetooth headphone for calls since holding it in one hand for long calls is tedious. Even a wired headset with a mike is good.

If you are a student, the passport works better since you can view documents better.

I think your reply is perfect answer for all about what I asked.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 12:42 AM
    Hi Passport is Flagship device of Blackberry, your concerns will just fade away once u start using this device. It's the best go for it.

Posted via my favorite Passport
    10-10-15 01:00 AM
    BlackBerry passport was my 1st BlackBerry device and I'll not hesitate to ask you to grab a copy. It is way more secure and stable than all the android devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 02:28 AM
    "..BlackBerry Passport will allow me to use android apps flawlessly.".. no IT WONT. It is a Blackberry not an Android. But everything else you will love. With your Passport, you will be a Man .
    Sridhar M likes this.
    10-10-15 02:55 AM
    Size shouldn't be a problem -- it fits in every pocket.

Weight could be a problem for you -- it's 200g, heavier than you current phone.

Android apps can run smoothly, but not flawlessly -- the same errors can occurs just as in your current phone.

So, if you don't mind these issues, buy it.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    10-10-15 04:33 AM