09-23-16 10:34 AM
32 12
tools
    I own 3 PP. A White (mint condition) Red one (mint) and SE (excellent condition). I also own the PRIV. As much as I despise Android, I despise Apple even more, but that said the BB10 is starting to show its age. The side loading of APPs is starting to dwindle because GOOGLE shuts that down by requiring Play Services for everything now. A few apps still work and there is the possibility of using the web for APPs but again I find those to be sluggish and limited at best. I did not think I would like the PRIV at all and although it is not my favorite, I do like having the ability to get my APPs working smoothly as BB10 once did. But in the end nothing beats a BB10 for quick, easy and fast communication. The PP is a work hog! If they could have only gotten Play Service on BB10 they would have had the best of both worlds.
    tbonecopper likes this.
    09-20-16 10:01 PM
    If you have the PRIV, going BB10 at this point would be going backwards. Since moving to PRIV I haven't used my Passport and it WAS a great phone. Over time, sideloaded apps lost more and more functionality.

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion...it's going not backwards but sideways. Unless number of applications (including useless) and all hype around that are synonyms of "progress". I doubt that.
    tbonecopper likes this.
    09-21-16 03:36 PM
    Looks like I've ignored this thread a little. I returned my Priv, but it hasn't deterred me. As soon as I can find a decent price on a BB Classic in good condition, I'll buy it. I really like the way the Passport looks, but I'm just not sure about the form factor, the keyboard placement, etc.. it seems like it would be oddly weighted. Though, with the "fire sale" on shopblackberry.com today, making the passport $249 or $299 for the SE (which I don't know if it's worth the extra $50)... it's super tempting just to have both, honestly. I have a tablet for other stuff that requires an app or something higher-spec, I could likely live with the device for e-mail, calendar, phone calls until the rumoured possible Priv replacement device with pkb in February is released.
    09-21-16 03:39 PM
    Looks like I've ignored this thread a little. I returned my Priv, but it hasn't deterred me. As soon as I can find a decent price on a BB Classic in good condition, I'll buy it. I really like the way the Passport looks, but I'm just not sure about the form factor, the keyboard placement, etc.. it seems like it would be oddly weighted. Though, with the "fire sale" on shopblackberry.com today, making the passport $249 or $299 for the SE (which I don't know if it's worth the extra $50)... it's super tempting just to have both, honestly. I have a tablet for other stuff that requires an app or something higher-spec, I could likely live with the device for e-mail, calendar, phone calls until the rumoured possible Priv replacement device with pkb in February is released.
    If you're going to get a pp anyway, fork up the extra 50 and get the SE. It's so worth it!
    09-21-16 04:05 PM
    If you're going to get a pp anyway, fork up the extra 50 and get the SE. It's so worth it!
    I second that. I hesitated to buy original Passport, even after playing (borrowed from colleagues) few times. But Passport SE convinced me.
    09-22-16 05:36 PM
    Buy a SE even if you don't need it. You will love and want it. The keyboard is a little nicer and softer. The OEM kick stand case let's you do some good things.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-23-16 09:11 AM
    Well, with the ShopBB Sale in progress, I've decided to go ahead, why not. Thing is, I have an amazon gift card I want to use and I see a couple of the Passports for sale there, but I want a silver edition. It seems I can't differentiate the "SIlver Editions" (with the keyboard and structure changes) with the Passports that are just the color silver. Were the non SE ones ever made in the color silver, minus the SE enhancements?

If I'm allowed to, I can link the amazon listings, just not sure if that's okay.
    09-23-16 10:34 AM
32 12