I m worried bb os 10 will not be developed further as bb using googles "crapdroid"
    should i buy bb passport?

BTW i never owned bb....used iphones 5s,6.Dont like "lagdroid". I tried once bb os 10,i loved it.
    11-24-15 06:29 AM
    I m worried bb os 10 will not be developed further as bb using googles "crapdroid"

BTW i never owned bb....used iphones 5s,6.Dont like "lagdroid". I tried once bb os 10,i loved it.
    Yeah, go ahead and buy it. Get the SE if you like typing so much. Don't worry about the future. You can still use it effectively regardless. The last update is the best in terms of stability, compatibility with android's .apk, and battery life.

Congratulations.

Yeah, go ahead and buy it. Get the SE if you like typing so much. Don't worry about the future. You can still use it effectively regardless. The last update is the best in terms of stability, compatibility with android's .apk, and battery life.

Congratulations.
    dejavu1981 likes this.
    11-24-15 07:39 AM
    I continue to use the Passport which continues to amaze me after more than a year of usage. A true flagship quality which I find no reason to stop.
    11-24-15 07:43 AM
    I don't share your disdain for Android - which has its pluses and minuses (like any other platform). I also cannot advise you on whether or not you should buy a Passport, as that will depend on what you plan to use the phone for and what your expectations are.

Read these forums - you'll see that the Passport is a well-respected device, with nice specs and a lovely OS. The OS itself has some limitations, and some things it does really well.

If, once you've read the threads on what BB10 can and cannot do, you decide a Passport can do what you need/want it to do, then this is a good time to get one - the prices keep dropping and it's a great deal at the moment.

Again, that's assuming you walk in with your eyes open. Educate yourself about it before making the choice.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-24-15 11:42 AM
    20% off until December 1st on shopblackberry
    11-24-15 11:52 AM
    Even if they don't update, ios 10 is very stable and smooth right now. this is the phone to be using.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    andy957 and mustangh2o like this.
    11-24-15 12:50 PM
    Go for it, I got mine about 2 weeks ago (smokin deal from an individual). I also was/am concerned about BB10, but after using a Torch for 4 years (last os it would support was 7) I'm thinking BB10 will be around for a long time. I'm sure they'll throw a few updates at us, but it'll be around for a few years...long enough for me to figure out my next phone.
    11-24-15 12:54 PM
    I just got one and I'm so mad at myself for not getting it sooner. What an amazing device! Don't hesitate to purchase one. BlackBerry is also having a 20% off deal through December 1st.
    moody likes this.
    11-24-15 02:59 PM
    This all depends on how you use your device and what you want it for. If you are not big into apps then YES it is a great device, probably the best I have ever used. But if you are dependent on many different apps then I would be doubtful. Maybe write a list of must have apps that you use then find out if BB10 can handle them.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 03:26 PM
    You'd be stupid not to. Best kept secret in the mobile phone world.
    11-25-15 08:41 AM
    I just got one and I'm so mad at myself for not getting it sooner. What an amazing device! Don't hesitate to purchase one. BlackBerry is also having a 20% off deal through December 1st.
    Exactly the same for me. Got the SE one week or so ago and I'm kicking myself for not switching to the Passport when it first came out.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:47 AM
    My only gripe with the Passport, and it's a significant one, is the camera. It takes excessively long to focus, has poor reproduction and noise due to a reliance on the flash, and is completely unusable in mid to low level lighting scenarios.

When compared to the latest flagships from Samsung and Apple, it's not even close. As someone who doesn't want to lug around a point and shoot camera, it's a big issue to me.

Everything else about the Passport I love, especially the SE. I'm not that big into apps, and love the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler and Jason Dridge like this.
    11-25-15 10:07 AM
    My only gripe with the Passport, and it's a significant one, is the camera. It takes excessively long to focus, has poor reproduction and noise due to a reliance on the flash, and is completely unusable in mid to low level lighting scenarios.

Everything else about the Passport I love, especially the SE. I'm not that big into apps, and love the keyboard.
    Gotta agree about the camera. Your comments are spot on -- the Passport camera is almost useless in some situations. But, yeah; I love everything else about it!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-25-15 10:31 AM
    The front face cover of the Passport Silver Edition is painted plastic, which maens that it will wear off and look ugly/dirty eventually. And it is a bit smaller than it should be, which means that there're clrearly visible gaps around it.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-25-15 10:54 AM

Yawn. And yawn again. No worries, just stupid assumptions in the world.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-25-15 11:15 AM
    The front face cover of the Passport Silver Edition is painted plastic, which maens that it will wear off and look ugly/dirty eventually. And it is a bit smaller than it should be, which means that there're clrearly visible gaps around it.

Used z10 over a year. Sold flawless paint. And it got heavy use. Used z30 for a year and it got heavy use. Silver paint was still flawless and just getting a little Shine.

11-25-15 11:18 AM
    I just brought the AT&T version. Love it. The rounded edges definitely makes it more comfortable in the hand.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 03:38 PM
    Used z10 over a year. Sold flawless paint. And it got heavy use. Used z30 for a year and it got heavy use. Silver paint was still flawless and just getting a little Shine.

My SE has started wearing off at an edge near a corner of the chin. This is pretty quick considering me bought it just t a few months ago. I use it heavily and without a case I admit, but with a great care -- I never drop it or put it on hard surfaces.

11-25-15 07:49 PM
    Overall I think smartphone features have reached maturity. Feature growth will slow, commoditization will increase, average selling price will decline and users will hold onto existing devices longer. The Passport is an excellent smartphone for this scenario.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-25-15 08:25 PM
    BB10 is great. Have no fear. Passport or Z30 will be my next phone.

Posted via Z10
    11-25-15 10:24 PM
    Passport is a pretty incredible device, always amazes me at how I use it and how it witholds and even continues to look new. I work on cars, and use the flashlight constantly, use it with dirty hands, get grease and oils on it, but I clean it with a solution for my glasses and a micro fiber cloth and it looks like new. It's been dropped, hit on hard metal surfaces and *knock on wood* it's been fine so far. I also don't use a case, never have on any phones, and you still can't see any damage, it really is a solid phone.

The software is amazing, bottom line, sure I'd love better Google integration and android apps not to be as power intensive, but, the software is bullet proof for the most part. The biggest advantage with bb10 is that I've never felt like I might have my phone break for any reason, it's very reliable, can't say I can say the same about Androids, each android I've had has broken mysteriously, with bb10 at least I'm guaranteed zero down time, which is important considering it's a communication tool where I can't expect down time, lost productivity is detrimental. And as someone mentioned android gets laggy over time, bb10 (I've had a z10 and z30 in the past) have never slowed down, the speed is only affected by open apps, but the OS itself has always been reliable. BlackBerry blend is amazing, think of it as whatsapp Web for your whole phone (emails, file manager, contacts, calendar) and it being read and write not just to view, I'll use blend over going to Google mail or firing up outlook because it's just that much quicker to read and reply, etc.

Oh and probably the best feature is the built in file manager, the ability to see all my drives and access any file on my computer from anywhere in the world, with a fairly fast speed is a thing of beauty (all built in) this alone makes my desktop a cloud, and let's me keep moving.

It really is a wonderful phone, if only BlackBerry would acknowledge this by continuing to emphasize support instead of being vague and as previous management had shown, continue to lack transparency.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 10:59 PM
    Get an SE whilst it's still available

Passport SE
    11-25-15 11:45 PM

When compared to the latest flagships from Samsung and Apple, it's not even close. As someone who doesn't want to lug around a point and shoot camera, it's a big issue to me.

Posted via CB10
    Focus is fast on me and mum's Passports and reproduction is very good (not the best but very, very good though). Flash is poor, agreed about that though it's partly solved by using a higher ISO in Camera++.

Of course it's not as good as the latest from Apple and Samsung but how is that even possible anyway? The PP is in production for at least a year now and the SE features most of the specs of the OG. If BlackBerry were to make a PP2, of course the camera would be much much better. Probably less good that Apple's but at least it would come a lot closer.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 01:10 AM
    Overall I think smartphone features have reached maturity. Feature growth will slow, commoditization will increase, average selling price will decline and users will hold onto existing devices longer. The Passport is an excellent smartphone for this scenario.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Just look at the latest flagships and it confirms your point. Samsung only adds more and more bloatware thus needing more RAM. And for the sake of trying to look 'cool' they add a display with a slightly curved edge. And that's about it. Sony's latest flagship is just a phone with James Bond advertising, nothing more. Apple only adds features just because they can (3D Touch, really?).
    All gimmicks with no real purpose and most of the gimmicks will not even be used by the majority of people.

All in all, I agree. The PP is one heck of an awesome device and it doesn't really need all sorts of stupid gimmicks to be a mature device.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 01:19 AM
    You need to make a list of all the things that are important for you on a smartphone & then research the phones your interested in. I have been a BB user for years from the Storm to Torch to Z10 & this week I have my Passport SE. Yes the future for BB10 is up in the air but it will have support for at least another year or two. If you are heavy into games & app's then maybe ths isn't the phone for you. Everyone has different needs and that should dictate where you should go next. Got to see a Priv while getting my new sim card. Quality build & a sharp looking phone but android is not for me. Good luck with your search I hope you find the phone that best suits you. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE, 64GB Playbook, & Retired Z10
    Last edited by Jrox74; 11-26-15 at 01:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    11-26-15 01:27 AM
30 12